No announcement yet.

Southern Alberta Meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to changing circumstances, I'm unable to make the June weekend work. That said, I would be up for trying an alternate or additional date late July / early August.
    2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

OK everyone, so based on the feedback so far the consensus is to still make a go of the weekend with just the group of owners (and I agree, it was as much about getting together as anything).

I will get in touch with Carter @ SECA and let them know our plan is to proceed BUT that we would love another meet-up that they bring the boats and riders out for.

I will let you know what I hear from them about alternate dates.

Now that it is just owners, is there anything that we want to arrange? I liked the idea of bringing 2-way radios to keep in touch. I think meeting at 10:00 am for those of us coming the day of still works (but I could be wrong)? Depending on weather we can figure out what part of the lake we want to hang-out on and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
        ******* UPDATE ********

Ok, so I heard from Kris @ SECA (General Manager) and they are in a bit of a good/bad situation. They have managed to sell ALL of their inventory and won't have any of the new orders in time to bring to the weekend. They are wondering if we can post-pone the weekend until they have inventory (they are suggesting late July or August but I asked for some specific weekends that would work for them and their riders). Obviously this is a huge blow to the weekend as I know that many of you (myself included) were really hoping to see/ride behind the new boats and see some of their sponsored riders do demos behind said boats.

What I need to know is what the group wants to do about the weekend. As we head into summer it gets harder to get everyone together due to holidays and such BUT the weather might be better...

Let me know what you think ASAP and I will work with SECA to come up with a plan based on what works for the most people.
        Heres a better idea. Have the dealer invite these new owners to bring their new Tiges, the same Tiges that you would have demo's as dealer inventory. Have the dealer top off their fuel tanks and toss in a detail at their first service as a bribe to bring the boats and take others out on demo rides.

Last thing you want to do is change the dates this close.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That is a great idea Chp.

Only issue is a lot of people buy their boats here then take them immediately out to BC. I assume most of those boats are long gone. But it doesn't hurt to ask!

--

I will pick up a couple 2 way radios. If a few other guys do it, we are golden.

The weather is trending in the right direction

Comment

10 am works for me. Is there anyone coming that has TAPS 3?

Comment

10 am works for us as well. I will bring a few 2-way radios as well (I think I have 4 or 6 kicking around).

No TAPS 3 on my old boat - sorry. Might have a full boat of Jetter can't get his TPS fixed on his.

Comment

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
                Might have a full boat of Jetter can't get his TPS fixed on his.
                I don't think I will have many people with me that weekend so Jetter and crew can ride with me also if his boat is still out.

Comment

My boat is misfiring and went in for a new distributor. It should be ready for next week. Otherwise I'll be bumming rides.

My suction cups from amazon arrived today.....

Comment

Sounds like a good gathering and a way to meet some new friends sharing the same interest. I'm in Invermere and would be happy to haul the boat for the event and then take advantage of the new dealer having a go through my boat.R20%20After.jpg

Comment

So my rough back of the napkin calculations says we have six groups coming with potentially six boats:

AJward
                      JohnnieMo
                      MacTeacher
                      Jetter
                      Killerbren
                      DrJones

That is an awesome first get together! Weather still holding in there.

My plan is to arrive Friday and get the boat in place. Let's stay in communication here and bring radios to the site. From there we can pick a channel and stay in touch. For convenience sake, use your Tigeowners nickname so we know who everyone is!

Very excited!

Comment

I will be there with the Fam Saturday morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With the forecast looking so-so for Saturday I am just letting everyone know I'll still be there. Hopefully with my boat! Sunday looks real nice so if I need to hang around the campsite drinking cold ones with new Tige friends on Saturday instead of boating so be it! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                          2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                          360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Jetter - glad you chimed in with that. If the weather is sketchy it might just be me and the boys but I am still planning on coming up as well. If nothing else it will give us a chance to meet and chat. As long as the wind isn't bad, I will surf in just about anything

How are things coming on the boat front?

Comment

I am also still a lock. The weather will pull through. I agree wind is the primary consideration however the valley helps with that. We are arriving Friday evening and will be ready to surf Saturday and Sunday. If the weather turns south, we will have a nice camp setup in 31A and 33A, so stop by! My wife just went nuts at Canadian Tire buying new camping gear.

I picked up some radios also. $82 from Can Tire. I think there are two kinds of these radios. Sucky ones, and really sucky ones. I'm not sure which this is.

Let's aim for Channel 7. So once you come down into the valley, give me a shout on that channel. If not, let's meet at my camp site at 10am on Saturday. How does that sound?? I'll be the big guy wearing Tige everything.

Lastly, I think my crew is expanding. Might be up to 10 people now, including my son who is 5. I also have five surf boards I will bring:
                              - 4'7" Ronix Carbon Thruster
                              - 4'10" Soulcraft Blunt Nose Honu
                              - 5' Phase 5 Trident
                              - 5'6" Ronix Koal Fish
                              - kids sized somethingerrother

Can't wait!
                              Last edited by JohnnieMo; 06-22-2016, 04:05 AM.

Comment

I'll still be there as well, although I really messed up on reserving my camp site. I was going to get one of the ones you need to call in for, then proceeded to TOTALLY FORGET ABOUT IT. Anyways, I will be in A-28 which is close to you guys on friday night, but saturday I have to move to the other side of the park, oh well I guess I will have to drag my lawn chair and beer cooler over.

I have an IS red rocket if anyone wants to try it out, its made for the heavier guys (i'm 230lbs).
                                If anybody has a bigger wakeboard I may be interested to try that since I think I really need to buy one that fits me better.

Looks like it may be a bit windy but it might be coming out of the north which means it will be better for the waves.

Comment

Working...
                                X