No announcement yet.

Southern Alberta Meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecast is not good I'm afraid. Looks like winds of 60kph +. Won't translate to a good day. Unless forecast changes in next 24 hours I will likely not go. I was looking forward to it - hopefully we can try again sometime.
    2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
    360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Yes I'm afraid I have to pull out also. 60kph is just impossible to enjoy. Too bad as the weekend looks nice and warm!

I'm hunkering down for a 3 week renovation project. Building a boat-port to park the boat for winter. As such I doubt I have a window to go boating again this year Maybe if October is nice?!?

Comment

Sorry for the silence everyone - I wasn't receiving updates on this thread for the past few days (and work has been a bit crazy).

I am going to say that Saturday is a no-go at this point. I have boated quite a bit at Little Bow and while there are places to tuck in that are more protected, that kind of wind is pretty hard to get out of. That an the fact that the launch and re-trailer in that kind of wind is something that my wife is not up for (and I can't blame her).

It is really too bad - I was looking forward to meeting many of you, seeing your boats and set-ups and getting on the water together. Jetter and I have met up once and traded some ideas (which was great). If everyone is interested we could start looking to the spring. This will give us time to get a bit more organized and get Seca involved in the whole thing.

If you do get out this weekend - have a good one.

Boatport looks like a nice addition JohnnieMo!

Comment

It's been the tale of our summer in southern Alberta in that most of the hot days came with a dose of wind. Too bad about this weekend, but we'll have to give a shot again some other time. Sadly, while we may yet expect some decent temperatures, I'm starting to think that the season may end on lake levels before anything else ...
          2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Now I'm choked. 27 degrees and barely any wind. We've been had.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

I completely agree. I knew as soon as we pulled the plug it was going to do this!!!

Comment

Ugh. I'm disappointed. I did go to Old Man last year on Sept 25th weekend. It was high 20's and water level was ok but water is COLD. I'm definitely looking to get out again before winterizing!
                2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

The lake at Sheerness is heated by the power plant. I wanted to try it this fall if I don't have to winterize early.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

We could all drive down and crash the Texas meet-up in October:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...n-October-9-11

Comment

It's time to start thinking about our Southern Alberta Tige Meet-up for 2016. Before I reach out to the Seca Marine guys, just wondering if people have thoughts about how early they would like to see an event like this take place? Also, location is up for discussion again. I know a few people went out and checked out Little Bow after we chose that location for last year - I would be interested in hearing what they thought.

Let me know what you think and I will get in touch with the Seca Marine guys and start getting this organized.

Lake season is coming (just not quickly enough)!

Comment

Let's schedule earlier in the season so we can reboot if the weather kills it again.

Little Bow is a nice lake. The nicest I've surfed in Alberta anyways (although my sample size is small). It is a touch cool but that is normal for Alberta. So we might want to aim for summer temps.

I'd prefer something in late June. Nothing beats those long summer nights!

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                          Let's schedule earlier in the season so we can reboot if the weather kills it again.

Little Bow is a nice lake. The nicest I've surfed in Alberta anyways (although my sample size is small). It is a touch cool but that is normal for Alberta. So we might want to aim for summer temps.

I'd prefer something in late June. Nothing beats those long summer nights!
                          I second all of this

Comment

Mark Your Calendars and tell your friends.

I have been working with Carter Spear from SECA Marine in Calgary and we have locked in the weekend of June 25th & 26th at Little Bow Provincial Park for the First Annual Tige Owners Meet-up (they are very interested in this becoming an annual event).

They are bringing boats (to show and to ride behind) as well as some of their sponsored riders to run some clinics. I am going to be contacting the Campground to see what we can arrange with respect to the Group Day-Use Area and I checked online and there are campsites still available for that weekend for those who might be interested. We are wide open to suggestions for things that people would like to see/do or include in the weekend.

SECA is going to reach out to via their communication channels as well but I would love to have everyone here spread the word and try to make this a great weekend for Tige owners.

More info and updates as I get them.

Jeff

Comment

This sounds awesome, I'm on holidays for the end of June so I will be there for sure. I'm assuming they will be bringing some demo boards and stuff. I'm excited!

Comment

Sign me up. Its in the calendar.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

Working...
                                X