Southern Alberta Meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
    Any update on the scheduling of the owners event from Seca?
    Not a peep - but I will reach out and see. It would be great to get together again.

Comment

Hey everyone,

So JohnnieMo asked about dates for the "official" meet-up and I touched base with Carter today.

They are just awaiting confirmation dates on their 2017's that they have ordered. Once they get some dates that they KNOW they will have boats, then they will let us know what dates might work for a get-together/demo days (and I will post that information here).

Hopefully you have all been getting out (despite the sketchy weather) and enjoying the water!

Comment

Hey guys, should we start trying to narrow down a location and a date for 2017?

Everyone down south is talking about the lakes warming up while we are still dealing with freezing temperatures. It's not fair. I figure if we talk about a get-together then maybe that will cheer us up.

I still like the idea of late June as that stays out of most folk's vacation time. Little Bow was frigid last year. I would be open to somewhere new but could return to Little Bow also. A radical idea would be the lake at Sheerness. It is heated by the coal power plant, so would be warm in May.

Comment

I like mid to 3rd weekend in June. Even though the weather sucked last year I liked Little Bow as it is a good distance for the Cgy guys and the rest of us down further south. Especially for those of us bringing trailer and boat. I can also do Tige t-shirts for anyone interested. I'll post some example pics later.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
          2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
          360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

I am easy - it would be great if Seca can join in this year but it was great just getting together. June is usually a weather crap shoot but we just deal with it. If the 3rd weekend works for people, I will contact Seca.

Comment

I'm okay with the June 17 weekend.

Comment

I am not sure who is still following this thread from last year. Can whoever is reach out to anyone they know and see if the June 17th weekend works for them?

Comment

June 17 works for me. I'll let Bren and know.

Comment

How does the next weekend work? 24th. I'm supposed to work on the weekend of the 17th, but if it works better for you guys I can try to get the trades. Water was a bit frigid last year, I'm looking for a wet suit like Jetter had last year. What was that thing? 12mm, 14mm? Haha.

Comment

Rayburn's marine in Kelowna has a lot of wetsuits so I would imagine their Calgary location would as well. I love my O'Neil chest zip full body wetsuit.

Comment

Bren's jealous of my 1992 JetPilot drysuit from my old jetskiing days! A lot tighter than it was in 92 but it keeps me warm. #tootight

Comment

Either one should work for us.

Comment

I actually would like to stick with the 17th. My plans were to be at Ridge for the 24th weekend through the long weekend. It is a first come, first served area and you need to get in a week before the long weekend if you want in there.

Comment

Killerbren - can you make the 17th work? If so, I will reach out to SECA Marine to see if we can work something with them. I am also going to contact a local sporting good store that sticks surf stuff to see if they would like to be a part of it this year.

Comment

I work day shift on the friday, day shift on the saturday, and night shift on the sunday. I can try to get someone to work for me on the saturday, but if not then i'll probably just come out for the day on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X