No announcement yet.

Southern Alberta Meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all Southern Alberta (and area) owners, we would like to get together again this year.

The weekend of June 17th & 18th (Father's Day Weekend) has been identified as the weekend of choice for a few people. I have reached out to SECA Marine and they are VERY interested in being involved this year. With their first year behind them now, staff in place and a better idea of the inventory demands they are confident that they will be in a much better position to help out this year (with people and boats). I would also like to talk to the local shop (that has been stocking more and more surf stuff) to see if they would be interested in being involved. Little Bow Provincial Park has been suggested again as a location (due to the good moorage, free boat launch and camping option) I think this is a good choice again for us. I just checked and there is still good availability for camping spots in the campground. There has even been talk of t-shirts (Jeeter has the capability to do this).

What we need is an indication of interest. I will be talking with Carter from SECA early next week to shore up some plans and would like feedback from people before I meet with him. They will extend this to their clients and customers as well I would hope.

If you know someone with a Tige, talk to them and let us know.

Comment

I will put it in the calendar ...
      2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

I'll be there. However it looks like my typical crew might not be able to do that weekend. I'll manage.

Comment

Sorry JohnnieMo - and you were the one that instigated it for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
            Sorry JohnnieMo - and you were the one that instigated it for this year.
            That's okay. I'm sure I can find people who want to surf

I can surf with my buddies all year. This is to meet fellow owners.

Comment

Looks like I got the Saturday off. Has anyone reserved campsites yet? If so which ones do you have?

Comment

I hope to be there too(for a day or two on the lake, no over nighter for us as we don't have a trailer)! It would be fun to get to meet a few of you guys. We are usually out at Little Bow that weekend every year.

Comment

I just booked site A-44. There are lots of sites still available in A. No power but I have a generator. I booked Friday and Saturday nights.

I had mentioned if anyone wants a T to commemorate the event I can do t-shirts with this logo in two colours on the front for $20 per shirt. They are not standard heavyweight cotton but a lighter poly/cotton blend similar to underarmour t-shirt material. Nice and light - perfect for skippering your boat! Let me know sizes ASAP.

Tige SAMU Logo.jpg

Shirt colour:
                  42000_109.jpg
                  Last edited by Jetter; 04-21-2017, 09:54 PM.
                  2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                  360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Jeeter,

Yes please, we will take an Adult Large and Adult Small!

Comment

I reserved A46-A/B. This is two sites, so I am willing to part with one for another owner. I figured it best to grab both, just in case. I'm pretty sure I'll only need one.

Now I need to get a camper.... my wife doesn't want to tent anymore. Looks like I'll be two-tripping it also.

littebow.PNG

Comment

I picked up A-45 for BOTH NIGHTS this time. No more moving my trailer around the park a million times.

JohnnieMo, have you looked into getting a truck with a over the cab camper? I'm looking into one right now, two tripping it absolutely sucks. You think its only an extra couple hours, but it seems like it takes up an entire afternoon just getting everything there and set up.

Comment

We typically don't boat and camp at the same time. This trip (which I hope is yearly) is the only place we do it. We typically stay in a cabin in Shuswap in the summer, or we go camping in the woods where there is no boating. Further, my truck is an Avalanche and they don't work with the cab campers.

I found a website www.wheelestate.ca where you can rent someone's trailer and they will set it up on site and retrieve. It costs a bit extra, but it's not that bad. We may do that.

Comment

I'm now looking at staying for a couple nights, as opposed to just for the day. My buddy might come out with his trailer and he mentioned he would stay in the purple area(not sure what loop that's in, it's first come first serve with no bookings) and drop his trailer off Thursday and if that's the case, I'll tent it with the family on his campsite. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_Power View Post
                              I'm now looking at staying for a couple nights, as opposed to just for the day. My buddy might come out with his trailer and he mentioned he would stay in the purple area(not sure what loop that's in, it's first come first serve with no bookings) and drop his trailer off Thursday and if that's the case, I'll tent it with the family on his campsite. Looking forward to it.
                              You are welcome to the other half of 46 if you wish. There appears to be plenty of space there.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                                You are welcome to the other half of 46 if you wish. There appears to be plenty of space there.
                                Thanks for the offer JohnnieMo! I'll keep you posted. I'll talk with my buddy and get back to you. Is the other half like the size of a full site? I'd hate to take up all your space there. There will be 9 of us, 4 adults and 5 kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X