No announcement yet.

Southern Alberta Meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else firmed up for this? It is only 2 weeks away.

I'm still there with the two campsites. Will have between 6 and 10 people in my crew. I hope some new TAPS3 boats will be there to try. I would also like to try one of these Mission gates or Ronix surf wedges

Comment

I'm still keeping the dates open. Long range forecast is not looking great for that weekend as of now, but that can change in a matter of hours, let alone two weeks ...
      2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Looks okay to me. Not amazing but okay.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
          Looks okay to me. Not amazing but okay.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
          Wow, you guys from Canada are tougher than us in the US...none of us would ride in freezing temps even if the sun is shining 😉

Yeah, yeah, I know it's °C vs °F
          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Good morning everyone,

My crew will be there for sure I am just working with SECA Marine to get a final line-up of boats, gear and riders that they will be bringing out. I am hoping to put together a bit of a loose itinerary for the day so people have an idea of what is going on (boat demos, demo rides, competitor demos....) As soon as I get that information, I will get it posted up here for all to see.

Hopefully everyone is reaching out to their friends who are owners (but not on this forum) - I know that there are a few down here in Lethbridge that aren't on this board, but will hopefully be coming.

Looking forward to it (and hope the weather cooperates this year)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
              Is anyone else firmed up for this? It is only 2 weeks away.

I'm still there with the two campsites. Will have between 6 and 10 people in my crew. I hope some new TAPS3 boats will be there to try. I would also like to try one of these Mission gates or Ronix surf wedges
              I am coming with at least one and probably 2 buddies that own Wake boats. I will also bring my "DIY Surf Wedge" aka Ronix 8 for people to try on their boats. Mine attaches via suction cup, so no velcro on the boat required.

Comment

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
                Good morning everyone,

My crew will be there for sure I am just working with SECA Marine to get a final line-up of boats, gear and riders that they will be bringing out. I am hoping to put together a bit of a loose itinerary for the day so people have an idea of what is going on (boat demos, demo rides, competitor demos....) As soon as I get that information, I will get it posted up here for all to see.

Hopefully everyone is reaching out to their friends who are owners (but not on this forum) - I know that there are a few down here in Lethbridge that aren't on this board, but will hopefully be coming.

Looking forward to it (and hope the weather cooperates this year)
                You mention "competitor" demos, does that mean you are looking for other mfg. boats to be there for demos as well?

Comment

Ajward,

Sorry for the confusion - the competitor demos will be the SECA sponsored riders (wakeboard, wakesurf) that they are bringing to perform demos and possibly even clinics (not sure).

This is a TIGE event

Comment

I will be there with or without my Tige. Damn thing is stuck in limp mode. I'm hoping to get it fixed before then but currently am at wits end! If I have no boat I'll be bummin a couple surfs off you fine folks.
                    2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                    360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Does anybody know if seca is going to bring a code reader that will read engine info? I want to check the codes and bring up the engine hours and I don't think anybody in lethbridge has one.

Comment

******* UPDATE ********

Ok, so I heard from Kris @ SECA (General Manager) and they are in a bit of a good/bad situation. They have managed to sell ALL of their inventory and won't have any of the new orders in time to bring to the weekend. They are wondering if we can post-pone the weekend until they have inventory (they are suggesting late July or August but I asked for some specific weekends that would work for them and their riders). Obviously this is a huge blow to the weekend as I know that many of you (myself included) were really hoping to see/ride behind the new boats and see some of their sponsored riders do demos behind said boats.

What I need to know is what the group wants to do about the weekend. As we head into summer it gets harder to get everyone together due to holidays and such BUT the weather might be better...

Let me know what you think ASAP and I will work with SECA to come up with a plan based on what works for the most people.

Comment

It doesn't matter to me. The new boats would of been cool and all but truth be told I have no money for a new boat. I'm pretty sure all you guys have nicer boats than me so I'll just ogle yours. I'll do whatever you guys want to do, but i'm leaning towards keeping it the same. People already have reservations (can they get refunds?) also something to keep in mind is that we havent had a successful reunion yet, this would make it 0 for 2 lol.

On the other hand the boats would be cool and the weather will probably be warmer (with a chance of wind of course).

Comment

I have my camping spot booked. So assuming I can get my damn boat running I'll still be there with cold beers and looking forward to meeting a few new faces.
                            2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                            360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
                              ******* UPDATE ********

Ok, so I heard from Kris @ SECA (General Manager) and they are in a bit of a good/bad situation. They have managed to sell ALL of their inventory and won't have any of the new orders in time to bring to the weekend. They are wondering if we can post-pone the weekend until they have inventory (they are suggesting late July or August but I asked for some specific weekends that would work for them and their riders). Obviously this is a huge blow to the weekend as I know that many of you (myself included) were really hoping to see/ride behind the new boats and see some of their sponsored riders do demos behind said boats.

What I need to know is what the group wants to do about the weekend. As we head into summer it gets harder to get everyone together due to holidays and such BUT the weather might be better...

Let me know what you think ASAP and I will work with SECA to come up with a plan based on what works for the most people.
                              I would still be interested in coming with my Surf Wedge and Surf Board, if you guys are willing give me a couple of Surf sessions behind your boats?

Comment

I also just went to Seca today and got the same story from Carter. They are pretty bummed. They were working hard on this. But as you say - a great problem to have.

I for one was never going because I wanted to try the boats... That was just a bonus. I want to meet the other owners. I'm sure between us we will have plenty of Tiges to surf. And this just means we get to do another event later on!

Weather depending... I am in!

(and I'm dying to try that Ronix surf wedge)

Comment

Working...
                                X