Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im out of lethbridge, Im interested

Comment

Let's get this confirmed. I'm in for August 29.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

I'd like to come but I can't confirm. Its been so hot and dry that harvest will be starting a few weeks earlier than normal which means my boating season will be basically over by then. I'll try to make it for a day trip, but a whole weekend won't happen.

Comment

I took a look and Little Bow has plenty of non-powered camp sites that weekend. No more powered though. I don't know about you guys, but if I'm hauling a boat I can't haul a camper too!

Comment

Just got back from a few nights at Little bow. My son wants a Camping trip for his Birthday that week so count me in, the group camping area might be worthwhile.

Comment

We don't camp but could do day trips both days. I will be talking to the guy from Seca Marine tomorrow and will post what I find out. If others are interested in camping, I can call about the group area (or if someone else wants to inquire who would be camping that would be good too)

Comment

Ok, here is what I know.

I had a great conversation with Kris Killick - the General Manager of Seca Marine. They are very interested in being involved in any way that they can with the meet-up BUT they are hoping to open their new showroom in Calgary that weekend. Because of this he isn't sure he will be able to spare anyone to come. There was talk of the 2016 boats being in by then (which would be awesome if we could get out), but he couldn't commit to anything at this time. I told him we would go ahead with the get together and if they can be a part of it great. He committed to keeping me in the loop as their work on the showroom progresses and as we get closer to the date. We might see them, we might not.

He did mention that they are having a public event to "open" the Showroom in September or October that he would let me know about (and I will pass along).

Comment

I am in Lethbridge as well and would definitely do a day trip to Little Bow for a meet and greet. That would be a blast. Macteacher are you a teacher in town?

St. Mary's is a good spot but would be a long way for those in Cgy. Also by end of August the water levels will be low. It went down about 5 feet near Wally's beach in the last month alone. Another good lake especially at that time of year is Old Man. Not sure about camping there as we stay with friends at CWR boat club. Little Bow is prob the best option and most central to Cgy, Lethbridge, Brooks, and Med Hat.
                  2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                  360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Jetter,

I sent you a PM with some personal info.

As for location, I think Little Bow is the place to have it. I haven't heard if anyone was interested in looking into camping yet. I am looking forward to the get together. Hopefully the weather cooperates!

Comment

It looks like I won't be able to camp either. Partly because we don't have the "tools" for it, but also because my wife has booked us for "Anniversary Pictures" on the Sunday.

I can still do a day trip however. Maybe even sleep in the boat Friday night. :P

As a side note - I am really pleased with Seca Marine. Great guys there.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                        It looks like I won't be able to camp either. Partly because we don't have the "tools" for it, but also because my wife has booked us for "Anniversary Pictures" on the Sunday.

I can still do a day trip however. Maybe even sleep in the boat Friday night. :P

As a side note - I am really pleased with Seca Marine. Great guys there.
                        Good to know! Our one and only local marine shop here in Lethbridge is borderline criminal with prices. They wanted $119 for impeller. Bought in online for $29 usf and came with gasket and lube.
                        2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                        360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Hey guys I haven't been paying much attention to what is going on but when did Seca Marine open up in Calgary? What happened to Hyperactive?

Comment

Originally posted by lorney View Post
                            Hey guys I haven't been paying much attention to what is going on but when did Seca Marine open up in Calgary? What happened to Hyperactive?
                            Hyperactive basically gave up the Tige rights and they are just running a shop on the lake in Chestermere selling gear. Seca Marine is opening right behind the Honda bike dealer on Mcknight and Deerfoot. They are the new Tige dealer in Calgary. They are treating Hyperactive customers like their own. They opened this summer, but it sounds like the grand opening is end of August.

Comment

Thanks for the info. So this isn't the same people running it with a new name? Do you know if they will have their own service people or will everything be done at Absolut Watersports still?

Comment

No, this is a dealer out of Kelowna who went out of their way to take over the Calgary market. Their service shop is up and running now. My boat is going in next week. From what I understand it was a cooperative handover with Seca taking over the customer relationships from Hyperactive, and Hyperactive still offering some on water service in Chestermere to Tige owners and buyers.

Comment

Working...
                                X