No announcement yet.

Southern Alberta Meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booked a couple camp-sites from Friday to Sunday. I'm really looking forward to this. I see all the US groups having fun while we boat alone

It's been said before, but there is no cell service on the lake or in the camp ground. It may be worth it for all of us to bring some cheap 2-way radios to organize communication between all the boats.

Thanks for organizing this MacTeacher.... I've been so busy I've barely looked at the boat. Whenever I'm not working I've been building my "doll house". The boat makes great scaffolding for installing lights

Comment

Jonnie,

My pleasure

Great idea about the radios. I plan on posting a map of the lake and a few things as well so people who haven't been out to the area know what to expect when they arrive. There are some great coves and beaches that would be good for using a "bases" while out on the lake depending on what the weather is like too.

I just heard back from the campground and the day-use group area (covered shelter) is booked and has been for quite a while, but we are welcome to take over the day-use area. Part of it is along the side of the boat parking lot and would be a good place to set-up in the morning with a registration/check-in area and then SECA might have a covered tent or something that they want to set-up. Not sure how many boats they are bringing yet (or if they are all going in the water), but if they want a few out just for people to look at that would be a good place for them to set-up.

Another thing I thought about last night was t-shirts. Not sure if people would be interested or not? I could check to see if SECA has some that they print up that we could hijack and put Owners Meet-up on or something? Thoughts??

As for your scaffolding - that is some pricy scaffolding!

We had the boat out last weekend for a test and surf. Water was 13.5 C and the air was 26 - do-able in just a wetsuit.

IMG_1908.jpgIMG_1919.jpg

Looking forward to meeting up

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
        Booked a couple camp-sites from Friday to Sunday. I'm really looking forward to this. I see all the US groups having fun while we boat alone
        Which sites did you get? I was going to reserve some, may as well be close to each other.

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
        Jonnie,

My pleasure

We had the boat out last weekend for a test and surf. Water was 13.5 C and the air was 26 - do-able in just a wetsuit.
        Which lake were you at? I've been looking for current water temps online for ages, seems most of environment canada's water stations dont report the temp.

Comment

I'm loving the t-shirts. I can't have enough Tige stuff

My sites are A-31 and A-33. Here are some maps to save you the effort.

Does anyone know if over night moorage is possible? Perhaps even just anchoring on the shoreline?
          Last edited by JohnnieMo; 05-10-2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
            Does anyone know if over night moorage is possible? Perhaps even just anchoring on the shoreline?
            If you are camping there they will let you keep your boat in the water. They have a big dock right next to the boat ramp. I think it will hold about 30 boats.

[/URL]
            Last edited by killerbren; 05-10-2016, 10:50 PM. Reason: fixed a pic

Comment

Killerbren,

We were at a small local lake called Stafford Lake (East of Coaldale). The water level is pretty low still but there was enough water to get in (had to use a tractor to launch the boat so we didn't get my truck stuck). It also isn't open to public use yet, but some friends put in a private launch this winter (that I helped with), so we were the second boat to make use of it. Luckily this irrigation reservoir isn't directly mountain run-off fed so the water has had a bit of time to warm up.

Comment

Ok, I am checking into t-shirts to see if we can make that happen as well. We will probably do a pre-sale and then pickup on the weekend of the event.

There hasn't been much activity here so far, so if everyone can spread the word to any owners that they know (online or off). SECA is really interested in this event and making it a success, but if we don't get people to attend it will be a lot of work on their part for little return so it would be great if we had a good turnout for our first year!

Comment

I'm in for at least one of the days. If I can get camping spot, probably for the whole weekend. Looking forward to it. I have met killerbren and macteacher and I know another guy that just bought a new to him Z1. I'll make sure he gets the invite.

Thanks to macteacher for all the work organizing!

I'd be in for a couple of shirts as well.
                  Last edited by Jetter; 05-17-2016, 06:42 PM.
                  2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                  360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Hey Guys, just stumbled across this thread. This sounds awesome! I can never plan anything to far in advance with my work schedule, but I'm 80% certain I can make this weekend work. I'll try to reserve a couple sites this week. Thanks for organizing this macteacher! I'd also be down for 4 or 5 t - shirts. Looking forward to meeting all you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll add it to my calendar and see if we can make it out. I'm sure it will be well worth it!
                      2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

I will try and make an appearance !

Comment

I'm going to try and make it for at least a day, but my summer is looking really busy at this point so no idea if i'll make it.

Comment

OK everyone,

A few people mentioned being interested in t-shirts for the event. I have reached out to Dan C (member here on the forum) who has been making up some swag over the winter months to see if he could hook us up with something. If you want to check out his work http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...zr-custom-hats

Once he gets me pricing, we are going to need to move pretty quickly to get them made up, screened and shipped in time. The more we get, the cheaper they will be (I assume). We will do a simple place your order and then pay when you pickup at the event. I am hoping that SECA will get some of the sponsors onboard to put their logos on the t-shirts as well to help offset the costs, but we will see how that goes. Whatever money is paid by the sponsors will be divided between everyone who orders shirts and prices adjusted accordingly.

I have heard from a few people that they will be camping out for the weekend. Not sure if we want to try to put together a BBQ for the Saturday night or if people just want to "do their own thing". I am fine with whatever the group wants.

I will update when I have more t-shirt info (or any info from SECA).

Comment

I am interested as well, however I own a boat that begins with an S not T, but am anxious to see if a T will get my fat *** moving better on my Phase 5 Trident. Is this the kind of event that I could take advantage of and Surf behind some of the boats Seca is bringing? Of course, I will leave the S at home!

Comment

Originally posted by ajward View Post
                                I am interested as well, however I own a boat that begins with an S not T, but am anxious to see if a T will get my fat *** moving better on my Phase 5 Trident. Is this the kind of event that I could take advantage of and Surf behind some of the boats Seca is bringing? Of course, I will leave the S at home!
                                Ajward - I don't see why not. I know SECA has a standing tige test drive program so you could probably contact them ahead of time and try to arrange something formal with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X