No announcement yet.

Southern Alberta Meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seca is open for Service only right now (and only taking Seca buyers and Hyperactive buyers - not open to others yet as they aren't fully open). They hope to have the Showroom open end of the month (hence the timing conflict). I have been dealing with them all summer as I ordered a steering cable, impeller and new factory cover through them (and they were good to deal with). I am looking forward to them getting set-up and having a dealership relatively close.

Comment

This will be good change for Tige owners in southern Alberta if they can provide good service. I will have to stop in and check out their new store. Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Just getting ready to head out on the lake but thought I should poke the group and see if anyone is interested in trying to have a BBQ the Saturday evening.

There is a picnic area right off the parking lot at the launch that we have used in the past that might work for this purpose. Not sure what the interest is like for something like this but thought I would float the idea out there.

Looking forward to the meet up!

Comment

I would like to share some information on the day/weekend with SECA and clients who wouldn't get the information otherwise. There hasn't been much activity here in a while, but I was thinking the Saturday could look something like this:

10:00 - 11:00 - checkin, chat, launch the boats, decide what part of the lake we want to be on (weather dependant)
          6:00 - Family BBQ in the picnic area by the boat launch

Not sure what else people might want to do during the day. A group photo of the boats might be neat depending on how many we get out?

Thoughts, suggestions?

Comment

Hey Guys, sorry, I'm out that weekend, decided last minute to head to Sandpoint for the last week of summer before the kids go back.

Comment

Here is the information that I passed along to Kris at Seca Marine to distribute:

Water is getting to be a bit of an issue down south here with many of the reservoir levels being too low to even launch a boat already. Hopefully Little Bow will remain high enough until the 29th/30th for the get together to take place.

Based on the feedback I have been getting from others, we are going to keep the day pretty informal.

- free launching of boats, free parking, free moorage in the marina

Date(s): Saturday, August 29th & 30th

Here is the suggested schedule:

10:00-11:00 checking, chat, launch the boats, decide what part of the lake we want to be on (weather dependant)
              6:00 - Family BBQ in the picnic area by the boat launch (BYO everything)

If we get some interest, it would be great to get a group photo of the boats together on the water at some point.

Other Details:
              - Cell reception in the campground is non-existent and doesn’t return until you are well out onto the lake, so people will need to plan accordingly for that.
              - There are primitive washroom facilities at the launch (pit toilets)
              - There are 2 launches and pretty ample parking for trucks/trailers but if the weather is good it is a busy place on the weekend
              - Some people are talking about camping for the weekend. Last I checked there were a few sites still available but there is nothing organized for the group.

Hopefully this will be a good “first try” at a meet-up and from it there is some interest to organize something more formal for next year.

Thank you for passing this along to other owners.

Jeff

littlebow.jpg

Comment

Looks good to me.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

I may try to make it up for the Saturday, depending on the weather forecast.
                  2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Forecast is saying +29C, sunny and no wind. Still a week away, but that is promising!

Comment

Forecast is still looking warm, although the wind is forecast to be high. I'm not sure how this translates down in the valley.

Do we have a head count yet? I'm in for the full day Saturday with a crew of up to 6.

Comment

Not a lot of activity here considering this is 3 days away. Can we get a head count?

Comment

Almost positive i won't be able to make it. I'd like to come, but way too tied up working to get away.

Comment

I'm planning on coming as long as the wind isn't blowing 60k.
                            2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                            360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Ya I saw that 60kph forecast. I'm going to decide on a go / no go tomorrow. What amount of wind is too much on that lake?

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                                Ya I saw that 60kph forecast. I'm going to decide on a go / no go tomorrow. What amount of wind is too much on that lake?

Sent from my Passport
                                Forecast is now 30 C and wind picking up as day goes on. I have actually never boated on Little bow but it's down in a coulee so maybe it won't be too bad. Hopefully someone else can chime in that has been there.
                                2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                                360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Working...
                                X