Southern Alberta Meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killerbren View Post
    I'll still be there as well, although I really messed up on reserving my camp site. I was going to get one of the ones you need to call in for, then proceeded to TOTALLY FORGET ABOUT IT. Anyways, I will be in A-28 which is close to you guys on friday night, but saturday I have to move to the other side of the park, oh well I guess I will have to drag my lawn chair and beer cooler over.

I have an IS red rocket if anyone wants to try it out, its made for the heavier guys (i'm 230lbs).
    If anybody has a bigger wakeboard I may be interested to try that since I think I really need to buy one that fits me better.

Looks like it may be a bit windy but it might be coming out of the north which means it will be better for the waves.
    I have a big boy board I can bring. It is as big as they come. I had a guy 6'9", 300+ on it last year. I barely board anymore so I can't remember it's particulars. Liquid Force with Ronix boots is all I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
      I have a big boy board I can bring. It is as big as they come. I had a guy 6'9", 300+ on it last year. I barely board anymore so I can't remember it's particulars. Liquid Force with Ronix boots is all I remember.
      That would be awesome. Thanks!

I'm getting pumped for the weekend. Even if the weather isn't nice i'm looking forward to sitting around a fire and cooking myself up some hot dogs.

Comment

I am also still a lock. The weather will pull through. I agree wind is the primary consideration however the valley helps with that. We are arriving Friday evening and will be ready to surf Saturday and Sunday. If the weather turns south, we will have a nice camp setup in 31A and 33A, so stop by! My wife just went nuts at Canadian Tire buying new camping gear.

I picked up some radios also. $82 from Can Tire. I think there are two kinds of these radios. Sucky ones, and really sucky ones. I'm not sure which this is.

Let's aim for Channel 7. So once you come down into the valley, give me a shout on that channel. If not, let's meet at my camp site at 10am on Saturday. How does that sound?? I'll be the big guy wearing Tige everything.

Lastly, I think my crew is expanding. Might be up to 10 people now, including my son who is 5. I also have five surf boards I will bring:
        - 4'7" Ronix Carbon Thruster
        - 4'10" Soulcraft Blunt Nose Honu
        - 5' Phase 5 Trident
        - 5'6" Ronix Koal Fish
        - kids sized somethingerrother

Can't wait!
        Wow - that is quite the selection of boards!!

I will have an:

- Inland Surfer Taco
        - Ronix Koal Fish.

I would be very interested in riding a few different boards if people are willing.

Comment

That would be awesome. Thanks!

I'm getting pumped for the weekend. Even if the weather isn't nice i'm looking forward to sitting around a fire and cooking myself up some hot dogs.
          The weather will be fine. Last year we cancelled because of a 60kph wind forecast. It ended up being a perfectly calm day and 27C.

So long as it is over 20C with some sun, we are good. That wind can be a bit high, but there is always a cove. The rain forecast has dropped from 15mm down to 4mm, so we are headed in the right direction.

Comment

I will also be bringing my Big Boy Phase 5 Carbon Trident 59" and Super Surf Wedge for anyone who wants to try either. Looks like it is going to be a Tige Meet and Fat Boy Fest!

Comment

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
                Hey, that is me second from the right...

Comment

Thats a great group pic boys, looking good!

Comment

I'm leaving early afternoon tomorrow so I should be on the water by 3 or 4 hopefully. I have a 2 way radio and will have it set to channel 7 sub channel 0, so if anyone will be there early get a hold of me.

Comment

Thats a great group pic boys, looking good!

I laugh out loud each and every time I read this comment.

I'll be leaving Calgary around 5pm with some luck. Will call in once I get in range. Likely around 6:30pm. Since there is no internet down there, this page will no longer be effective for communication, so bring your radio! Canadian Tire has some for $32 right now.

Comment

I'm leaving early afternoon tomorrow so I should be on the water by 3 or 4 hopefully. I have a 2 way radio and will have it set to channel 7 sub channel 0, so if anyone will be there early get a hold of me.
                        Note my buddy Matt and his brother Greg will be there around that time also. They will fit right in with the "team picture". You can't miss them.

Comment

Well, the weather didn't really cooperate but we made the best of it. It was great to meet some of the local owners and swap stories, watch each other surf and spend time in the water together. Hopefully it was the first of many more get togethers.

Comment

For a first time Alberta get together I'd call it a success! We had five groups there, but only 3 Tiges due to circumstances. Attending were: JohnnieMo, MacTeacher, Killerbren, AJWard and Jetter. Most of us camped out for the weekend.

It was a nasty little weekend but we found some windows to get on the water.

Little Bow Provincial Park, Alberta:

Nasty!

Killerbren's freshly plumbed 22Ve.

No leaks!

JohnnieMo's Z1 (with sorely needed storm shield)

The docks:

MacTeacher's 22V

Some poor sap who forgot to put in his drain plug:

AJ behind my Z1 riding a Phase 5 Trident

Mrs. Mo rockin' the Tige hat.

Live long and prosper. Till next time. (let's hope for better weather)
                            Last edited by JohnnieMo; 06-27-2016, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Looks like a good time guys. Sorry I couldn't make it. They are keeping me busy at work with the move. It you guys try to get together again before the end of summer I will try and make it. We have a. Pile of boards as well I could bring out.

Comment

Any update on the scheduling of the owners event from Seca?

Comment

Working...
                                X