No announcement yet.

Southern Alberta Meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They told me I could fit a camper and a boat on each half. But that is all I really know. Based on the layout I think there is plenty of room.

Comment

Anyone been out there yet this year? Not sure what the water levels are at yet as they were pretty low not long ago. Might try and go out for a day this long weekend if the weather is decent. Itching to test out my new(to me) boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_Power View Post
        Anyone been out there yet this year? Not sure what the water levels are at yet as they were pretty low not long ago. Might try and go out for a day this long weekend if the weather is decent. Itching to test out my new(to me) boat!
        I tried to go to a local lake but the launch (privately operated) wasn't open yet. The rest of the lakes are very low still as I think they are bracing for a big melt.

https://rivers.alberta.ca/

If you go to this site you can see all lakes/reservoirs in Alberta and see what % they are full.
        2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
        360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Originally posted by Jetter View Post
          I tried to go to a local lake but the launch (privately operated) wasn't open yet. The rest of the lakes are very low still as I think they are bracing for a big melt.

https://rivers.alberta.ca/

If you go to this site you can see all lakes/reservoirs in Alberta and see what % they are full.
          Thanks for this info Jetter. We went yesterday and website said it was over 92% full. Busy long weekend there with lots of campers and boaters. Water was freezing(15C) but overall was a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_Power View Post
            Thanks for this info Jetter. We went yesterday and website said it was over 92% full. Busy long weekend there with lots of campers and boaters. Water was freezing(15C) but overall was a great time!
            We got out for first run of the year yesterday. 25 degrees and dead calm at St. Mary's. Beautiful snow covered mountains on the horizon. Water was a balmy 16°C (61°F). Boat purred like a kitten and my newly self installed heater worked like a charm. Great day. Looking forward to Father's Day weekend for our meet up.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

61 is warm!!! At 62 I'll shed the wetsuit.

My boat started up in the yard yesterday, but the garden hose was the closest it got to water.

Comment

Jetter and I had the whole lake to ourselves yesterday. Water was a tad chilly, then we reminded ourselves it was still May!

Comment

What a great pic!

Comment

No more tenting for us!!!

2001 Rustler RT229

Now I need to haul two trailers though.

I hope plenty of you are on the water today. I'm stuck home with a pukey kid.

Any word if Seca is coming to the reunion?

Comment

Awesome! You will never go back to tenting. You're in Alberta just pull the boat behind the RV

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                        No more tenting for us!!!

2001 Rustler RT229

Now I need to haul two trailers though.

I hope plenty of you are on the water today. I'm stuck home with a pukey kid.

Any word if Seca is coming to the reunion?
                        Congrats on the new purchase Johnnie!

I spoke with SECA a week or so ago. They are very interested in joining us (they are actually talking about closing the showroom for the Saturday in order to bring as many boats, boards and people as possible out). I should be hearing from them this wee with more details and I will pass those along once I know.

Comment

I don't know we can't get weather like we've been having for the Father's Day weekend but at least it is looking moderately better than last year! Still 10 days away so hopefully it warms up a bit! Looking forward to it.
                          Capture.PNG

Comment

Looking forward to the meet! Just looking at other lakes for our summer holidays. Anywhere you guys recommend going? We don't mind driving a decent way. Our usual Okanagan and Mara are dealing with flooding so we are not heading there this summer. Looking for other options outside of AB. We've been to Sandpoint, Coeur D'Alene and Hayden, Flathead, Koocanusa for boating, but looking for other great boating lakes to check out this summer. Any recommendations or hidden gems? Prefer something with lake front rental properties with slips.

Comment

Christina Lake is amazing. Warmest springfed lake in Canada. It is pricey though. We discovered Hayden after doing Christina for several years. Love it and are going for three weeks this summer. Rent a house with own private covered dock.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm getting excited for the Father's day Tigé reunion. So long as the weather isn't pouring rain or screaming wind I'll be happy.

We plan to arrive Thursday evening to set up. However I'll need to return to Calgary on Friday to get the boat. My second spot 46B is now spoken for. Some friends of mine are taking it.

What do we have for a headcount? Boat count? I'll have about 8 adults and 4 kids. And a single 2013 Z1. Sadly my cedar surf board won't be ready but I'll bring all the glass ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X