No announcement yet.

debates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They say Mitt really enjoys boating and is a pretty good skier, Here he is behind a fishing boat. They do say he owns a Bu though... Tige needs to work on that...
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Nope, it was the elevation.

ya, wonder what he was huffing?

Originally posted by socalsynergy View Post
      I think that Obama was distracted by the Middle East, Africa, the second dead border agent, the implosion of Europe, Fast & Furious bubbling up again, the anemic GDP, the unemployment rate, the national debt, the weakening dollar, the poverty level, the poor illegal’s that he hasn't gotten amnesty for yet, the failure of the Stimulus, the failure of his green energy experiments, the women without contraceptives, blacks who do not support gay marriage, gas prices running over $5, Iran, energy problems, union weakness, his failed budget by 99-0, his executive orders which are un-Constitutional, the fact that he forgot to get Michelle something for her anniversary, and the fact that he really wanted to be golfing or on vacation rather than debating a man who was destroying him
      Hard to believe there are people out there that actually believe we are better off now than 4 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by konajay View Post
        Hard to believe there are people out there that actually believe we are better off now than 4 years ago!
        Even harder to believe that reasonable people think one man holds their better off / worse off destiny in his hands.

As a result of my own toil I'm definitely better off than I was four years ago. My region and city aren't. Due mostly to the tremendous collapse of the overheated construction / homebuilding sector in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post
          Even harder to believe that reasonable people think one man holds their better off / worse off destiny in his hands.

As a result of my own toil I'm definitely better off than I was four years ago. My region and city aren't. Due mostly to the tremendous collapse of the overheated construction / homebuilding sector in 2008.
          This guys economic policies are choking this country. He has no idea what he's doing. Just my

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
            BECAUSE WHY?
            You don't understand a simple word like because! Because I live near the grand city by the lake. A couple of hours to the country life, city culture nearby, terrible sports teams but mainly because it is where I enjoy to live. So Because fits. Is it the perfect place? Heck no but it is home to my family.

Comment

12 months ago I was a panzy azz
              6 months ago I was a fag
              today I'm a dickface.

What will I be tomorrow??

I just love you MICKYPOO!!!
              Is NICKYPOO looking in the mirror again? Reflections speak louder than words and he must not like what he sees. Personally I think his eyes are defective!

We must be humble with NICKYPOO Prayer is not the answer for him. But with him you just gotto have fun

A NICKYPOO fan

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post

One man doesnt 538 congress plus the president and policys, and the DEMS. controlled our destiny for over 2 years.
                Im not sure if your talking about the housing bust, but the CRA , WHICH STANDS FOR COMMUNITY RENOVATION ACT started in 1977 under Jimmy Carter this was the begining of morgages and loans for people who couldnt pay them back, which in turn started Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae which was the goverment takeing on the bad loans that banks wanted out of.
                Nothing changed for my bussiness or home morgage , we still had to prove we could afford to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
                  One man doesnt 538 congress plus the president and policys, and the DEMS. controlled our destiny for over 2 years.
                  Im not sure if your talking about the housing bust, but the CRA , WHICH STANDS FOR COMMUNITY RENOVATION ACT started in 1977 under Jimmy Carter this was the begining of morgages and loans for people who couldnt pay them back, which in turn started Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae which was the goverment takeing on the bad loans that banks wanted out of.
                  Nothing changed for my bussiness or home morgage , we still had to prove we could afford to pay.
                  We the people allowed a government enterprise like Freddie and Fannie to be created to take on loans that private banks deemed too risky. Then we let that entity grow huge and act surprised when it failed. Private banks were in on it to some degree, but government encouragement of lending to people who could not afford it is the base of the problem.

When you have people who begin to believe that there is a 'right' to home ownership, this is what you get.
                  Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                    We the people allowed a government enterprise like Freddie and Fannie to be created to take on loans that private banks deemed too risky. Then we let that entity grow huge and act surprised when it failed. Private banks were in on it to some degree, but government encouragement of lending to people who could not afford it is the base of the problem.

When you have people who begin to believe that there is a 'right' to home ownership, this is what you get.
                    x2

owning a house is not a given but something you need to work hard for. Years ago we scrimped and saved for 5 years when we got married to pay for our wedding and a downpayment on the townhouse. My wife worked and I worked a fulltime and parttime job during 9-13% interest rates. The high risk loans with minimal risk to buyers made it too darn easy for people to not only buy a home but buy homes beyond their capability to pay because of Freddie, Fannie and even VA.

Now we have a new way to bailout banks and people who bought more than they could afford. The HARP policy allows people who are in troublw with their current mortgages to refinance at low interest rates yet again. In many cases the loaning institutions are not even looking at debt to income ratios. So here we have yet another way loans will fall short, default etc.

Comment

I like beaver
                      Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

Comment

People blame the president as if he controls every single thing. There are 488 member of the house, of which the republicans control. If anybody follows the house speaker, John Boehner, this would show you the credibility and worthiness of the Republican party. Absolutely NOTHING was accomplished in the past 2 year worth noting. Then if something gets done, we move onward to 100 senate members which the Dems control, then we finally go to the president. So for all you students that blame Obama, it all starts at the bottom and works it's way up. Obamba inherited a bankrupt country four years ago. The deficit was a unanimous decision among both the Dems and the Republicans. It's not about the one guy on top. Thank you...you may be seated.

Comment

People blame the president as if he controls every single thing. There are 488 member of the house, of which the republicans control. If anybody follows the house speaker, John Boehner, this would show you the credibility and worthiness of the Republican party. Absolutely NOTHING was accomplished in the past 2 year worth noting. Then if something gets done, we move onward to 100 senate members which the Dems control, then we finally go to the president. So for all you students that blame Obama, it all starts at the bottom and works it's way up. Obamba inherited a bankrupt country four years ago. The deficit was a unanimous decision among both the Dems and the Republicans. It's not about the one guy on top. Thank you...you may be seated.
                          He shouldn't have promised hope and change if he couldn't do it.

Comment

I think you guys confused his statement, he was hoping to spend your pocket change!

Comment

People blame the president as if he controls every single thing. There are 488 member of the house, of which the Dems control.
                              Oh man, where were you hiding back in 08! We had this flaming liberal on here blaming GW for everything, when in fact, the Dems had control of Congress for the last 2 years of his term.

Oh wait, it was you
                              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Right now the house controlled Republicans won't allow anything to get done unless medical reform is repealed which they voted about 8 times now.
                                But here's your list.

1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending

2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices

3. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women (biggie)

4. Beginning the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq (biggie)

5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB (nice)

6. Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information

7. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier’s family

8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act (it's about time!)

9. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible

10. Limits on lobbyist’s access to the White House

11. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration

12. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date

13. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren’t even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan

14. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research

15. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research

16. New federal funding for science and research labs

17. States are permitted to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards

18. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect

19. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools

20. New funds for school construction

21 The prison at Guantanamo Bay is being phased out

22. US Auto industry rescue plan

23. Housing rescue plan

24. $789 billion economic stimulus plan

25. The public can meet with federal housing insurers to refinance (the new plan can be completed in one day) a mortgage if they are having trouble paying

26. US financial and banking rescue plan

27. The secret detention facilities in Eastern Europe and elsewhere are being closed

28. Ended the previous policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with theGeneva Convention standards

29. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops

30. The missile defense program is being cut by $1.4 billion in 2010

31. Restarted the nuclear nonproliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols

32. Reengaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic

33. Reengaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions

34. Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office

35. Successful release of US captain held bySomali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job

36. US Navy increasing patrols off Somali coast

37. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles

38. Cash for clunkers program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulated auto sales

39. Announced plans to purchase fuel efficient American-made fleet for the federal government

40. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children

41. Signed national service legislation; expandednational youth service program

42. Instituted a new policy on Cuba, allowing Cuban families to return home to visit loved ones

43. Ended the previous policy of not regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions

44. Expanding vaccination programs

45. Immediate and efficient response to the floods in North Dakota and other natural disasters

46. Closed offshore tax safe havens

47. Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals

48. Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back

49.. Ended the previous practice of protectingcredit card companies; in place of it are new consumer protections from credit card industry’s predatory practices

50. Energy producing plants must begin preparing to produce 15% of their energy from renewable sources

51. Lower drug costs for seniors

52. Ended the previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings

53. Increasing pay and benefits for military personnel

55. Initiating a new policy to promote federal hiring of military spouses

56. Improved conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other military hospitals

58. Increasing opportunities in AmeriCorpsprogram

59. Sent envoys to Middle East and other parts of the world that had been neglected for years; reengaging in multilateral and bilateral talks and diplomacy

60. Established a new cyber security office

61. Beginning the process of reforming and restructuring the military 20 years after the Cold War to a more modern fighting force; this includes new procurement policies, increasing size of military, new technology and cyber units and operations, etc.

62. Ended previous policy of awarding no-bid defense contracts

63. Ordered a review of hurricane and natural disaster preparedness

64. Established a National Performance Officer charged with saving the federal government money and making federal operations more efficient

65. Students struggling to make college loan payments can have their loans refinanced

66. Improving benefits for veterans

67. Many more press conferences and town halls and much more media access than previous administration

68. Instituted a new focus on mortgage fraud

69. The FDA is now regulating tobacco

70. Ended previous policy of cutting the FDA and circumventing FDA rules

71. Ended previous practice of having White House aides rewrite scientific and environmental rules, regulations, and reports

72. Authorized discussions with North Korea and private mission by Pres. Bill Clinton to secure the release of two Americans held in prisons

73. Authorized discussions with Myanmar and mission by Sen. Jim Web to secure the release of an American held captive

74. Making more loans available to small businesses

75. Established independent commission to make recommendations on slowing the costs of Medicare

76. Appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court

77. Authorized construction/opening of additional health centers to care for veterans

78. Limited salaries of senior White House aides; cut to $100,000

79. Renewed loan guarantees for Israel

80. Changed the failing/status quo military command in Afghanistan

81. Deployed additional troops to Afghanistan

82. New Afghan War policy that limits aerial bombing and prioritizes aid, development of infrastructure, diplomacy, and good government practices by Afghans

83. Announced the long-term development of a national energy grid with renewable sources and cleaner, efficient energy production

84. Returned money authorized for refurbishment of White House offices and private living quarters

85. Paid for redecoration of White House living quarters out of his own pocket

86. Held first Seder in White House

87. Attempting to reform the nation’s healthcare system which is the most expensive in the world yet leaves almost 50 million without health insurance and millions more under insured

88. Has put the ball in play for comprehensive immigration reform

89. Has announced his intention to push for energy reform

90. Has announced his intention to push for education reform

Comment

Working...
                                X