X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was real!
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ird-in-new-ad/

Comment

That however is funny. It's even funnier that Big Bird is the only thing they can nail Romney on after that debate... a joke.

Spin it baby, yea!
      Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
        Wow!

From that article:
        An Obama campaign official said it has received the request and "will review their concerns."

I wonder if the Obama official replies something like this:
        "You are subsidized by us, we love you and we intend to continue subsidizing Big Bird, therefore we own rights to his character"

Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Dunno, but this is

Its hard to make out the sign, but it reads "Romney Just Fired My @$$"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1949221.html

Claims its not political. Must be true as im sure there is no liberal indoctrination going on at any public universities
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Yeah, makes it look like im spreading misinformation
            Sorry about that Chpthril... My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
              "Anybody that has traveled extensively through the world knows that the American culture is the middle finger. One figure says F U to his neighbor and the other 4 fingers point to himself." WOW! As a retired military man who has visited over 25 countries, this statement is down right pathetic. I will not get into a political argument, but I will argue about this specific part of your RANT! The missions, volunteer projects, and welfare visits we made to many different nations never included the middle finger you spoke of. Yes, our culture is envied amd despised at the same time from many living abroad. However, people all over the world have benefited from our humanitarian efforts that included the backbones and all 10 fingers of MANY DIFFERENT SERVICE MEMBERS. Do me a favor Nobody, political disagreements are fine, but making such a ridiculous statement insults the work I have done to promote this countries good name. Leave it political, and get off off your high horse of ignorance!
              Yea yea yea, I know what the US does abroad. It not about the US servitude overseas, it's has more to do with the general attitude on selfish Americans. Another way to put this is when you leave a country and enter the International terminal. Say, leaving Hong Kong and heading to the US. There you get mowed down, bumped, banged, stepped on without a single excuse me or I'm sorry. Getting on the plan you get pushed, hurried, and rammed. Americans are one of the most crude people on this earth.

Ahhh...whatever. My neighbors grandson has had leukemia since he was four. Can I share you with the wonderful experience of medical insurance through his eyes to all you better off boat owning people? How about my old neighbor Mickey who was one building over, can I share with you his experience? now deceased. Of course not, your all healthy and doing well, it's not your problem.
              Last edited by Nobody; 10-09-2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                My neighbors grandson has had leukemia since he was four. Can I share you with the wonderful experience of medical insurance through his eyes to all you better off boat owning people? How about my old neighbor Mickey who was one building over, can I share with you his experience? now deceased. Of course not, your all healthy and doing well, it's not your problem.
                Healthy and doing well simply because I am a boat owner?!? Great logic there. Hey, I have an idea, live by the words you speak... sell your boat and take care of those less fortunate! Just an idea sir.

Comment

Of course not, your all healthy and doing well, it's not your problem.
                  I have to disagree with you Nobody. I know that a number of TO members have reached out to help others, financially as well as other ways, and that is just here on this board. Outside I am sure they are still giving to others. I won't name all the specifics but if you do a search you may find some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                    Healthy and doing well simply because I am a boat owner?!? Great logic there. Hey, I have an idea, live by the words you speak... sell your boat and take care of those less fortunate! Just an idea sir.
                    That's a copyright infringement on Skippacool.

Comment

I apoligize to all on this site, I only meant to have a healthy topic of pros an cons to the debate.
                      But since the greed of our sosiety got mentioned, Im going to give my take on that, I feel Ive been around long enough 61 years and grew up in a very different era.
                      When I was growing up , we had the family doctor who could be called on a 24 hours basis and would come out and treat you with no paper work or concern for insurance or your abilty to pay , or that he could be sued and in alot of cases not charge at all because we were a hard working family and he knew we pay him in some way.
                      Next there was the shoe repair man, the local grocery store owner, the milk man, the baker and of course my family mother and father in the auto repair bussiness, we all helped those in need when it was called for and no one expected or asked for a hand out.
                      It seems to me that as the goverment got in the bussiness of telling us who or what we were going to support that things gradully went bad .
                      The goverment has created an entitlment mantilty that you have spoke of , and yes we have backed off on giving.
                      Now I dont propose to know how everybody on here feels, but Ive been on this site and many others giveing away free info with never a request for compensation, also I see that same thing from every person on here, with no request for compensation, and I have always assisted my neighbors in the same way thats the way I was raised.
                      As far as our country and its position in the world, no other country has helped or gone to more trouble to save or rescue those in need, do we give the bird finger to others , hell ya when they deserve it, do we ask for just a little respect hell ya.
                      When Kadafy was raising hell in Libiya we requested of France to give us airspace so our bombers could save fuel for a better direction to aproch, but they said no , now you can all be thankful I wasnt the president, for after saving them from the Nazis I would have got on the phone to there president and said we are flying over your airspace and if your planes or missiles come up I cant be responsible for the end result.
                      So the bottom line is as Americans we are still the most compassionate of any nation and do care about our neighbors and dont need the goverment to tell us what we need to do , includeing no 32 ounce drinks that we cant have in New York where will it end!!!

Comment

Linda Burnett, 29 , a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and
                        while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries.

Later, her husband noticed her sitting in her car in the driveway with the
                        windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back
                        ...of her head. He became concerned and walked over to the car.

He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open and she looked very strange. He
                        asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she had been shot in the
                        back of the head and had been holding her brains in for over an hour.

The husband called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors
                        were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they
                        finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back
                        of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making
                        a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in
                        the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she
                        felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but
                        quickly recovered.

Linda is a blonde, a Democrat, and an Obama supporter, but that could all be
                        a coincidence. The defective biscuit canister was analyzed and the
                        expiration date was from 2008, so it was determined to be Bush's fault

Comment

Nice one Skippa! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
                            I apoligize to all on this site, I only meant to have a healthy topic of pros an cons to the debate.
                            But since the greed of our sosiety got mentioned, Im going to give my take on that, I feel Ive been around long enough 61 years and grew up in a very different era.
                            When I was growing up , we had the family doctor who could be called on a 24 hours basis and would come out and treat you with no paper work or concern for insurance or your abilty to pay , or that he could be sued and in alot of cases not charge at all because we were a hard working family and he knew we pay him in some way.
                            Next there was the shoe repair man, the local grocery store owner, the milk man, the baker and of course my family mother and father in the auto repair bussiness, we all helped those in need when it was called for and no one expected or asked for a hand out.
                            On the flip side of that, couldn't greed be accounted for that? At some point some lazy, worthless, greedy person decided that they didn't want to work for a living and that a Dr. prescribed them a bad med/gave them a bad diagnosis/surgery/whatever and sued a Dr. That opened up to more people suing Dr's. which then turned to people saying that someone needed to be overseeing all of these bad Dr's which turned in to a whole govt committee and Dr's having to have malpractice insurance which then was used so much from these lazy, greedy folk that premiums skyrocketed and the Dr's had to charge more and then the medical insurance providers had to charge more for patient insurance because they wanted their cut and....whew! Maybe that's not exactly how it happened but that's how I pictured the family Doc getting screwed out of doing something that he loved for modest pay to having to charge an arm and a leg for. One greedy person started it all.

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
                              It seems to me that as the goverment got in the bussiness of telling us who or what we were going to support that things gradully went bad .
                              The goverment has created an entitlment mantilty that you have spoke of , and yes we have backed off on giving.
                              Now I dont propose to know how everybody on here feels, but Ive been on this site and many others giveing away free info with never a request for compensation, also I see that same thing from every person on here, with no request for compensation, and I have always assisted my neighbors in the same way thats the way I was raised.
                              As far as our country and its position in the world, no other country has helped or gone to more trouble to save or rescue those in need, do we give the bird finger to others , hell ya when they deserve it, do we ask for just a little respect hell ya.
                              When Kadafy was raising hell in Libiya we requested of France to give us airspace so our bombers could save fuel for a better direction to aproch, but they said no , now you can all be thankful I wasnt the president, for after saving them from the Nazis I would have got on the phone to there president and said we are flying over your airspace and if your planes or missiles come up I cant be responsible for the end result.
                              So the bottom line is as Americans we are still the most compassionate of any nation and do care about our neighbors and dont need the goverment to tell us what we need to do , includeing no 32 ounce drinks that we cant have in New York where will it end!!!
                              Why would you need to apologize Dom? Everyone gets a good laugh out of this. The bantering is fun. The only apology you require is that your republican, and for that.....I forgive you.

Anywho, I need to chime in on the greed part.

At one time, thanks to the labor movement that started in the late 1800 to the mid 20's we had a very powerful middle class. It brought respectful wages, and social welfare to the working class. Corporations hated this because it cost them profits. Then comes the exportation of our manufacturing, a move whereby American's corporations could once again reap the rewards of slave wages and dismal human rights. One by one, high pay gets replaced with low pay. Then came the 90's and the invention of bean counters. New grads fresh out of college would find ways to squeeze a penny out of a nickle. Slowly and methodically taking pits and peaces of Mfg off shores. One by one, middle class workers get replaced with slave labor. Then comes the a decade of hedge money. Giant trust monopolies that could shake and rattle commodities, bankers, and insurance companies. They dictated corporate earnings to ridiculous levels. Everyone had to followed suit. The auto and health insurance learned that the best way to 15% profits was to screw the customer. Then came the game of minimum hours to limit benefits. Fast forward a bit......In the end we all paid the price. Republicans are vested in big corporate interest only. Whats good for profit is good for the few. What's good for the many, doesn't concern them. Here today the middle class has been almost completely wiped out. The next generation of Millennials will change this course because they posses the same qualities as the labor movement generation 100 years ago. They will stand united against big corporations and hedge money with enough pressure to once again force social equality and human rights to the working class. This includes a fair medical insurance policy much like the Affordable Health Care Act. Forcing dead beats and greedy corporations including small companies to provide medial insurance to their employees. We all win in the big picture because 50 million Americans will no longer need government handouts. Most of the republicans I know are doing just fine and close their eyes to reality. And THIS I find sad.

Thank you. You may be seated.

Comment

Most of the republicans I know are doing just fine and close their eyes to reality. And THIS I find sad.
                                There was a discussion about food stamps a while back. While I am in favor of helping someone that truly needs help I am not in favor of someone wanting a free ride off of me or others.

Maybe you ought to widen your circle or as I previously mentioned help me. What I find sad is that many on government handouts do better than I do on my own. New cars, fancy foods, eating out, designer clothes, etc... My family rarely eats out. Our vacation is taking the boat out. My cars are a 1999 and a 1992. In my own way I am doing fine. I could probably do better if I sat at home and did nothing but take a government handout or a Nobody handout.

As I mentioned earlier they want the hands outs not to be the one that has to be taken from or having to give.

Comment

Working...
                                X