debates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    The debates were horrible as they usually are. Canned speeches written by the best writers rehearsed with perfection. End of story. This is basically a political thread that's dominated by a bunch of staunch republicans and a few immature adults who dislike political opposition and need to control, berate and belittle those that oppose them on political views. Dom's kangaroo thread is officially closed.
    And Nobody is mature? Thread still appears open to me. somebody can closeit but it isn"t Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
      The debates were horrible as they usually are. .
      Im sure I would have the same opinion i if had a "D" on my jersey to.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
        Canada's healthcare system denied this other employee I worked with treatment on the very machine he serviced.
        Why was his treatment denied? It was deemed "too expensive" by the Canadian healthcare system. Our employer, after stepping up to bat with Canada on his behalf finally folded and paid for his treatment.
        That happens every day here with private insurance. I'm not saying Govt insurance is better than private, just pointing out that it happens regardless of who is providing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
          That happens every day here with private insurance. I'm not saying Govt insurance is better than private, just pointing out that it happens regardless of who is providing it.
          Althhough I am legaly disabled and can no longer work in my profession and that by my private insurance carrier disability terms tI should be covered they decided to decline benefits after 10 months of coverage. I had to file 2 appeals with the company just to get the 10 months. Over the years I paid significant dollars to have disability coverage so that I could protect my wife and kids from financial disaster. They had their doctors examine me and my medical files and the initial Doctors they used aggreed that I was disabled. Basically continued coverage was denied once aDr. they use on many Neurology claims stated I was not disabled without examining me or some key test results. It all comes down to the carrier not wanting to cover the claim value until I am 66 because of the amount involved. I attempted to go back to work even on a part time basis which is allowed by the policy unfortunately my cognitive skills are affected by my condition. The same is true for our prescription drug coverage. A med that allowed me to function and work has been declined by the policy.It is sad that private insurance can play this kind of game which is based on profitability. My case has been in appeal and the court system for a year now and that goodness I can collect a small SSA benefit.

In summary having private insurance is no guarantee of having coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyPity View Post

In summary having private insurance is no guarantee of having coverage.
            This is very true and I believe healthcare needs some kind of reform, but the idea that gov't can do a better job than the private sector at ANYTHING is absurd. Well, except wasting time and money.
            Waiting for another good one!

Comment

This is very true and I believe healthcare needs some kind of reform, but the idea that gov't can do a better job than the private sector at ANYTHING is absurd. Well, except wasting time and money.
              x2

Comment

Last 7 posts are off topic.

Oh wait! Their all republicans that share the same flawed beliefs as Dom.

My bad, please resume.

Sorry.

Comment

the military, police, fire, and education come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post
                    the military, police, fire, and education come to mind.
                    And here comes round 2...

Comment

The debate was only horrible for Obama and his supporters! For Romney to make a 7 point switch in the polls indicates that people identified with Romney more. Obama has drove this country into the ground and called it progress. Romney has a clear choice from Obama; you just need to listen to what he says and not what you want to hear.

Comment

I posted this somewhere else, since this is the debate thread and the VP debate is tonight - Hopefully Biden was able to get to Kentucky a week or so ago so that he could acclimate to the altitude. Wouldn't want that to affect his performance. Dang I think there is a low pressure moving over, hopefully that is not a factor.

Comment

Since my posts are and meaningless based on narrow minded right wing boat owners that have little regard for anybody but themselves.....and the thread did not close per my wish. I'll just have to stay dead on the "debate" subject and reveal who the real loser is.........(this may be very hard for some folks on this thread to view, so this is a fair warning. Dom this might cause you anger and or drastically increase the prices on the parts I buy from you, that's ok....I understand and forgive you, I'll still be your customer).

$5 bucks says Obama wins Florida.

Any takers????

Comment

Originally posted by socalsynergy View Post
                            The debate was only horrible for Obama and his supporters! For Romney to make a 7 point switch in the polls indicates that people identified with Romney more. Obama has drove this country into the ground and called it progress. Romney has a clear choice from Obama; you just need to listen to what he says and not what you want to hear.
                            It would be easier to hear Romney if he actually gave a tad morre detail about what he is proposing. In a recent AARP flyer Romney emailed his answers in vs talking to the reporter.

But to be fair when they were interviewing Obama in the Oval Office his kids came bounding in the office after being in camp for a month and Obama stopped the interview so they could plan the kids coming home dinner.

I am pretty sure that the republican house had no part in the countries issues. It had to be the senate.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyPity View Post
                              It would be easier to hear Romney if he actually gave a tad morre detail about what he is proposing. In a recent AARP flyer Romney emailed his answers in vs talking to the reporter.

But to be fair when they were interviewing Obama in the Oval Office his kids came bounding in the office after being in camp for a month and Obama stopped the interview so they could plan the kids coming home dinner.

I am pretty sure that the republican house had no part in the countries issues. It had to be the senate.
                              DOM opened a very valid thread but it has been hijacked and taken so many times by MoneyPity mainly it has turned into.

Comment

x2 re: dom's thread and purpose. Dom if I hijacked thread I appoligize to all of you that are somebody vs. Nobody.

Tonights VP debate is a doneybrook. Neither speaker is under control and courteous but more importantly it appears to me that:

a) One appears very cocky
                                b) one iis very discourteooous.
                                c) both keep misscontruing policies they released to the people.
                                d) both of the VP's need to read their own press so at least they could keep things on track
                                e) moderator is loosing control of debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X