Alberta Tigé Events - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harvard View Post
    The new boat is in so the lake can thaw anytime now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Very nice color choices Harvard, what lake/s do you go to?

Comment

I’m going to try to make it out to this event. Should be a good time. I’ll bring the new to me Z1

Comment

Originally posted by motogreenZ1 View Post
        I’m going to try to make it out to this event. Should be a good time. I’ll bring the new to me Z1
        Awesome! Where are you from?

Are you planning to camp or just do a day trip?

Comment

I’ll be coming from Chestermere. We chatted a few summers back when I had the pink RZR, sold that and bought a 13 RZ2 now I’m on to a 2014 Z1 AF6ADAE4-CFC0-493C-88CF-DD7D10DF4A32.jpeg

Comment

Hey guys! Sorry for my absence, my daughter deleted this app off my phone and I just added it back this morning to see what’s going on. Weather permitting, we’ll be there for the day Saturday. If I’m not to late, I’d like to order 3 t-shirts. 1-XL, 1-M, 1-Kids Small. Let me know and I can e transfer money. Looks like it’s gonna be a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by szklaruk View Post
              Hey guys! Sorry for my absence, my daughter deleted this app off my phone and I just added it back this morning to see what’s going on. Weather permitting, we’ll be there for the day Saturday. If I’m not to late, I’d like to order 3 t-shirts. 1-XL, 1-M, 1-Kids Small. Let me know and I can e transfer money. Looks like it’s gonna be a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Great to hear from you Szklaruk!

Comment

It's good to hear from all three of you again (AJ, Moto and Szklaruk).

I took the liberty of jotting down all the people past and present who have expressed interest in coming to our various events, to try and put faces, to names, (to usernames) and to boats. Please help me fill in the holes, and perhaps we can track down people who have expressed interest in past years (and never made it).

littlebowlist2.PNG

We've come a long ways since the first soggy year with three boats

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                  It's good to hear from all three of you again (AJ, Moto and Szklaruk).

I took the liberty of jotting down all the people past and present who have expressed interest in coming to our various events, to try and put faces, to names, (to usernames) and to boats. Please help me fill in the holes, and perhaps we can track down people who have expressed interest in past years (and never made it).

[ATTACH]48145[/ATTACH]

We've come a long ways since the first soggy year with three boats
                  For Username AJWard, Real Name should be Adrian Ward, boat is correct. We have a place at Buffalo Lake (Stettler), and the boat sits in the Marina from May to Sept, so not feasible to come to Little Bow, maybe next year you may want to mix it up and come to Buffalo? There is a nice campground there called Old Macdonalds Resort, and they have group sites. Lake is 8 miles long, is warm, has sandy bottom, and flow in and out, so algea free...

Comment

Another option for boards is Lake Wakes, I just got mine and I am really impressed (haven't ridden it yet though). It is concave shaped side to side which makes them really fast for us bigger guys. Cost is $449 US plus shipping. This is a true hand shaped board and built tough. RagBoy from Wake 9 likes them! Lakewakes Surf board Gamma Ray Adrian1.jpg

Comment

Thanks Adrian. I went and took a look at Buffalo Lake. My sister lives in Three Hills so we are often up that way. We are going to try and add it to our summer camping circuit.

I updated the chart a but more to include locations and t-shirts.

littlebowlist3.PNG

@Harvard - regarding boards, I highly recommend you try as many as possible before dropping any coin. I have 5 or 6 boards now and there's only one that I loved when I bought it. All the rest I hated at first and regretted buying. I eventually grew in to some of them. Your skill level has a lot to do with the board you select. Obviously we will have tons you can try at the reunion. If you haven't surfed before, I highly recommend a slightly bigger board (for speed), and surf style is easier to learn in my opinion. As you get better, I tend to like the hybrid or skim style. I know guys on this site will swear up and down about the custom boards (and rightfully so) but I didn't find that worked well for me at first. Either way, try before you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                        Thanks Adrian. I went and took a look at Buffalo Lake. My sister lives in Three Hills so we are often up that way. We are going to try and add it to our summer camping circuit.

I updated the chart a but more to include locations and t-shirts.

[ATTACH]48147[/ATTACH]

@Harvard - regarding boards, I highly recommend you try as many as possible before dropping any coin. I have 5 or 6 boards now and there's only one that I loved when I bought it. All the rest I hated at first and regretted buying. I eventually grew in to some of them. Your skill level has a lot to do with the board you select. Obviously we will have tons you can try at the reunion. If you haven't surfed before, I highly recommend a slightly bigger board (for speed), and surf style is easier to learn in my opinion. As you get better, I tend to like the hybrid or skim style. I know guys on this site will swear up and down about the custom boards (and rightfully so) but I didn't find that worked well for me at first. Either way, try before you buy.
                        Great, we have a permanent site at Old Macdonalds, so are there most weekends, let me know if you come up and I may be able to get you a marina slip for the weekend. Have a great summer...

Comment

-ajward I live on Lac Ste. Anne. It’s a hour west of Edmonton. And we frequent Lake Havasu in Arizona quiet a bit, the boat will be stored down there for the winter

Johnniemo I’m not in a huge rush to buy a board but I’ll definitly take you out surfing anytime just byob haha!

Comment

I don't want to say too much because the deal isn't final, but the sis and bro in law are hopefully sealing the deal on a 20V very soon.

Did anyone happen to reserve too many camping spots than what they needed? There is a few that are open a couple rows over, but just wanted to ask before we reserved them to save somebody some money.

Comment

Originally posted by killerbren View Post
                              I don't want to say too much because the deal isn't final, but the sis and bro in law are hopefully sealing the deal on a 20V very soon.

Did anyone happen to reserve too many camping spots than what they needed? There is a few that are open a couple rows over, but just wanted to ask before we reserved them to save somebody some money.
                              Nice news! What year is the 20V? I don't think I've ever seen one in person.

I did book extra spots because I am a Planny McPlannerson. I don't have that extra day though.

I booked 7 total with an allocation something like this:
                              Me - B37
                              Big Dave -B35
                              Mitzy - B33
                              Cory (tent) - B24
                              Matt (tent) - B22
                              Mike -B31
                              Rob -B29

Any of those tent spots can be moved to a trailer and the tents can double up with someone else.

---

In unrelated news, I managed to twist up my knee last weekend playing football (although I made the sack, so that's what counts). Doctor says I'm a month at least before I will be back to normal. Between that and my hectic schedule, I don't think I'll be on the water for another 6 weeks. It's a travesty, but at least I should be okay for the reunion.

Comment

Sorry for the absence. For some reason I stopped getting notifications on my phone when someone chimed in. Anyway - Johnnie I have 1 extra site. A buddy and family is coming. He is a hardcore waterskier and has a Malibu ski boat. He will LOVE us making monster waves all over Little Bow.

I need to order the blank shirts right away so THIS IS LAST CALL TO ORDER A T-SHIRT! Please add your order to this thread. Again samples and sizes can be viewed on Post #54 of this thread.

Jetter
                                2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                                360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Working...
                                X