Alberta Tigé Events - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey gents. I put a note in my calendar that we should start looking at booking the group site at Little Bow in early Feb. According to their website bookings commence on Feb 5.

The group site costs $335 per night so we would need 10 “campers” to make it cost effective. Otherwise we could just book nearby sites elsewhere in the park. I think we decided last year the group sites were much nicer.

I can probably get 3 to 4 camp “sites” from my own group.

Let start the dialog. I’m looking at the June 23 weekend.

Oh ya - I’m headed to the boat show next Thursday night. Feb 8. Would be good to see you guys.

Here a boat picture.... you know... for attention.

Sadly this is the last time I was on a boat.
    Last edited by JohnnieMo; 02-01-2018, 03:49 AM.

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
    Hey gents. I put a note in my calendar that we should start looking at booking the group site at Little Bow in early Feb. According to their website bookings commence on Feb 5.

The group site costs $335 per night so we would need 10 “campers” to make it cost effective. Otherwise we could just book nearby sites elsewhere in the park. I think we decided last year the group sites were much nicer.

I can probably get 3 to 4 camp “sites” from my own group.

Let start the dialog. I’m looking at the June 23 weekend.

Oh ya - I’m headed to the boat show next Thursday night. Feb 8. Would be good to see you guys.

Here a boat picture.... you know... for attention.

Sadly this is the last time I was on a boat.
    Yes Johnnie - thanks for kicking this off. If the June 23 weekend works for people, I will start talking to Seca to see if they are interested again. We are looking at possibly getting a trailer again to park at the lake this season so we might even be able to camp this year.

Comment

Good call on the trailer! We have two now. We upgraded right at the end of the year. It’s amazing how cheap used trailers are.

I did more research and it looks like you can only reserve 90 days in advance. Feb 5 just happens to be 90 days before opening day at Little Bow which is early May. So we have until March 23 to decide. Let’s try to lock up 10 spots. I’ve got two for sure.
      Last edited by JohnnieMo; 02-06-2018, 03:49 AM.

Comment

My family is in. I'm sure Bren will be in too. I'll get a hold of him. I wish I knew how to get a hold of the three Tige guys who are always at Ridge. I'll work on it.
        2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
        360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

I reached out to a Tige owner that hasn’t been part of our group in the past as well (and have another family to contact). Hopefully we can grow this a little every year!

Comment

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
            I reached out to a Tige owner that hasn’t been part of our group in the past as well (and have another family to contact). Hopefully we can grow this a little every year!
            It has always seemed odd to me that Hyperactive was the #1 Tige sales leader for several years, yet there are no Tige owners around from that era. My assumption is that most took their boats to BC permanently. Either way, we should be able to struggle up ten families to join us for a nice weekend in June.

For those that didn't make it, here are pics of the Seca booth during the Calgary boat show. They had a LOT of Tige's there. I also had a chance to meet once of the owners of Kanuk Board Co. I must say I am impressed. I was hoping they would be at a cheaper price point than something like a Soulcraft or a Chaos, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Either way I'd like my next board to be a Kanuk. I noted our reunion and I think there will be an option for them to send some boards. I told them Brennan would bring his credit card.

Jack helped by photo documenting the entire event on his iPad. If you want any blurry boat pictures, just let me know.

Last edited by JohnnieMo; 02-13-2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Hey Johnnie, count us in for that weekend. Look forward to seeing everyone again this year. Last year was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_Power View Post
                Hey Johnnie, count us in for that weekend. Look forward to seeing everyone again this year. Last year was a lot of fun.
                Awesome. Are you in for one spot or two? I believe it was your brother who joined last year.

Comment

Most likely two spots but will let you know. It was my buddy Rob who came last year and hopefully again this year. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Let's try and lock this down over the next two weeks before booking opens up. So far I've got:

Johnnie
                    Johnnie +1
                    Jetter
                    Killerbren
                    Frosty
                    Frosty +1
                    MacTeacher

So that is 7 spots. If we can get closer to 10 I think we should do it. We might end up paying a bit more, but I think it would be worth it. My plan is to book for Friday and Saturday nights, June 22, 23.

I would assume Chad would come if he is available too.

For the record here is the map. Red arrow shows the group campground. Blue circle shows where we were last year. Black is the boat ramp.

littlebow3.PNG

Comment

Oh crap. Turns out group sites are booked an opening day. I missed this in the fine print. I should have just called in back in Feb. I guess that means we need to book individual spots which open on March 23.

Comment

Hey guys, havent been on much. Personally I try not to come on here in the winter because it hurts too bad to look at boats when there is snow on the ground. Im in for the June 23rd weekend, probably for 2 spots as I am going to have a dedicated crew with me. No more family backing out on me last minute like last year. I have friends I promise. If we can get spots close together again it seems to work out pretty good so lets try to reserve early. What area does everybody want to stay in?

Comment

I hear you Brennan. This snow is out of control. I actually had two pigeons up in my carport hiding from the snow. They were crapping all over my boat. Jack and I went to Cabellas and got slingshots. After a couple days the pigeons were no longer a problem.

Side note - I still have your 1235 to return to you. I didn't even wreck it!

As for sites, this area I've circled in blue is good. We are all going to have to book our sites on March 23 to guarantee proximity. I've amassed 4 sites now that I will book. There are 9 along that road that could work for us. I like that space because it has power/water, it is close to the showers, and it has lots of extra parking. However I am willing to hear other suggestions.

littlebow4.jpg

Comment

So a couple updates:

I called Little Bow to see if I could book a block. Turns out the only way to do that is on the website. You need to pay up front on a credit card for all the spots.

I tried doing a sample booking this weekend. Basically once the arrival date becomes available (T minus 90 days) you can book for as many days as you like. So for the available weekend it was pretty crammed even by Sunday.

So my take away is that at 12:01am on March 23 we will need to book our sites. From the sounds of things one person can book all 10, or we can divide it up. It only takes a few seconds to add all the sites to your cart.

So I will take this on for Calgary. I think it would help to have someone else from Lethbridge as there may be a per person cap. We will just need final numbers by March 22.

So here is the count as I know it:

JohnnieMo (3)
                            Frosty (2)

MacTeacher (1)
                            Jetter (1)
                            Killerbren (2)

That is 9 total and would take up that entire first row in the C area. We could also book a couple more on spec. You lose $12 per night for cancellations.

It looks like we could net a few extra between maxpow and others.

So if someone will step up from Lethbridge to do those bookings that would help.

---

On another note I went in to Seca today and talked to Carter. He is willing to support us again with a new demo boat and some board demos. He has a new BD person there named Alex who is the person to talk to. I mentioned that Jeff would reach out. So Jeff you can talk to her [emoji4]

Must be the daylight savings time because boating is in the air!

Comment

I can reserve some spots with ya. Lets talk about area for a second. How do you guys feel about the area below?

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 12.55.39 AM.jpg

The only reason i'm bringing this up is because the area in your pic John is going to be quite busy as it is right next to the main road where everybody is driving in and out. Another issue is theres only power on one of those spots and there's not a huge amount of parking. If we move to the west a bit it looks like there is more room with more parking and they all have power. What do you guys think? If you really had your heart set on that first area it makes no difference to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X