No announcement yet.

Alberta Tigé Events - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're worried about keeping a rendevous close to the action I would put it in the lake. If you put it near the beach it isn't a whole lot closer to the action than the boat dock is. There are a few sand beaches out where the lake gets wide that would be a better spot in my opinion since we can go from beach to surfing in about 20 seconds.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 7.09.48 PM.jpg

Comment

Just saying but I’d chat imagine seca pulling there brand new boats up onto the beach....

Comment

Originally posted by killerbren View Post
        If you're worried about keeping a rendevous close to the action I would put it in the lake. If you put it near the beach it isn't a whole lot closer to the action than the boat dock is. There are a few sand beaches out where the lake gets wide that would be a better spot in my opinion since we can go from beach to surfing in about 20 seconds.

[ATTACH]48551[/ATTACH]
        Not a bad idea. I just know kids will want to be on and off a lot. At least that is my experience. That first cove on the bottom is one of my favourites, but it is still a long ways from the campground. I don't think I've ever seen that sandy beach on the north. If it is accessible and easy to use. then it might be perfect. I thought that side of the lake was shallow and full of grass.

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
        Just saying but I’d chat imagine seca pulling there brand new boats up onto the beach....
        I'm not proposing driving on to the beach, just locating in the shallows near the beach. The beach itself is roped off for swimming anyways.

--

I've added Donkey (Mark) to the maybe list. He is also from Calgary with a Z1.

littlebowlist5.PNG

Comment

Somehow I missed all the action on here the past few days!

Johnnie and I have been in contact again with SECA - they just finished up a Demo day this weekend and will have a bit more time to focus on this event next. As we get closer they will have a better idea of what they have for stock to bring out (as well as people to bring the boats down and drive them). They will be sending a variety of boards as well (and I requested a wake shaper or two as I know a few people are interested in them).

We do need to get a bit organized with respect to who is bringing what to help support the smoked meat that Harvard is so kindly providing. At this point it looks like we are feeding a potentially large crew of people - Johnnie do you have numbers for all of the groups that are coming? Harvard, what do you recommend as great sides for what you are bringing?

Comment

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
            Johnnie do you have numbers for all of the groups that are coming? Harvard, what do you recommend as great sides for what you are bringing?
            I do not have a total, but if everyone provides their headcount, I will include it in the chart. I have about 15 people coming in my cohort. 4 are little kids.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
              I do not have a total, but if everyone provides their headcount, I will include it in the chart. I have about 15 people coming in my cohort. 4 are little kids.
              Thanks - I will have between 3 and 6.

Comment

Wow, I'm just getting caught up on all the new posts(I usually get instant notification on this thread, but not anymore so not sure what happened).
                Between the two sites, looks to be between 10-13(6 adults, the rest kids).

What every you guys need me to bring or do, just let me know where I can help out!
                Looking forward to it! With the warm temps coming up, hoping to be there this weekend for a day or two.

Comment

We will have 2 adults 2 teenagers Fri. 1 of each Sat. Plus friend and his two daughters for all days.
                  2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                  360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Hey everyone! Been to busy playing with the new toy and haven’t been on here. Depending on how many I’m cooking for I’ll have to see what I’m cooking. I will definitely have a pork shoulder and beef roast to cook. If there is a lot of people eating I may just bring two of each as ribs take up a lot of room. Either way there will be lots of meat for everyone.
                    Ideas for sides;
                    Corn on the cob
                    Pasta salad
                    BBQ/fire roasted potatoes
                    Salads
                    Beans
                    Corn bread
                    Veggies

I have a large folding table that I will bring out to put all the food on
                    Ps the new Tigé is siiiiiick!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetter View Post
                      We will have 2 adults 2 teenagers Fri. 1 of each Sat. Plus friend and his two daughters for all days.
                      Is this some kind of riddle? As I was travelling to Saint Ives....

Just tell me how many people will be there for supper on Saturday
                      Last edited by JohnnieMo; 06-05-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I read that as 5 people for saturday for Jetter.

I'll have 6 on saturday with a slight chance of 8. My sis and bro in law will have 2 adults and 2 kids, with a possibility of 2 more adults.

Comment

Btw - I will also be bringing my Mavic Drone and hoping to get some great overhead shots of all of the Tige boats on the water.

Comment

It's very complicated! I have people comin and goin. 5 for dinner Saturday.

S.

Comment

I think the easiest way to do a food sign up is to use a form we can all access. I created one. Please click link below and sign up with what you are bringing for shareable food.

Tige Meet Grub Sign Up

Comment

Great idea. I'll make sure all my guests are sure to contribute also.

We should have a call with a few of us and Seca this week to get it all planned out.

Comment

Working...
                                X