debates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
    Im proud of you , I dont have any low tech jobs to start any body at that wage, I have to have trained techs or they have to take less wages to be trained, when I was growing up as a teenager I could get a job as an aprentiss and learn a trade, it was on going education , today it would cost me over 20.00 per hour to train a tech , not counting lost revenue of jobs getting done during the training plus his or her minimum wage , so 20.00 plus to pay out 7.67 doesn't work out, maybe at WallMart!
    I think your problem is you fall into specialized services, ski boats are not run-of-the-mill items and neither are the cars you work on. It's a pain in the butt managing low end pay personnel because you always have to stay one step ahead of them, but I find they keep me on my toes as well. I do think (unlike the R's) that a fair starting wage in this economy is $10 an hour regardless if they're sweeping floors.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
      I never started anybody below $10.00/hr.
      Based on your feelings and point of view, why is anyone in the company paid less then you as the boss/CEO/Owner? Isnt it only fair that ALL employees earn the same rate, regardless of position, education, experience or tenure

Paying someone more based on those qualities is only rewarding them, which equals a penalty to others. Isnt that the basis of taxing the successful more? Its only "fair" that they pay more? Heck, why doesnt the janitor with less then a GED not deserve to earn a 6 fig salary, same as the CEO/owner who has a masters and 25 years in the biz. Again, its only "fair" as we keep hearing.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Here's some food for thought

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Based on your feelings and point of view, why is anyone in the company paid less then you as the boss/CEO/Owner? Isnt it only fair that ALL employees earn the same rate, regardless of position, education, experience or tenure

Paying someone more based on those qualities is only rewarding them, which equals a penalty to others. Isnt that the basis of taxing the successful more? Its only "fair" that they pay more? Heck, why doesnt the janitor with less then a GED not deserve to earn a 6 fig salary, same as the CEO/owner who has a masters and 25 years in the biz. Again, its only "fair" as we keep hearing.
          Since I'm your customer, I deserve 50% off list. End of story!

Comment

Since I'm your customer, I deserve 50% off list. End of story!
            One needs to actually buy something in order to be called a customer.

Actually, if i applied your way of thinking, those that have two houses and tow their RZ4 with a Toyota, would pay a higher markup for the exact same thing that a Bay Liner owner would pay. Its only "Fair" right, that those that can afford more expensive boats should pay more so I can redistribute the profits to those that cant afford as nice a boat.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              One needs to actually buy something in order to be called a customer.

Actually, if i applied your way of thinking, those that have two houses and tow their RZ4 with a Toyota, would pay a higher markup for the exact same thing that a Bay Liner owner would pay. Its only "Fair" right, that those that can afford more expensive boats should pay more so I can redistribute the profits to those that cant afford as nice a boat.
              Hmm! And you are where right now? And how much are the workers paid there?

Comment

Hmm! And you are where right now? And how much are the workers paid there?
                Everyone is all paid the same, all the way up from the guy that mops the shop floor to the salesman, to the install tech to the owner. They are all paid the same.

Comment

Hey (nobody) the Dems, say they want to go back to the tax increases of the Clinton arra which they claim helped stimulate growth, if you agree with that would you be in favor of going back to that entire formula which means the spending levels as well , thats the only way that the formula will work?

Comment

Hey Dom....I'm not the only fair minded Dem on this board ya know.
                    Last edited by Nobody; 12-18-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Hey we can add that to the list of words , you know (Ill respect you in the morning) ( fair minded Dems), now thats funny !!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey we can add that to the list of words , you know (Ill respect you in the morning) ( fair minded Dems), now thats funny !!!!!!!!
                        Glad I could make you laugh, just don't hose me when I need parts and service.

Comment

Glad I could make you laugh, just don't hose me when I need parts and service.
                          The price of your parts will be the same , your tax will be alot higher , at least enough to cover my cost increases.

Comment

The R's called their bluff and lost. Too bad.

Comment

The R's called their bluff and lost. Too bad.
                              Whats sad is I think you really enjoy seeing all of us suffer due to this adminstrations and congress bad choices, I really dont like the burden thats being strapped on my sons for the good of the free loaders out there, and now they want to take more of my freedom away by takeing guns away instead focusing on the problem of mentally disturbed people, unless we are willing to get rid of every means of killing people including cars and trucks your not going to fix the problem, this is the dumbest group of goverment people of have ever seen in my life.

Comment

Whats sad is I think you really enjoy seeing all of us suffer due to this adminstrations and congress bad choices, I really dont like the burden thats being strapped on my sons for the good of the free loaders out there, and now they want to take more of my freedom away by takeing guns away instead focusing on the problem of mentally disturbed people, unless we are willing to get rid of every means of killing people including cars and trucks your not going to fix the problem, this is the dumbest group of goverment people of have ever seen in my life.
                                Government is and always has been "dump" because it's reactive in it's own nature. Kind of like not doing preventive maintenance on a boat. Wait until its broke, then react to fix it. An ill attempt to fix a problem that should have been addressed with foresight. Its my opinion that the Iraq war was more proactive in nature by addressing long term threats with foresight. Credit goes to the R's and Joe Lieberman. Time to get back to proactive house repairs before the next hurricane comes rolling in.

Comment

Working...
                                X