debates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
    Once again, spending has to be cut. Not stopped, but cut. If you reduce spending, you reduce the need for income. Taxing the "rich" like Obama wants, only floats the country for something like 6 days. Anyone that thinks his war on the rich is about balancing the budget, has been hoodwinked. Its about being "fair". punishing the successful.
    So how would you do it? That's all I'm asking. What's on the chopping block (spending wise) and are taxes perfect now or are there ways to increase revenue that you'd consider? Please be as creative as you want to be and explain how and when you will arrive at a balanced budget.

Comment

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/201...ond-amendment/

Word is that within hours of winning his 2nd term election, Obama phoned the head of the UN and stated he was on board with it.
      "Word is..." got a link for that too?

This is interesting reading too: http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

Comment

Why is it so evil for a person or a company (which is many people) live the american dream?
        It's not evil. Just don't bitch about taxes when you're making record profits. Also, taxes are at their lowest level in decades. If you don't like paying tax as a company, go to another country and operate and you will pay even more and you won't have a ridiculous military to cover your azz for you when the crap goes down. Companies like mine have record net profit and they freeze pay raises and suspend 401k match because they were hoping for even more. People are leaving and they aren't hiring more people, they want the current workforce to do the same amount of work so they can make even more profit. So when you read about these jobs reports, keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post
          "Word is..." got a link for that too?

This is interesting reading too: http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp
          I read it on the internet, so it must be true Im sure I could easily find a handful of conservative blogger types stating the call was made, but I doubt there is an official record of it, if it did happen, that has been made public. If there is a record, its filed between birth cert and college transcripts
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Have fun! I think we're screwed!
            Fiscal Cliff Calculator
            http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...cut-scenarios/

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
              Have fun! I think we're screwed!
              Fiscal Cliff Calculator
              http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...cut-scenarios/
              To late to think, that deadline was 11/05/2012. The majority chose not to think and voted for Barack-a-Clause based on emotion.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

To late to think, that deadline was 11/05/2012. The majority chose not to think and voted for Barack-a-Clause based on emotion.
                And everybody that voted for Romney is based on what?

I've GOT to hear this one, it should be good.

Comment

Finally a win for the American Worker! Apple moving some production to the US of A!
                  http://gizmodo.com/5966177/tim-cook-...the-us-in-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                    There will always be someone who claims raising the minimum wage 25 cents will put thousands out of work. These are typically guys (gals too) that have little regard for the person who just made their sandwich, or the guy who washed the dishes after a nice dinner.
                    Minimum wage is why we could never hire a school student here, we cant afford to pay for his education to learn the trade, as an apprentiss like when I was growing up you could afford to hire and step the pay as they earned your business income.

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post
                      So how would you do it? That's all I'm asking. What's on the chopping block (spending wise) and are taxes perfect now or are there ways to increase revenue that you'd consider? Please be as creative as you want to be and explain how and when you will arrive at a balanced budget.
                      I still dont think its correct to single out and only tax one segment of the people, flat tax is the only way to spread the load no tax excemtions or loop holes , everybody pays !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Check out this piece on Latvia and their comeback after firing 33% of their govt workforce:
                        http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...Analysis+(Mish

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
                          Minimum wage is why we could never hire a school student here, we cant afford to pay for his education to learn the trade, as an apprentiss like when I was growing up you could afford to hire and step the pay as they earned your business income.
                          $7.67 here in Florida.

Phuu-leeeeeeeze!!

Gross pay for the employer - $337.48

Now I understand your love for the Republican part.
                          Last edited by Nobody; 12-07-2012, 02:30 AM.

Comment

$7.67 here in Florida.

Phuu-leeeeeeeze!!

Gross pay for the employer - $337.48

Now I understand your love for the Republican part.
                            Evidently you think that any uneducated person can be trusted to work on the type of vehicles and boats that come in to our operation with no assistence.
                            There isnt one job here that can be trusted to somebody with no experence, we would have to do on the job training and we are not going to foot the bill for their education and the time of any of our staff, to educate a student.
                            Im sure you would have no problem with a student sent out to service your boat, and im dam sure not going to pay 7.00 hr to sweep floors.

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
                              Evidently you think that any uneducated person can be trusted to work on the type of vehicles and boats that come in to our operation with no assistence.
                              There isnt one job here that can be trusted to somebody with no experence, we would have to do on the job training and we are not going to foot the bill for their education and the time of any of our staff, to educate a student.
                              Im sure you would have no problem with a student sent out to service your boat, and im dam sure not going to pay 7.00 hr to sweep floors.
                              I never started anybody below $10.00/hr.

Comment

I never started anybody below $10.00/hr.
                                Im proud of you , I dont have any low tech jobs to start any body at that wage, I have to have trained techs or they have to take less wages to be trained, when I was growing up as a teenager I could get a job as an aprentiss and learn a trade, it was on going education , today it would cost me over 20.00 per hour to train a tech , not counting lost revenue of jobs getting done during the training plus his or her minimum wage , so 20.00 plus to pay out 7.67 doesnt work out, maybe at WallMart!

Comment

Working...
                                X