debates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoneyPity View Post
    x2 re: dom's thread and purpose. Dom if I hijacked thread I appoligize to all of you that are somebody vs. Nobody.

Tonights VP debate is a doneybrook. Neither speaker is under control and courteous but more importantly it appears to me that:

a) One appears very cocky
    b) one iis very discourteooous.
    c) both keep misscontruing policies they released to the people.
    d) both of the VP's need to read their own press so at least they could keep things on track
    e) moderator is loosing control of debate.
    At least you have a sense of humor, and for that I admire you even though your a red elephant.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
      At least you have a sense of humor, and for that I admire you even though your a red elephant.
      Nobody grow up and leave personal insults to PM messages.

Comment

Nobody should sell his Tige and buy a pontoon to pull his tubes so he can leave this forum. Nobody likes him. Pun intended
        Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

Comment

Since my posts are and meaningless based on narrow minded right wing boat owners that have little regard for anybody but themselves.....and the thread did not close per my wish. I'll just have to stay dead on the "debate" subject and reveal who the real loser is.........(this may be very hard for some folks on this thread to view, so this is a fair warning. Dom this might cause you anger and or drastically increase the prices on the parts I buy from you, that's ok....I understand and forgive you, I'll still be your customer).

$5 bucks says Obama wins Florida.

Any takers????

This was posted 4 hours ago.
          Poll: Romney leads Obama in Florida by 7 points

Comment

Last nights debate was very poor, both candates drove over moderator and she never took control.
            There was no valuable info or stats only theory, I dont understand what they had to study for there wasnt that much info only retoric.
            I waited wanting to know why theres been no budget proposal, and nothing was said about that, also as pertaining to overseas nothing mentioned about foreigh aid being given to Libya, etc, and what do we get in exchange, yet people here are out of work, you need to take care of home first, send food and medical but no money, unless we receive some benifit .
            I always find it of interest that we pay countrys not fight with each other, lets try that with our kids, they will do the same thing when the money runs out lets rumble again.

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
              This was posted 4 hours ago.
              Poll: Romney leads Obama in Florida by 7 points
              I know I know, Romney is "suppose" to take Florida. I don't know why Florida leans Red, I haven't figured it out...just doesn't make sense. There are more have-nots, Hispanics and blacks that it seems logical it would go blue. So I was throwing the bet out for any takers just to have fun. Too few of you guys can have fun over this subject matter and have to get pissy and controlling because you're cry babies. Florida in my opinion is a swing state so any $5 dollar takers here?

As for the Biden Ryan debate last night, I didn't watch it. I hold the premise that the VP is just a slave dog with a little extra power wielding similar to the speaker and or senate majority leader, but yields very little power, but with Obama, who was a junior senator nothing 4 years ago, I think Biden holds the power-stick in this administration.

MoneyPity's last comment is completely out of line, and about equivalent to a 2 year old having it's pacifier yanked.
              Last edited by Nobody; 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyPity View Post
                It would be easier to hear Romney if he actually gave a tad morre detail about what he is proposing. In a recent AARP flyer Romney emailed his answers in vs talking to the reporter.

But to be fair when they were interviewing Obama in the Oval Office his kids came bounding in the office after being in camp for a month and Obama stopped the interview so they could plan the kids coming home dinner.

I am pretty sure that the republican house had no part in the countries issues. It had to be the senate.
                Obama's Record speaks for it self:

1. US sovereign debt downgrade: First in American History

2. Federal spending 25% of GDP Highest since WWII.

3. Budget deficit 10% of GDP Highest since WWII

4 Federal debt 67% of GDP Highest since WWII

5. Employment 58.1% of population working - lowest since 1983

6. Long term unemployment 45.9% of total - Highest since 1930s

7. Home ownership rate 59.7% lowest since 1965

8. Percentage of taxpayers paying income tax 49% lowest in modern era

9. Government dependency 47%, defined as the percentage of persons receiving one or more federal benefit payments -Highest in American history.

How can anyone want to give Obama another 4 years? WAKE UP!!!!

Comment

How can anyone want to give Obama another 4 years?
                  As long as my EBT card gets reloaded the 1st of every month, I could careless about the rest of the country. You know, that one finger up and the other 4 pointed towards me
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Let's get this out of the way first, I'm a dem.

Could one of you guys explain Romney's tax plan to me? Is his idea just to rationalize the tax code (cut rates, cut exemptions, no effective tax cut but make things simpler)? Or is he really saying he's going to cut taxes, not touch medicare or social security, increase military spending, and cut the deficit? If so how does that work?

I'm sure there must be some details on the plan but I'm too lazy to look.

Comment

Originally posted by socalsynergy View Post
                      Obama's Record speaks for it self:

1. US sovereign debt downgrade: First in American History
                      And this is Obama's fault? Two wars plus wall street and banking industry reclessness. Thanks to the Dem's we were able to pass wall street and bank reform. Republicans voted party line = NO

2. Federal spending 25% of GDP Highest since WWII.

We were bankrupt 4 years ago, does anybody understand this? The house and senate control spending so this is a partisan issue.

3. Budget deficit 10% of GDP Highest since WWII

partisan issue!!!

4 Federal debt 67% of GDP Highest since WWII

partisan issue!!!!

5. Employment 58.1% of population working - lowest since 1983

partisan issue, cause from recession and off shore mfg. Not Obama's fault.

6. Long term unemployment 45.9% of total - Highest since 1930s

partisan issue!!

7. Home ownership rate 59.7% lowest since 1965

Thank you wallstreet, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under Bush administration. Please, can I have more.

8. Percentage of taxpayers paying income tax 49% lowest in modern era

9. Government dependency 47%, defined as the percentage of persons receiving one or more federal benefit payments -Highest in American history.

How can anyone want to give Obama another 4 years? WAKE UP!!!!

Let's get real please
                      Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post

Could one of you guys explain Romney's tax plan to me? Is his idea just to rationalize the tax code (cut rates, cut exemptions, no effective tax cut but make things simpler)? Or is he really saying he's going to cut taxes, not touch medicare or social security, increase military spending, and cut the deficit? If so how does that work?

Look out Shawndoggy, they'll gang up and clobber you around here for your political views if you oppose them.

Comment

Look out Shawndoggy, they'll gang up and clobber you around here for your political views if you oppose them.
                        Maybe. I'm pretty moderate tho (at least in my own mind), and enjoy a thoughtful discussion with people from all political persuasions.

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post

From what I've read and heard on the radio, it's a basic simplification of the tax code which would eliminate many tax exemptions used by all tax payers, such as tax breaks for mortgage interest, child exemptions and so forth. By eliminating most if not all of the exemptions, so called loopholes, everyone would be effectively paying more in taxes across the board, but that is bad to do in a weak economic recovery, so in order to keep the effective taxes paid about the same so people and business don't get hit any harder, they are proposing to reduce the tax rates across the board so there is no guessing about how much your going to pay with how many exemptions you might find with Turbo Tax. So big picture from my understanding is that there will be tax simplification, lower rates on the books but similar effective taxes paid to the govt.
                          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I know I know, Romney is "suppose" to take Florida. I don't know why Florida leans Red, I haven't figured it out...just doesn't make sense. There are more have-nots, Hispanics and blacks that it seems logical it would go blue. So I was throwing the bet out for any takers just to have fun. Too few of you guys can have fun over this subject matter and have to get pissy and controlling because you're cry babies. Florida in my opinion is a swing state so any $5 dollar takers here?

As for the Biden Ryan debate last night, I didn't watch it. I hold the premise that the VP is just a slave dog with a little extra power wielding similar to the speaker and or senate majority leader, but yields very little power, but with Obama, who was a junior senator nothing 4 years ago, I think Biden holds the power-stick in this administration.

MoneyPity's last comment is completely out of line, and about equivalent to a 2 year old having it's pacifier yanked.
                            I do wish everbody would drop the insults and stick to clean intelegent imput, theres nothing wrong with differences of opinion, and I am sorry if I came across harsh in any way.

Comment

I will agree that both partys got us in trouble, but for the first 2.5 years of Obamas term he had tottal control, house and senate, could and did pass any thing they wanted , so again I say where is the evidence of the going in the right direction.
                              This is the second time that Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae was mentioned as caused by the Republicans, which isnt true no mtter how many times it gets mentioned, it still goes back to 1977 bill CRT act ( read your history and the bill) all FDIC banks were FORCED not consulted to give risky loans out, the banks didnt like the loans and the goverment came in and formed Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae which was a hybrid institution which combined the private sector investors with the goverment gaurranty that they would stand behind those mortgages so they would not be infear to buy them up.
                              I 2003 Greenspan and Berneke went to the Bush adminstration and requested that they slow this down and investagate there finencial status , Barnny Franks who was in charge of overseeing, said everything was sound, Bush reccommended that a private firm should review it and confirm Franks findings , congress refused, next Franks added colledge tuition loans to the equation , so there is a short version of what went down, and when everybody was paying it worked but when those risky loans started going bad the bust occured , I left out the fact that the goverment in 1992 forced the banks to get more creative with their loans, quote help more people, that couldnt afford to pay.

Comment

At my house, if we were short on money, we would cut spending by eliminating some things like cable tv or cell phone plans or maybe sell the family car and get a cheaper one. The govt's idea of cutting spending right now is not spending any additional money and then they call that a budget cut. No, a budget cut is when the actual budget is cut, i.e.- if you were spending $30 trillion a year, you need to spend $10 trillion a year now, not keep it at $30 trillion instead of the projected $35 and then call that $5 trillion cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X