Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duffy's 2005 24v wakesurfing mod thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try your wave and see. If you are happy keep it I don't think it would fit a 3" board. It barely fits my custom boards.
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

yeah I need to make a CUSTOM RACK for big boards. I hate having them lay around..and getting nicked

I might end up likin the wave but I know this place that sells serious bulk rubber...THICK if you want it...like INCH THICK if you wanted...I figure 1/2" will do

. They sells scraps for next to nothing too.
      my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
        yeah I need to make a CUSTOM RACK for big boards. I hate having them lay around..and getting nicked.
        you should get a knee board rack. I think it would work.

Comment

Duffy, think you could post some more pictures of how you reinforced the sides of the engine compartment? I really need to do that, and havent been totally sure how. Was thinking of channeling but i didnt think it was enough.

we got one of these for my elevation, goes on the top of the tower.
          http://store.magicseaweed.com/Colone...e-XL/Item/102/
          Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Thanks alot Duffy..... You have given me a ton of extra work LOL LOL.

Great job of your boat and your mods!!
            Life is good...
            Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

SOMEBODYELSE5

Could you provide a few more pics of that setup you have to hold the boards on top of your tower? I went to the link but it's a little unclear how things are held to the tower. Do the straps just wrap around the tower and the boards or are there four straps, two to hold the cushions on the top of the tower and two to hold the boards on? I like the idea but would like to see a few more pics if possible.

Thank you

And, where do you guys get the covers for the speakers? Do they come with the speakers or people ordering them after the fact from somewhere?

Comment

[QUOTE=somebodyelse5;515849]Duffy, think you could post some more pictures of how you reinforced the sides of the engine compartment? I really need to do that, and havent been totally sure how. Was thinking of channeling but i didnt think it was enough.

So far I think just the channel is enough, will go out and try more. So far so good though.
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Ok, went out and fully tested everything. With 3 people in the boat both waves were amazing! I would say the best I have seen hands down. Official fill time for the 1800 pound sacs is 4:30! Freaking crazy. Drain was roughly the same. I will post more pics when I get them off my buddies dslr. Perfect pass needs to be calibrated. It said we were going 13.5. So basically no idea how fast we were really going!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sweet Duffy
                    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

yeah mon...bad ***. Those pics woke me up right away. Goofy side looks FAT

So no leaks this time?..no issues? Maybe post a pic of the filled 18' for sh*ts and gig's
                      my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Nope no leaks! might change how the fill hose is ran. I will try and take pictures of the fat sacs filled next time

Comment

Oh yeah and wave flap or FAE flap worked perfectly. Only spray comes from under the teak between the transom. Surfdad said he put duct tape on the bottom.

Comment

cool 4 and change to fill/drain..

that's insane muhahahahaha..you did well young surfwalker

Comment

well looks like another project . Seems everything you've done Duffy has rocked. I guess after 3 wakeboats you got it down

...I'm supposed to test mine today...don't have a truck so I'm scramblin...the girl is all over the text'..she's already at the lake with tasty beverages and all... ..I'm an hour away and still in the pj's haha

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                                Ok, went out and fully tested everything.
                                I see the problem... your wave is on the wrong side. {grin}

Nice job on everything, and great detailed writeups with photos. I hope to post my efforts soon but you've set a really high standard.

Comment

Working...
                                X