Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duffy's 2005 24v wakesurfing mod thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catch a wave

Comment

Sweet goofy wave Duffy Looks like me and some gas $$ need to make a stop in Idaho.

Comment

Come surf anytime. I have custom shred stixx boards and a sick wave
        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I am glad you are liking your Shred Stixx. Once I get more into surfing one of the Shred Stixx boards was going to be my choice.

Comment

Duffy,

Looks great bud. Glad you are on the water havin fun.
            Formertigeowners.com
            I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

Duffy- have you ever run weight on the platform? I have heard of good results of putting a 155lb sac on the platform but havent tried it yet. Thoughts?

Comment

Well done Sir, well done.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by embo View Post
                  SOMEBODYELSE5

Could you provide a few more pics of that setup you have to hold the boards on top of your tower? I went to the link but it's a little unclear how things are held to the tower. Do the straps just wrap around the tower and the boards or are there four straps, two to hold the cushions on the top of the tower and two to hold the boards on? I like the idea but would like to see a few more pics if possible.

Thank you

And, where do you guys get the covers for the speakers? Do they come with the speakers or people ordering them after the fact from somewhere?
                  will do it sometime tomorrow!
                  and we have our speaker covers made from the same guy who made our cover.

[QUOTE=duffymahoney;516353]
                  Originally posted by somebodyelse5 View Post
                  Duffy, think you could post some more pictures of how you reinforced the sides of the engine compartment? I really need to do that, and havent been totally sure how. Was thinking of channeling but i didnt think it was enough.

So far I think just the channel is enough, will go out and try more. So far so good though.
                  sweet. its getting pretty ugly with the big sac in there. couldnt close the engine hatch the other day because it moved everything around in there so much.
                  Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
                    Goofy side looks FAT
                    So only Goofy riders can ride the Starboard side?

Comment

it's the law NP'...it's the law

Duffy would you mind posting the dimensions of the mud flap? How did you attach it to the deck?
                      my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

I attached it to the brace under the deck. It's the standard 30" wide and 18" tall. I think copied the angles of the bottom of the boat to match the flap.
                        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

damn..that's huge.

I wonder..just how much smaller you could make it to be effective..maybe 24 across and 14 wide..

They've got 2 foot wide 3/4" super dense rubber scraps at Rubbermart' for 10 bucks..sh*t is stout
                          my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
                            it's the law NP'...it's the law
                            I guess I better watch out for Jonny Law then.

Comment

Damn Duff you going crazy with the surf mods! Glad it is all working out for you. I really dont get wakesurfing not my cup of tea as they say but you guys sure are a dedicated bunch...always in search of bigger and better. Have fun! Be safe and enjoy!

Comment

Pretty amazing duffy, looks great. Would love to see it, film it some day. 4:30 sounds incredible.
                                http://wake9.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X