Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duffy's 2005 24v wakesurfing mod thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a few. We were riding fast this day. Somewhere in the 12.5-13 mph range. When we go fast I get more prop wash but the wave is more solid. Airs were good but stupid iphone is tough to capture the highest point.
    Attached Files
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Duffy hows the boat doing these days? Havent seen ya on WW lately.
      Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Boat is sleeping away the winter in a dry room while we have snow on the ground I try to stay off WW. I get annoyed by people on it. I am planning on doing a new wave flap made out of horse stall mats and might install a malibu surfgate type system. I am also going to cut the cooler pad in half, that way only one person has to get up to get beers out! Other then that the boat should be good to go.
        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

cool. my next flap I'm making is from a landing craft boat..ie vietnam war era rubber ramp. so friggen stiff a cat can't scratch it
          my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

3/4 horse stall mats are bullet proof No more weight at the bottom needed as well!!

Comment

where do you get that ****? there's no horses around here...or horse accessories shops
              my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Do you have a tractor supply?

Comment

probably but the rubber warehouse place in RENO has pretty much the baddest rubber of any kind. it's like a rubber fantasy factory. they've got all kinds of 'scraps' too for like next to nothin$$

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                    Boat is sleeping away the winter in a dry room while we have snow on the ground I try to stay off WW. I get annoyed by people on it. I am planning on doing a new wave flap made out of horse stall mats and might install a malibu surfgate type system. I am also going to cut the cooler pad in half, that way only one person has to get up to get beers out! Other then that the boat should be good to go.
                    I hear ya. Tempers Flare on WW...especially when the temps drop! Good to hear, looking forward to seeing more from that 24V
                    Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
                      probably but the rubber warehouse place in RENO has pretty much the baddest rubber of any kind. it's like a rubber fantasy factory. they've got all kinds of 'scraps' too for like next to nothin$$
                      What's the name of this joint?
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

one place is DELTA RUBBER..It's on watson off Glendale. The other is near there..not sure...maybe right on Glendale. The rubber pros at DELTA know where the other spot is cause' that's how I found it. Both have a sh*tload of rubber stuff

Comment

Ha! I knew it. I used to work right around the corner from them. I might have to head down there.

Comment

hey guys if you are looking for another place to get the horse mats try Cal Ranch. Thats where I got mine.

Comment

Ya, I went down to Delta and they were in the process of moving and had no scraps. A 24 x 72 chunk of 1/2" double belted (something like that, their thickest, stiffest stuff) was about $75. Not bad. I got a few other projects going on at the moment but, I think can get one together.

What type of parameters are use guys using? I.E. location, length, width?
                              Last edited by NICKYPOO; 03-04-2013, 05:55 AM.

Comment

I did outside the exhaust holes wide and length to match the swim deck while we went. Then cut it so that the mat matches the shape of the transom.

Comment

Working...
                                X