Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duffy's 2005 24v wakesurfing mod thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely buffed out the 20i yesterday... then it effing rains last night? WTF!!!!
    Houseboat weekend... come on up Five... check out how the upper class lives high on the hog!
    So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Oh.. and leave the decals off...
      It's how I roll....

Comment

You should trade me towers since you don't wakeboard much
        Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Had tons and tons of issues, cracked exhaust muffler, engine hose had a leak, empty drain system for the enzo sac had a leak. Also the engine dividers need to be re-enforced somehow. Also I got a little spray on the wave from the FAE so I will be making an FAE flap for it. Wave was super tall and shorter, but with dialing it in it got way better. Need to do some repairs but should be able to fully test custom sacs when they come in on thursday.
          Attached Files
          Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

damn. so what happened to the engine dividers? I put extra beefier screws in both mine but I'm sure they would fare better with extra support

wave looks pretty good..clean 4 sure

can't wait to see you custom FAE flap

no test for me today...snowed again here in tahoe hahahahahah 4 more inches..It's the JUNE 6 CURSE..since i was a kid it always seemed to snow on friggen' JUNE 6...however good news is not much after the 6th

I'm goin crazy and seeing those pics is pushing me over the edge..BUT thanks for them cause' it's givin me hope
            my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
              damn. so what happened to the engine dividers?
              Excuse my ignorance, but what are "engine dividers"?

Comment

the 2 walls between the rear storage lockers and the motor. the ones that 'slide' out to access things in the bilge area..plugs etc
                Last edited by MooseX; 06-06-2011, 05:39 PM.
                my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Ballast filled in about 4 minutes, which the enzo sacs don't fill perfectly so I would guess 1300-1400 pounds. So that puts me close to my 6 or less fill for my custom 1800s.
                  Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

the 2 walls between the rear storage lockers and the motor. the ones that 'slide' out to access things the bilge area..plugs etc
                    Ah, got it. Thanks!

I presume the engine dividers need reinforcement due to the pressure from the fat sacs?

Comment

4 min wow...and your saying your target is 6 to fill/drain 18's?..

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                        Ah, got it. Thanks!

I presume the engine dividers need reinforcement due to the pressure from the fat sacs?
                        yup..and now that Duffy' is havin issues i'm all over it...as we speak i'm cutting up some stout alu' 1/2"/3" stock for some serious support braces. I cant have my sacs floppin all around 'Commando'

Comment

You buy my boat.. swap towers.. then sell my boat with your tower on it.

LOL.. as if.
                          Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
                          You should trade me towers since you don't wakeboard much

Comment

Hey Duffy, I had a cracked muffler as well. I fixed it, but Im considering removing them and going with straight hose.

Comment

yup..and now that Duffy' is havin issues i'm all over it...as we speak i'm cutting up some stout alu' 1/2"/3" stock for some serious support braces. I cant have my sacs floppin all around 'Commando'
                              My 2009's dividers seem pretty stout. They are not reinforced, but they are held in place at the bottom by channel and the top against the metal piece that holds up the locker and engine access hatches.

I doubt my dividers can be moved by a fat sac, but they might be able to flex a bit. If they do, they'll get the same treatment as yours!

Comment

My plan is to run U channel out of aluminum on the bottom and sides. I will most likely have to pull the carpet off for the best fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X