No announcement yet.

DIY Ballast Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did you use the thru hull hole in the back when in the first set of pictures you have a thru hull scoop?
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Lee made me do it!!! The scoop was going to require a gate valve which is about $150. Lee showed me how they do their set up and looked good to me. A few people were having issues with the electric gate valves. Another area of concern was the 2 inch pipe manifold. I was concerned That i would not be able to make the gate valve line up. I like the transom set up as it is a straight shot to the manifold. Cant fill while moving though which is not a big issue to me.
      Let it be!!!

Comment

If you look at the picture of the drivers side rear compartment. There is the drain pump, and the line goes up to the thru-hull but then another line continues up and disappears. where does it go?

sorry for all the questions, just trying to get mine figured out

Comment

CP3 - you mean the pic in post #37?
          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
            CP3 - you mean the pic in post #37?
            yes sir

Comment

That is my fill line. It comes up under the rear seat to the gunnel. Under the gunnel are 2 wooden braces for the wiring, I ran the fill line up there until where you see it drop out. On the TEE you see another line go up in the gunnel. It is the vent line and comes back down by the rear seat which is out of the picture.
              Let it be!!!

Comment

what does that 3rd line do because it cant be a vent bc it already passes the thru hull vent?

I see the fill line. I understand that.

Comment

It can to be the vent line. i built it. You have the drain pump going into the tee. The fill line is in front of the drain pump and circles back to the manifold. The other line off the tee goes up into the gunnel like in post 36. Post 36 is the port side but drivers side is the same. That is the check valve that keeps the drain line from going back into the vent line and forces the water out the side tru hull. The hose behind the tee that goes through the battery compartment is the bilge hose
                  Last edited by xpjim1; 06-11-2007, 05:34 PM.
                  Let it be!!!

Comment

Im sorry jim but Im still lost

Comment

I sent you an email. I will try to a diagram tonight for you
                      Let it be!!!

Comment

thanks. diagram would be great

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
                          That is the check valve that keeps the drain line from going back into the vent line and forces the water out the side tru hull.
                          That is what I was trying to find out in a earlier post, I think you will need two separate hose as the water will not allow it to vent air as well.

Comment

There are 3 lines. The vent line goes up under the gunnel to a check valve to the tee, out the thru hull. The drain line goes from the bag, to the pump, up to the tee and out the thru hull. The bag is lower than the tru hull so the drain water will only rise to the height of the bag. The vent line can vent air out the thru hull. The fill line is totaly separate. Am I missing something. I still thing the confusion is that you cannot see the vent line because it is out of the picture
                            Let it be!!!

Comment

XP,

In pic 2 of post #32, what was the reasoning for removing the 3/4 pump outlets before you installed the outlet?

Thanks again.
                              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The tsunami 1200 has 1 1/8 inch outlets. Orginally I had 1 1/8 to 1 inch adapters but I did not like the pressure from the hoses on the elbows. I thought they would move some when the boat was moving and bouncing so I eliminated one of the failure points.I used 1 1/4 inch hose over the threads and then I used a 1/14 to 1 inch adapter at the check valve
                                Let it be!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X