No announcement yet.

DIY Ballast Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no more tubes. After 3-4 years of heavy abuse my 3 Connelly Convetibles all popped this year. Seams ripped. I know what the kids are getting for Christmas this year

Fly High really wants to patch with the valmax material. We shall see
    Let it be!!!

Comment

My 5 man water weenie is made of a similar material. If I get a hole, I will probably just patch her up with some of that. Fortunately, the weenie came with a square patch big enough to plug Hoover Dam. I have patched 3 holes in the weenie with it, and has held very nicely so far.

Are they doing it for free? Just for the cost of shipping? Let us know how long it takes.
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Need info

Jim,

in the middle pic, the brass threaded-to-barbed fitting connecting the thru-hull to the manifold? Cant find one anywhere

what ever you can remember about it: nomenclature, thread/barb size, manufacturer, place of purchase.

No hurry, just completing my list of parts.

Thanks again.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Jim,

in the middle pic, the brass threaded-to-barbed fitting connecting the thru-hull to the manifold? Cant find one anywhere

what ever you can remember about it: nomenclature, thread/barb size, manufacturer, place of purchase.

No hurry, just completing my list of parts.

Thanks again.
          Think I found what I need. It looks like what came with Tall's Rival but need to varify dimensions.

MarineEast.com http://www.marineeast.com/a_sch/sch_...d=04&pid=04_08
          Attached Files
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

http://www.boatfix.com/catalog/657.pdf

I bought it at boatfix.com Actually if you got through the bottom the picture you listed would work best
            Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
              http://www.boatfix.com/catalog/657.pdf

I bought it at boatfix.com Actually if you got through the bottom the picture you listed would work best
              1/4 the cost as well

Comment

I did not send you the price page. The real price is $26.00 so maybe 1/3 the cost. If you are looking for hose it was hard to beat boatfix. When you search it takes you to the page with the real prices and then you click on the catalog page to make sure it shows the item you want
                Let it be!!!

Comment

Oh, ok, I see thier prices now. I've spent a lot of time searching and can't find hose cheaper. Lowes has the plastic elbow like I pictured above but 1 1/4" is the largest they have in stock. Will have to check online.

Are your check valves threaded or slip-fit. Lowes has the slip-fit but do not have a slip-fit w/barbed fitting. Oh well, I guess i'll have to just spend more time on the net

Got some chrome thru-hulls off ebay today for $9 ea shipped.

Comment

Mine are threaded. Are you using 1 inch hose or 3/4 inch. Did I ever send you my spreadsheet with the companies I used for the parts?
                    Let it be!!!

Comment

Mine are threaded. Are you using 1 inch hose or 3/4 inch. Did I ever send you my spreadsheet with the companies I used for the parts?
                      Using 3/4 and going w/the T800 pumps. Got your spd sheet and it has been big help.

Comment

Thats the way to go. 3/4 . Lowes here only had the spring check valves. I wanted swing and needed the threaded so I could use the 1 1/4 to 1 inch adapter. Mcmaster Carr had the threaded check valves and the 3/4 inch are so much smaller than the 1 inch.
                        Let it be!!!

Comment

Thats the way to go. 3/4 . Lowes here only had the spring check valves. I wanted swing and needed the threaded so I could use the 1 1/4 to 1 inch adapter. Mcmaster Carr had the threaded check valves and the 3/4 inch are so much smaller than the 1 inch.
                          Plumbingsupply.com has the 3/4 slip-fit/barbed for about $2.00 ea shipped.

Lowes has the spring type and are about $2 cheaper then Plumbing supply.....any advantage with the swing type? They are few bucks more then the spring.

Comment

Stop the press plumbingsupply.com wants a $6.75 processing fee that brings my total to ove $17.00 Going to keep looking.

Comment

Everything I read said the swing was easier to vent the air out of the bag. Not sure if that was true but I listened.

I did the same thing with plumbing supply.com
                              Let it be!!!

Comment

Everything I read said the swing was easier to vent the air out of the bag. Not sure if that was true but I listened.

I did the same thing with plumbing supply.com
                                I worried that the spring might loosen over time, but hopefully the swing type is eternal.

Don't forget to check with Anhaney, he can get a lot of that stuff for cheap. I got a chrome through hull as well for a mod I am doing this winter and it seemed he got me a good deal.

So Jim, you used 3/4 check valves? Does that defeat the purpose of having larger hose?
                                Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Working...
                                X