X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
    I cant find it in boat fix
    http://www.boatfix.com/bypage2index.asp?page=603

Scroll down to the Multiflex hose 1 inch. That gives the price. Hit the page 603 link and you can see a picture
    Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
      So where is the unkinkable hose?

and tall where did you get the mushroom that is on your boat? is it just a thru hull like jims but on the bottom?
      I have forgotten where I got it from, but I think it was Boatfix.com. It is the same as Jim's.
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Ok I know this is getting redundant but

where did you get your switches jim?

and how did you connect the output on the pumps to the hose?
        Everything happens for a reason
        I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

What pumps are you using?
          Let it be!!!

Comment

switches
            Switches Carling SPDT on-off-on 691-V6D2D66B 3 $8.05 www.mouser.com

They were less at waytek but there website was down when I was ordering
            Let it be!!!

Comment

For the Tsunami 1200 I used 1 1/4 inch hose clamped over the threaded outlet. I then used 1 1/4 inch to 1 inch adaptors.

If you are using the tsunami 800 you could use 1 inch hose right over the threaded outlet
              Let it be!!!

Comment

I have to 1200s as well.

I just got back from lowes and couldnt a dagum thing I needed in the way of connectors for the hose and adapters. where did you get yours?
                Everything happens for a reason
                I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

PM me your email
                  Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
                    For the Tsunami 1200 I used 1 1/4 inch hose clamped over the threaded outlet. I then used 1 1/4 inch to 1 inch adaptors.

If you are using the tsunami 800 you could use 1 inch hose right over the threaded outlet
                    Jim,

You might have said this elswhere, but I noticed that West Marine has hose exactly like the hose I used, but with a 1 1/8 ID. Wouldn't that have worked better on the Tsunami 1200?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...5&classNum=146

Then we would have to deal with getting it on the sack.
                    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                      Jim,

You might have said this elswhere, but I noticed that West Marine has hose exactly like the hose I used, but with a 1 1/8 ID. Wouldn't that have worked better on the Tsunami 1200?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...5&classNum=146

Then we would have to deal with getting it on the sack.

I thought of that but You would need a 1 1/4 to 1 1/8 adaptor which was harder to find. Then the 1 1/8 inch checkvalve was more money and way bigger. Also no one i checked had a 1 1/8 thread to barb adaptor for the check valve. I checked both ways and it worked out better with the 1 inch hose for me. Then as you said the fittings to go into the sac are either 3/4 or 1 inch. there was only so much internet checking I could do.
                      Let it be!!!

Comment

Barbed fittings for Tsunami 800 gph

The 800 pumps come shipped with a barbed elbow that reduces down to accept a 3/4" ID hose - no good.

Lasco Fittings makes an elbow that doesn't reduce - it allows you to run 1" ID hose throughout your system. I'm running them on all of my fill and drain lines - they were only $.89 at Home Depot.

The part is Lasco 1407-131 RMC Insert Elbow Combination 1 x 3/4. Link:

http://www.lascofittings.com/default.asp?contentType=Catalog&hdnCategoryID=10000035&strSearch=hdnItemID|10010613&firstRecordThisPage=31&strItemAction=detail&prevStrSearch=sltCatalogCategories|10000035

Comment

So I made some tweaks on the ballast system this week to try to eliminate the vapor lock. I think it will work based on some out of water testing. 1,2 and 3 in the picture are the check valves. What happens is I had the hose running up past the check valves and the hose would fill with water. The air could not vent throught the check valve based on the water holding the valve shut. Check valve 1, I moved closer to the bag fill in the storage compartment, Check valve 2, I removed entirely as the fatsac is not as tall and the hose runs high in the compartment where I do not think I will get the vacumm draining effect. Number 4 was my custom manifold made for future expansion which did not allow the air to vent. I put an elbow on the manifold and ran a hose up the inside wall to the top of the storage compartment and put a check valve on there. I am going to move check valve 3 to the bow but ran out of time.
                          PRELIMINARY TEST

As is : the hoses past the check valves were still full of water from the last time out. Ran water thru the intake and no water made it past the pump into the hose.

After the changes : ran water into the the thru hull and water went about 1/2 way up the big hose exiting the pump. Not sure if it was due to the checkvalves being moved or the air vent on #4 but it looks promising that this should eliviate my issue.

I will shoot pictures in 2 weeks when I am out there again.
                          Attached Files
                          Let it be!!!

Comment

did you fix this yet?

Comment

Yes the changes worked. Had no vapor lock the last time out. Pumps fille at the click of the switch.
                              Let it be!!!

Comment

With all the ballast installs going on I reread mine. It has been used for 5 years and has been working flawlessly. This offseason I am going to check all the hoses as others have stated theirs have begin to fail. I might actually eliminate the bow sac and go with 2 sacs in the bow. I would then add the 4th pump. For all with ballast installs going, good job. It is always nice to see people drilling holes in their boats.
                                Let it be!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X