DIY Ballast Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moki View Post
    Congratulations!!! I am glad that you got most of the kinks worked out. I don't know if I have enough energy this year to do the ballast -- I will just fill by hand with pumps. Has anybody hooked up a Tsunami 1250 to a cigarrette lighter cord?
    Friend of mine just bought the accessory adapter ffrom radio shack and connected the pump to it with some 14 guage wire. made it about 12 feet long.
    He spent $6 for the adapter, had some wire at home, $15 on tubing and $12 for the adapter for the pump. Spent $63 instead of $99 for the set up
    Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wakeboarder247 View Post
      hahahahahahahahahaha.. ok im posting this in the best quote section. that was hilarious!
      Glad you liked it. I am here to bring a little humor to everyone's day
      Let it be!!!

Comment

mission accomplished sir. you lightened up my day w/ that little one-liner.. I appreciate it!
        If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
          Friend of mine just bought the accessory adapter ffrom radio shack and connected the pump to it with some 14 guage wire. made it about 12 feet long.
          He spent $6 for the adapter, had some wire at home, $15 on tubing and $12 for the adapter for the pump. Spent $63 instead of $99 for the set up
          Good idea! I think I will try the same, if it blows fuses, I will switch to the alligator clips.

Deceptively round? I think that you are sandbagging and that it's all muscle!

Comment

SO hows the system working out?
            Everything happens for a reason
            I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Have not been back to the lake since the last update. Too busy with both kids graduation and issues with the rental properties in Missouri.

We are going back to the lake 6/23 thru 6/26 and i will give an update.
              Let it be!!!

Comment

how did you connect the pumps to the manifold
                Everything happens for a reason
                I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

This is a link to how it was done.
                  http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...5&postcount=87
                  Let it be!!!

Comment

XP, how much of the 1" X 100' of hose did you use? Thanks?

My bags should be here Thurs, cant wait to use them (all be it manual for now tho)
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I would guestimate about 75' feet. I made most of the runs a little longer to make sure I had enough hose. Ibought the hose for about $1 per foot from Boatfix but you had to buy 50 foot rolls. West marine was selling the same hose for $2.79 a foot
                      Let it be!!!

Comment

I would guestimate about 75' feet. I made most of the runs a little longer to make sure I had enough hose. Ibought the hose for about $1 per foot from Boatfix but you had to buy 50 foot rolls. West marine was selling the same hose for $2.79 a foot
                        Found an Ebay store selling a similar hose for $.60 per foot + shipping
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I saw a store on ebay with cheaper pricing but the shipping was more than the hose. Enter the number of feet you want, put in your zip code and watch the shipping charges skyrocket. At the time i ordered, boatfix was the least expensive. And believe me I shopped
                          Let it be!!!

Comment

So I went to Ebay. 1 Inch hose 80 cents a foot. Shipping says $9.xx . You enter 75 for quantity since it is sold be the foot and the shipping costs go to $75 dollars. On the 3/4 inch hose for 75 feet the shipping costs went to $131.
                            Let it be!!!

Comment

So I went to Ebay. 1 Inch hose 80 cents a foot. Shipping says $9.xx . You enter 75 for quantity since it is sold be the foot and the shipping costs go to $75 dollars. On the 3/4 inch hose for 75 feet the shipping costs went to $131.
                              I have not plugged the numbers in, but you are probably right on that one

Comment

Thats exactly where I started. Did the same as you and went to order when i saw the major increase in price. Was not happy. Boatfix uses google checkout which gives you $10 off the first time you use it. i set up accounts for my son, my wife and myself and divided my order into 3. basically gave me free shipping. Confused the heck out of Boatfix though thinking I ordered 3 times in error. Very nice customer service though with a phone call.
                                Let it be!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X