Clear All

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
    Who had time to stare. It was a posting frenzy last night
    Next week I promise more of the ballast system in here
    yes it was and Im going to hold you to it
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Did not get much done this weekend. Drove to Havasu and felt a little under the weather. Did not feel like working on the boat in 100 degree plus heat. I cleaned up the drain pump wiring anf ran the rest of the hose. I need to attach the quick connects and clean up the wiring to the manifold. Bow sac is done, Surf sac in place . I also need to get about 1' of 1 1/4 inch hose as I cannot find what i bought before. Attached is the drain pump with the adapter.

Goes 1 1/4 hose to 1 1/4 to 1 inch adaper.
      Then the installed manifold and 2 shots of the surfsac.

Hopefully I can get to Havasu next weekend to really finish this up.
      Attached Files
      Let it be!!!

Comment

looks like its going pretty good. cant wait to see the finished product

Comment

ARRRGHHHH!!!

On Saturday I cleaned up all the wiring, connected all the bags, reinstalled the wall separating the batterries, Put the floor back down over the gas tank. I did not reinstall the rear seat as i wanted to be able to see the manifold for the water test on Sunday. Went inside the house for a cold one when a brilliant idea struck me ( too late I might add.) Went back outside and put the garden hose in the thru hull fitting and turned it on to a very low flow. Hopped back in the boat and I saw water flowin down the bilge. i was not very happy at this point. The water flow was from the hose connected to the thru hull fitting. I got a ratchet and really tightened the hose clamps and got it down to a steady drip. I also checked all the hoses on the manifold and had a few drips which were eliminated when the clamps were tightened a little bit.

When i connect the hose to the thru hull fitting it went on much easier than I expected. Went into the garage and measured the hose which is clearly marked 1.5 inch inside diameter. I measured it and it is just over 1 5/8 inch inside diatmeter. I took that piece to west marine with some clamps and put it on the fitting I have in the boat and tightened the clamps. It does not close the hose. Now I have 2 options, 1) get a PVC barb fitting like on the manifold(which doesnt leak) or get some more 1 1/2 inch hose. I measured the hose at west marine and the inside diameter is just under 1.5 inch. Very tight on the fitting so bought 5 feet of the hose.

Now i have to undo the wiring, remove the floor( so i can get the manifold out to remove the old hose), remove the battery wall( so I have room to attach the new hose on the thru hull). Did not have time on Sunday to do this.

Needless to say i am not happy as I need to get the boat ready by 5/19 for our 1st trip.

Good thing is I am going to reroute one of the fill hoses for a cleaner look when everthing is out.

I will post some pictures tonight.
          Let it be!!!

Comment

XP, at least you found out about it before you took it out onto the water and found out that it didn't work.

Comment

Few more pics

Here is where I put the rear overflow check Valve. It is under the gunnel? where the rear hatch opens.
              Attached Files
              Let it be!!!

Comment

The drivers side rear compartment without the bag
                Attached Files
                Let it be!!!

Comment

And the port side with the bag attached. I am going to reroute the fill hose and tuck it under the gunnel like on the drivers side. You learn alot about the boat when you take things apart. The port side wall to separate the storage from the engine is not even close to fitting into the slots. Need to talk to Matt on that one. Also access to the batterys only have velcro on one side even though on the main separator there is velcro on each side.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by xpjim1; 05-08-2007, 01:25 AM.
                  Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
                    Also access to the batterys only have velvro on one side even though on the main separator there is velcro on each side.
                    I have an 05 24V as well and my battery door covers don't use velcro, they have a twist lock.

I will be interested to see this thing finished and might just have to copy you. Good luck, you're almost there.
                    "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                    "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Do you not have a vent line?

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                        Do you not have a vent line?
                        Yes , it is actually just outside of the picture. It drops out of the gunnel just like the fill line. Would be on the lower left
                        Let it be!!!

Comment

So went to Havasu Friday and finished the ballast system. The new 1 1/2 inch inside diameter hose was a pain to get over the fitting as you have no leverage to push. After about 6 hours of working on the boat, there are no leaks from the thru hull thru the mainfold. Did not get to take it on the water as I needed to get home to see my daughter for her last prom. Next week will have pics as it is our official 1st ride of the season.
                          Let it be!!!

Comment

anymore pics around the manifold and intake

Comment

Actually no more pics in either area. Boat is put back together. What would you like to see. I might be able to shoot a few more on the inside of the thruhull as I want to put sealant in the old bilge pump screw holes. I will see what i can do this weekend. Also should have pictures of the hopefully new and approved surf wake.
                              Let it be!!!

Comment

Heading to lake tomorrow afternoon after my son's Junior College graduation. Will be on lake Sunday and monday to try the system out. Pics should be coming on tuesday.
                                Let it be!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X