No announcement yet.

DIY Ballast Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see someone who has a system for some time re-post. Why are you going to change the bow sack? If there was something you would change in the setup what would that be? I am sure that you ha\ve looked at some of the threads going. Is there any recommendations and comments you can offer up?

I am ready to start ordering parts and then it will be time to drill those holes.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

The reason I am thinking on 2 sacs in the bow is due to draining. The bow sac always has lots of water left. I also want to see the effect of weighting only one side. I would also change the drain pumps to the t800's. Less adapters to use. I am pretty happy with the system overalll
      Let it be!!!

Comment

We have the exact hose and while winterizing this year I noticed multiple points of failure and can only there are multiple leaks on the long runs of hose to the front bow sacs. I will be pulling all the hose out this spring and will look at alternatives. Has anyone ever used hydraulic hose?

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
          We have the exact hose and while winterizing this year I noticed multiple points of failure and can only there are multiple leaks on the long runs of hose to the front bow sacs. I will be pulling all the hose out this spring and will look at alternatives. Has anyone ever used hydraulic hose?
          Would you be willing to send me some pics of the hose failure? ive seen this hose burst due to what looked like water left in it over winter.

Thanks,
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chp, I should clarify this isn't hose that you sold, don't know if u sell it or not. This was put in when the boat was new, 2006. I have blown out the ballast system every year so don't know why it failed. I will take pics when it is removed. The boat is 2 hours away, gonna bring it home in march and start working on the ballast, some stereo issues, deep cleaning etc...

Comment

Chp, I should clarify this isn't hose that you sold, don't know if u sell it or not. This was put in when the boat was new, 2006. I have blown out the ballast system every year so don't know why it failed. I will take pics when it is removed. The boat is 2 hours away, gonna bring it home in march and start working on the ballast, some stereo issues, deep cleaning etc...
              No worries, thanks. Just curious what type of hose it was and what the failure point looked like. Could be a hose or application issue that we can all learn from.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
                I would also change the drain pumps to the t800's. Less adapters to use.
                Attwood now sells a 1200 with 1" NPT inlet so no need for multiple adapters if you use 1" hose just a 1" female pipe thread to a 1" barb fitting.

Comment

Got them today here is a picture of the 1200 with 1"NPT inlet makes it alot easier than the 1 1/8" NST inlet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The 1 1/8 was not a problem with the fill pumps. My manifold was simple. The drain pump just got a little long with the extra adapter. I learned to live with it but the 1 inch will definately make it simpler
                    Let it be!!!

Comment

Just wondering about the outlet port. Does the nut on that adapter spin or is it conectedto the fitting? Spinning would be the best to facilitate the angle placement of that elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakeman22 View Post
                        Just wondering about the outlet port. Does the nut on that adapter spin or is it conectedto the fitting? Spinning would be the best to facilitate the angle placement of that elbow.
                        The threaded x barbed fitting on the outlet of the T1200 seals with a rubber washer much like a garden hose. Once the fitting is tight, that's pretty much the angle your outlet will be pointing.

The fitting on the Rule pump is an O ring seal which allows the barbed portion of the fitting to rotate to the necessary angle.

Comment

Bad05, who has my boat now had the same thing happen. I used the same corrugated hose in Jim's thread here. And in fact, he says that he took the boat out in the spring, and had no major leaks, but then he took it out again in early summer and the water was all over. He insists it could not have been a freezing issue. Also the breaks were mostly at tight corners, but not necessarily the low point in the hose where water would collect.

So I am beginning to think that the other ballast hose is superior in durability, but inferior in flexibility.
                          Last edited by talltigeguy; 01-24-2012, 03:31 AM.
                          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by adamsjstt View Post
                            Got them today here is a picture of the 1200 with 1"NPT inlet makes it alot easier than the 1 1/8" NST inlet.
                            I finally received my order of these as well. First thing I noticed was that the barbed outlet is now 1", down from the 1.125". This will make it easier to fit the hose over. The outlet threads are still the 1.125".

As soon as I get time, I hope to flow test this pump and see what effect the reduced 1" inlet has on the flow as compared to the 1.125" inlet on the other T1200.

Comment

I would be interested in a flow test. I know I already have the new style. Thanks Mike. But for shts and grins it would be nice to have that compairison.

Was there not someone who tested the flow of the rule vs the tsunami and even with the reduced size of the rule's 3/4" fitting, did it not flow more GPM?

Comment

Originally posted by Wakeman22 View Post
                                I would be interested in a flow test. I know I already have the new style. Thanks Mike. But for shts and grins it would be nice to have that compairison.

Was there not someone who tested the flow of the rule vs the tsunami and even with the reduced size of the rule's 3/4" fitting, did it not flow more GPM?
                                yeah, that would be me.

Comment

Working...
                                X