SpeedSet dropping out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iwndr View Post
    I think I would get a bit disheartened if a dealer compared my Tige to a Cell Phone also...... Hope you have better luck with your new dealer EMGE and stick around
    I asked this before and didn't get a response: Is it possible to integrate a GPS into the speed control on a Tige? Maybe you could just retrofit your own solution if the factory can't resolve it.

Anyone know? Can a GPS be integrated?

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
      I asked this before and didn't get a response: Is it possible to integrate a GPS into the speed control on a Tige? Maybe you could just retrofit your own solution if the factory can't resolve it.

Anyone know? Can a GPS be integrated?
      Did it last year and it worked great. Contact Cary to see if it will work for your application.

http://www.nauticlaugic.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by thtrog View Post
        Did it last year and it worked great. Contact Cary to see if it will work for your application.[/url]
        I don't see Tige listed there, but if I have trouble with my 2009 and Tige can't fix it this will be one of the first calls I make. Thanks!

Comment

I have the latest software loaded in my boat, just waiting for good weather to test it out.

Tige needs to stay on top of this.. We all do until its fixed.
          Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Ks View Post
            I have the latest software loaded in my boat, just waiting for good weather to test it out.

Tige needs to stay on top of this.. We all do until its fixed.
            I would not be surprised if the latest fix is as good as it gets. The reality of the situation is the medallion controller, hardware, and software interface dates back to 2009 with models after that time running a different system.

Comment

Does "Medallion" refer to the pre-TigeTouch system?

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                Does "Medallion" refer to the pre-TigeTouch system?
                Medallion is the brand of the instrument cluster controller. It is probably the same brand on the new Touch systems but perhaps a different model controller.

http://www.medallionis.com/

Edit ... it is the brand of controller on the Touch system per the Medallion website.

Comment

Medallion is the manufacturer of the dash systems used in many boats today. Pretty much why the reason most boats have their own version of Mali-view or Tige Touch.
                  Common Sense is not so Common
                  Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

OK, thanks for the clarification. If Tige stops supporting earlier versions, perhaps we can still get support from Medallion directly... if not actual solutions, at least the documentation necessary to do our own research and revisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X