No announcement yet.

SpeedSet dropping out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had my new computer ( and new software update) in the water twice now...

My dealer swapped out the complete computer and had the head Tige engineer (Justin) flash it to make sure it was done right.

The 1st day was pretty promising, we used it about 40 times and it never once did it not catch but it did drop out once, meaning while surfing the computer screen returns back to the main screen. This does not affect the speed but does require a reset before the next pull. Overall not perfect but not dangerous anymore like when it does not catch.

The 2nd day (yesterday) we used it again for around 40 pulls and again it dropped out once while in motion. But, this time it also did not catch twice causing the boat to speed past the set point again this is a very dangerous thing if you do not have a experienced driver.

The latest flash seems to help with both problems but does not solve them

I hope TIge stays on this and works with all the owners as it really needs to be fixed to make the boat 100% safe in my opinion.
    Tige owner since 2006

Comment

I have about 50 hours on my boat and I've had to reset it a few times and had it not catch twice as stated above. Luckily I was surfing and when it got too fast I let go of the rope. When I get my boat in for winterization I'll check to make sure I have the latest flash but I think I have the latest one. Are any 2010 owners having this problem?
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
        I have about 50 hours on my boat and I've had to reset it a few times and had it not catch twice as stated above. Luckily I was surfing and when it got too fast I let go of the rope.
        My new 24Ve wasn't "catching" every time during the two days we had it in the water before winterization, but I presumed it was lack of experience on our part. Now I'm not so sure. We'll pay close attention next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
          I have about 50 hours on my boat and I've had to reset it a few times and had it not catch twice as stated above. Luckily I was surfing and when it got too fast I let go of the rope. When I get my boat in for winterization I'll check to make sure I have the latest flash but I think I have the latest one. Are any 2010 owners having this problem?
          As far as I know it was 2008 and 2009 boats.. have not heard or seen it in 2010 boats. depending on the computer/flash you have, you could see this issue a lot.. like three out of ten times.. ( I did with my 09 boat on the 1st computer)

I have talked to Tige customer service about this and they claim they have never had this complaint or issue from a customer or dealer.. yet everyone with a 09 boat that has read this thread and posted has complained here about the issue... Tige reads this thread.. so draw your own conclusion. I have an excellent dealer and I am fortunite to have him stay on top of this problem for me and his other customers.

To me surfing is the most dangerous because the rider is expecting to be pulled @ 10-12 mph not 22 mph.. not to mention with the boat leaning it is not safe to be going that speed.....BE CARFUL!
          Tige owner since 2006

Comment

The importer of Tige into Australia called me last week to tell me some good news. Since my original post he has been onto this every week to find a solution. During this time he has been to Tige and picked up a new mini box that Justin programmed personally and installed it into my boat. Much better but not 100%. he tells me that medallion have now found the glitch in the software causing the speed set to hang and screen to shut down, now that they have seen this first hand they can address it and have it fixed for good. I haven't heard back from him with the fix yet, but it sounds like we are getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by EMGE View Post
              The importer of Tige into Australia called me last week to tell me some good news. Since my original post he has been onto this every week to find a solution. During this time he has been to Tige and picked up a new mini box that Justin programmed personally and installed it into my boat. Much better but not 100%. he tells me that medallion have now found the glitch in the software causing the speed set to hang and screen to shut down, now that they have seen this first hand they can address it and have it fixed for good. I haven't heard back from him with the fix yet, but it sounds like we are getting there.
              Excellent news! Looking forward to further updates. Perhaps we all will have a new flash ready come Spring.

Comment

Awesome!
                Tige owner since 2006

Comment

I have a 2009 24Ve and (believe I) have experienced this, even in the first two days of operation. I am watching this thread with GREAT interest and hope that Spring 2011 will reveal a firmware update that resolves it.

Thanks for pursuing this, and keeping us informed!

Comment

Well I think the problem is solved. The importer told me that medallion had replicated the problem and delivered a new box to him for my boat. Plugged it in on the weekend, put 12 hours on the boat, sufing, boarding and skiing. Didn't miss a beat. No shut downs, speed set engaged every time in both memory mode and manual mode. Maybe my wife will let me keep the boat now and not buy a malibu. Happy days.

Comment

Any US users obtain a similar fix or info?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                        Any US users obtain a similar fix or info?
                        I have been watching this thread with intense interest. As soon as my boat is out of storage and its automated ballast system installed, I'll be running extensive tests on the SpeedSet system. If I see these problems, I'll contact Tige and report back here.

Comment

My dealer just let me know Tige is shipping out the part with new software pre-installed.

Hope this is THE fix

Comment

Sorry to report, but after 15 hours my screen shut down again. It's only happened once but still frustrating all the same. I reported it to the importer but haven't heard back as yet. Good news is that the speed set hasn't missed a beat. Catches every time accept now when I use it in manual mode, drive up to the speed and press set, I need to back off slightly for it to engage, no big deal though.

Comment

Ok. Problem solved. The importer/dealer told me that because the problem doesn't occur as regularly as it used to that they deem the problem solved. After all in his words, he has a mobile phone that shuts down too. I decided not to put up with it and his s¥+*t service and excuses and traded it for a Malibu.
                              Sorry Tige, I tried for 2 1/2 years to get my boat right, but these guys have got a long long way to go with their people skills to keep customers happy.

Comment

Ok. Problem solved. The importer/dealer told me that because the problem doesn't occur as regularly as it used to that they deem the problem solved. After all in his words, he has a mobile phone that shuts down too. I decided not to put up with it and his s¥+*t service and excuses and traded it for a Malibu.
                                Sorry Tige, I tried for 2 1/2 years to get my boat right, but these guys have got a long long way to go with their people skills to keep customers happy.
                                I think I would get a bit disheartened if a dealer compared my Tige to a Cell Phone also...... Hope you have better luck with your new dealer EMGE and stick around
                                "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Working...
                                X