SpeedSet dropping out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
    Well, I've had mine for about 11 months, and so far the lazy method hasn't been effective. So, I'm thinking that some type of reading/research may be in order.
    You mean condensed reading/research in this TO thread by someone who figured it out?

Or the actual manual?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
      You mean condensed reading/research in this TO thread by someone who figured it out?

Or the actual manual?
      Unfortunately, I mean the manual.

The pointers given in this thread are great for adjusting while operating. But, so far, I still don't know how to set the individual presets. Not really looking forward to trying to decipher the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Ks View Post
        You can change the speed while in cruise mode and underway:

Here is what you do:

Before you hit the "up" and "down" buttons you must hit the middle button 1st, that will bring the cursor to the set speed, then use the "up" or "down" buttons to adjust speed and then hit the "middle button" again and the boat will adjust to the new set speed..

Hope that helps.
        KS - Thanks!

I'll give that a try the next time we are out.

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
          Unfortunately, I mean the manual.

The pointers given in this thread are great for adjusting while operating. But, so far, I still don't know how to set the individual presets. Not really looking forward to trying to decipher the manual.
          I'm with dingleberry on this one. I guess I'll have to break out the manual...unless anyone will tell us how its done and spare us the agony

Comment

I never new there were pre-set's on speedset. Is this on all year's speedset's?
            I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Originally posted by rushin View Post
              I never new there were pre-set's on speedset. Is this on all year's speedset's?
              I think it's only the newer ones. Not sure if it was a feature before the 09's.

Comment

Yes, the presets are only for the 2009 models so far.

Comment

Yes, the presets are only for the 2009 models so far.
                  DAMMITT.................man
                  I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

I seem to have random issues. Yesterday we were set at 12 went to wide open throttle and it reset to 20. I have also had it reset it self to 50 and to 0.

Comment

The memory preset's will remember the last speed you set that profile to..

So... to change the presets go into the speedset mode ( cruise one) Select the memory you want to edit:

Hit the midle button to choose it.. now your in memory #.... (whatever you chose)

Hit the enter button again. it will put the cursor up to the speed, adjust the speed to what you want it to be and then hit enter again.. that speed will be saved until you change it.

simply scroll through all the memory and do th same thing until they are set to your liking.

I pretty much just surf.

So mine are set as:

#1) 9.6
                      #2) 10.2
                      #3 10.6
                      #4) 11.2
                      #5) 11.6

That way we can go faster or slower on the fly depending on what we are doing with taps and weight.

Have you guys explored the other options? Like the depth gauge that draws the bottom of the lake in shallow water? lots of cool stuff!
                      Tige owner since 2006

Comment

A few issues over the weekend.

Consistently failed to catch if approaching wakeboard target speed slowly. This was an issue with trying to perfect so called "pro starts" (rider is upright in water with board under them, so pull makes them rise straight up and out, then accelerate to not bury the nose when straightening the board). I found that you can do a slow start just past idle but then need to jam it down (vs slow start followed by smooth throttle down to target, which rarely catches).

Dropped out once while wakesurfing. Using a modified tip from above (thanks Ks), I turned Speedset off at the toggle switch and back on, then hit enter so it picked up the current speed. Seemed to work like a charm. Of course, it would be better if there was no drop in the first place.

Comment

Got mine back from the dealer, the processor was changed out. I took it to the lake and put it through a series of test. all worked well.
                          1. Idle, set speed for 20mph, full throttle, locked into cruise at 20mph, 1st try no problem
                          2. Idle, set speed for 20 mph, intial full throttle, backed off as speed climbed into low teens, held at mid teens then creeped up slowly, again locked in no problem
                          3. idle, speedset off, took it up to mid 20's, turned on cruise, hit middle speedset button, locked into current speed, and speedset locked in pretty easy

no blackout screens, etc.
                          Later in the day, I had 2-4 occasions of overthotttling when either creeping up to the speedset or going full throttle trying to pull up a slalom skier.

Will take out to the lake again this afternoon.

Maybe this is the best it gets, with intermittent overthrottling by the speedset and inability to lock in to cruise. I have looked at the manual and followed the directions. Will give update on today's trip.

Comment

^^^
                            By overthrottle, do you mean it went a few mph over and then crept back down. Or it just shoots past target and keeps going.

Was the processor change out (i) in case of a faulty processor or (ii) to update to a newer version processor.

Thanks!

Comment

overthrottle- just shoots past and keeps on going
                              The dealer replaces the processor completely.
                              Took the boat out today. Had 2 episodes of screen freeze up, which required the engine and cruise control to be turned off. Also had a few more episodes of overthrottle when approaching the set cruise speed slowly and a couple of episodes when going straight from idle to full throttle. I did notice that if you did the latter, and the rpm did not start to slow down about 2mph below the set cruise speed, it was going to shoot past the set speed. I sent an e-mail to the dealer regarding the above and am waiting to hear back. Maybe this is the norm for the speedset feature? If it is then it does not make sense to keep changing the processor out. Is there anybody out there that has speedset that works everytime no matter who is driving?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kerlee View Post
                                ...Is there anybody out there that has speedset that works everytime no matter who is driving?
                                I haven't had a single issue (yet!) of shooting past the set speed, losing the set speed, or freezing up (that I can remember). I have had a couple issues that were tracked back to a faulty operator. However, I doubt that I have used the speedset as much as many of you.

Great - I have virtually guaranteed now that I will have major problems next time out.

Comment

Working...
                                X