SpeedSet dropping out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ks View Post
    WOW- Doesn't that bother you Duncan? I mean if these were our day to day vehicles wouldent you be demanding the dealership to fix the fuel gauge? I know I would, now that mine has stopped working ( the boat is 11 monts old!) I am ready to give Tige a piece of my mind.. These are not cheap investments, I expect my boat to be able to tell me aprox how much fuel I have left.. Is that asking to much? ( not directed at you but more Tige)
    I actually think the stuck fuel gauge is a product of the fuel sending unit in the tank always getting stuck from being leaned over with the rub rail in the water while surfing. At least I keep telling myself that.

It does bother me a bit but I trust my dealer (State-a-Mind, woot!) and they have tried to fix it. Btw, the dealer has never suggested it is because of the surf lean, that is just my idea.

Ironically, our Nissan Armada has fuel sending unit issues and is getting fixed. But that is different--most people acknowledge that a boat fuel meter is almost worthless even when it is "working".

My solution was to get something I can trust -- a fuel flow meter.

Comment

Hi Duncan,

My dealer is awesome as well but I get the feeling he is hitting his head against the wall with Tige on this issue.. There is at least 4 boats here that I have heard about having the issue from owners.

This has to be fixed...

My fuel gauge worked very well for the 1st 94 hours, then the problems started Black screen and fuel gauge not working.. Why? that is my question...

I understand we all enjoy our boats from weekend to weekend, but our boats are under warranty right now and Tige is not doing a thing to help us... I do not want history to repeat itself like in 06.. Where there was a similar issue and Tige simply stalled on a fix until the boats were off of warranty.

My dealer is top notch and I am sure he will install the Fuel meter for me, but he should not have to try to put a bandade on Tige's problem.

Like I said keep this thread on top for a while and force them to read it. Our dealers have all tried for us, now it is our turn..
      Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Guys:

If you can please post pics of your fuel gauge stuck at 98% and your blacked out screens.

Next time mine does it I will take a pic and post..

Like they say a picture is worth a 1000 words
        Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Update:

Hi Guys, just wanted to give you an encouraging update.

I contacted to Harvey ( nice guy) @ Tige, he is in charge of customer service and warranty.

I spoke to him in great detail about the issues and concerns we are all having with 09 electronics.

1st things 1st, make sure you have Version 2.0 firmware on your boat. ( I did) but that is the latest.

Long story short, Tige is sending a new updated screen, new Fuel sending unit and a new ECM computer. Basically swapping out everything that controls the speedset, screen and fuel monitoring.

Harvey also has now spent time explaining our issues to engineering and they are now aware and looking into fixes and updates.

I am very happy and satisfied with Harvey's response to the issue and I will keep you posted how the new parts work.

Fingers crossed.
          Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Ks View Post
            Update:

Hi Guys, just wanted to give you an encouraging update.

I contacted to Harvey ( nice guy) @ Tige, he is in charge of customer service and warranty.

I spoke to him in great detail about the issues and concerns we are all having with 09 electronics.

1st things 1st, make sure you have Version 2.0 firmware on your boat. ( I did) but that is the latest.

Long story short, Tige is sending a new updated screen, new Fuel sending unit and a new ECM computer. Basically swapping out everything that controls the speedset, screen and fuel monitoring.

Harvey also has now spent time explaining our issues to engineering and they are now aware and looking into fixes and updates.

I am very happy and satisfied with Harvey's response to the issue and I will keep you posted how the new parts work.

Fingers crossed.
            I too have spoke with Harvey and he is a great guy. He told me the same thing and said they will get this fixed. Good News. He seems to really care and wants to get this right. I have to check my version firmware and get back to him.

Comment

BTW, it is no just the 09's. I have had a few issues with my 08.

Comment

My 08 drops out about once an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by rmason256 View Post
                  I too have spoke with Harvey and he is a great guy. He told me the same thing and said they will get this fixed. Good News. He seems to really care and wants to get this right. I have to check my version firmware and get back to him.
                  What is interesting about that is that he told me, (Wed) That mine in the 1st he has heard of the problem...Not sure when you talked to him but I think we need to keep presure on them in order to get a real fix..

Magestic- Call him and tell him your issues, Get open comunication going between the dealer and Harvey.

Tige has to fix this...
                  Tige owner since 2006

Comment

I took mine for winterization and they updated the firmware at that time. Since then it has been pretty good compared to before. Like others have described we used to have the screen go blank and be frozen with the only way to reset would be to restart the boat. Since the update that issue had not recurred. As far as overthrottling, that happens occasionally depending on who is driving. If the driver is experienced then they can usually lock in pretty easily but if the driver is a novice and they hesitate when accelerating, then the chance of overthrottling goes way up. I have found that once the rider gets out of the water, go ahead and keep on accelerating, when you are about 3-4 mph below your target speed, back off every so slightly, then go ahead and push the throttle all the way down in one smooth movement.

Comment

Kerlee,

Sounds like you wake board...we only surf It's pretty hard to shoot for 6mph, and then dial into 11 like you suggest ESP when someone else is driving the boat.

I'm glad yours is working so far but I can not stand mine..... and want it fixed.

Anyways we all have the latest firmware and the problem is real, has your screen blacked out yet? If not it will... I have a 110 hours on my boat, the last 25 hours have been the worst for these elec problems

Tige is sending new parts for my boat.... I will keep you posted
                      Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Please do keep us posted. Mine has 88 hours on it. No black screen yet, but the speedset still drops out every hour or so. You're right, it sucks when surfing.... Sounds like I might need to call Harvey.

Comment

I have 150 hours on our 09 RZ2 and still get Speed Set drop outs, frozen screens, and blank screens.

The dealer (State-a-Mind, woot!) let me know the current flash software is version 2.0.8. I had 2.0 I think. I am eager to see if this helps.

Comment

I have all the problems in this thread in my 09 22VE. My dealer, who is the importer to Australia, so I am dealing with the top guy has had the firmware updated now 6 times. He tells me they have replaced the computer that controls the system and just recently replaced the screen. Nothing has worked. When I complained again, I was told that no one else has had this problem. This thread confirms he either doesn't know or he isn't completely truthful. I got onto the mechanic that does the work on my boat and expressed concern, only to be emailed a wiring diagram. Hopefully you guys can get to the bottom of this so I can prove to our importer who seems interested only in the next sale or social event, that there is a solution to this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                              I have 150 hours on our 09 RZ2 and still get Speed Set drop outs, frozen screens, and blank screens.

The dealer (State-a-Mind, woot!) let me know the current flash software is version 2.0.8. I had 2.0 I think. I am eager to see if this helps.
                              I just talked to Stateamind about mine. They said they had one another one to flash, I guess it was yours. I'm gonna take mine up there this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by EMGE View Post
                                I have all the problems in this thread in my 09 22VE. My dealer, who is the importer to Australia, so I am dealing with the top guy has had the firmware updated now 6 times. He tells me they have replaced the computer that controls the system and just recently replaced the screen. Nothing has worked. When I complained again, I was told that no one else has had this problem. This thread confirms he either doesn't know or he isn't completely truthful. I got onto the mechanic that does the work on my boat and expressed concern, only to be emailed a wiring diagram. Hopefully you guys can get to the bottom of this so I can prove to our importer who seems interested only in the next sale or social event, that there is a solution to this problem.
                                I'm sorry to hear your troubles, Tige knows about this on going problem. Take pictures and stay active on this thread. The problem is one thing how they handle fixing it will determine what brand of boat I buy next.... And so far I have bought a new tige every year for the past 3 years! ( a VE and two RZ2s)

They need to know the 09 owners aren't going to settle for this!
                                Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X