SpeedSet dropping out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an update, reviving this issue.
    My boat is still having the same problems even though the speedset has been changed out. "overthrottling" defined as the speedset not locking in at desired speed and the boat accelerating past desired speed. And the freezing up of the screen. I now have 80 hours on my boat and plan to have these recurring issues addressed at the winterization visit to the dealer. I am going to take pics of the screen to show the frozen display, which requires a complete shutdown of the engine to reset it. To all those that have been having the same problems, it would be good to get an update from yall so that maybe TIGE can address this nuisance problem.

Comment

Originally posted by kerlee View Post
      Just an update, reviving this issue.
      My boat is still having the same problems even though the speedset has been changed out. "overthrottling" defined as the speedset not locking in at desired speed and the boat accelerating past desired speed. And the freezing up of the screen. I now have 80 hours on my boat and plan to have these recurring issues addressed at the winterization visit to the dealer. I am going to take pics of the screen to show the frozen display, which requires a complete shutdown of the engine to reset it. To all those that have been having the same problems, it would be good to get an update from yall so that maybe TIGE can address this nuisance problem.
      Same here. I have the updated processor in our 09 RZ2 (over 90 hours) but that did not address overthrottle and drop out. I have had the freeze issue but not very often.

With Tige having moved on to a new system for 2010, I wonder what the chances are to get these software bugs ironed out?

Comment

We are still having the same problems also. We "overthrottled" at least four different times the last time out. SpeedSet would be engaged and holding at a particular speed. Without notice, it disengaged and the display is showing the "Main" screen. Our dealer told us that we are on the latest firmware available.

We have had the screen freeze and not be able to recover, even after shutting off the engine.

Be careful to not bury the throttle far past the speed that you are trying to manage. Otherwise, it can quickly climb to 10+MPH over what was intended. This has the potential to be very, very dangerous.

Comment

Ditto here with all said above. Mine wasn't as problematic as some of yours until Labor Day weekend. I'll see what they can do at my winterization visit. I agree that with the new tige touch system out, we may get pushed to the side a bit....less need to upgrade our system. I can live with it for now as mine works 95% of the time. As murphy would have it, it messes up when I have one of my younger, more timid kids trying to learn to surf...at 20mph instead of 10.5 because of the "over shoot".

Comment

I have a feeling the overshoot is in the throttle by wire adjustment.

It's not limited to Tige's speedset, or PCM either.

We're having the exact same issue w/ Perfect Pass and an Indmar on a buddies new Supra. So totally different brands yet identical problems... INCLUDING the freezing of the screen.
            Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
              I have a feeling the overshoot is in the throttle by wire adjustment.

It's not limited to Tige's speedset, or PCM either.

We're having the exact same issue w/ Perfect Pass and an Indmar on a buddies new Supra. So totally different brands yet identical problems... INCLUDING the freezing of the screen.
              That's makes me feel better and worse...misery does love company

Comment

Originally posted by Ks View Post
                I hope Tige reads this thread.

I have the same problem and I do have the latest firmwear ( as of 2 week ago) the problem is still there and needs to be fixed by Tige ASAP.

I know my dealer has been very vocal for me to Tige but they are not listening.....

It is not just 09 boats, I had it on my 08 as well.....

Fix it!! It is my only complaint!

Here is what I do:

Make sure you see the "more throttle" in the message screen.before you pull, If it is not displaying that..speedset will not catch... To fix this with the boat still on and the Speedset engaged.. hit the middle button to adjust the speed up or down by one click and then return to your set speed and then hit enter again... it will then display the "more throttle" and your good to go.

It has been 6 months since I posted this, TIge has given my dealer nothing to fix this issue and potential safety issue.. Has anyone gotten a solution for their dealer on the problem?

Tige owner since 2006

Comment

It has been 6 months since I posted this, TIge has given my dealer nothing to fix this issue and potential safety issue.. Has anyone gotten a solution for their dealer on the problem?

When I took my boat to my dealer for winterization and a few warranty items, I had them address this issue. He updated mine with the new firmware (or something like that...I'd have to pull the ticket); however, I obviously haven't had it out since to see if it fixed it or not. Also, that is the first update mine has had, so it may very well be the same one you already have.

Comment

Another updated processor flash over the winter has not resolved SpeedSet issues on our 2009 RZ2. The set will occasionally (about once an hour?) overshoot the set speed requiring it to be reset.

New this season -- the screen "blanks" out. Engine has to be turned off and back on to reset the screen. This has only happened when SpeedSet is engaged.

Anyone else having continued drop out problems? Anyone had a successful fix?

Comment

Mine does the same thing!.. Totally frustrating~

I feel like all of us 09 owners are being forgotten by Tige!

Keep this thread on the top for a while...

Like I said, it is MY ONLY COMPLAINT about my boat and it is one that has me baffled why Tige wont fix it.
                      Tige owner since 2006

Comment

I've only had the boat out one weekend this year (darn baseball...). My speedset still drops out about once an hour as well. I have to turn it off, turn it back on and re-set the speed. Shouldn't be like this. My screen hasn't blanked out...hope it doesn't happen...keep you posted.

Comment

Mine does everything that everyone else has explained. I have 80 hours on mine and it acts up everytime I take it out. Very frustrating. My dealer keeps telling me they are waiting to hear from Tige. This needs to be fixed. Other than that love the boat.

Comment

I hate Murphy's Law.

Last two times I have been out, My screen has just blacked out... It has not done it during speed set use, just under normal operation. But this is very frustrating, because the only way I seem to be able to reset it is to turn off the boat and then re start.

Also.......My fuel gauge is now not working, the display always reads 98% no matter what fuel level I have, not sure if it is related to the above but it seems to have started about the same time.

I am becoming a frustrated owner!
                            Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Also.......My fuel gauge is now not working, the display always reads 98% no matter what fuel level I have, not sure if it is related to the above but it seems to have started about the same time.
                              My fuel gauge has never worked. Over the winter, I had the dealer replace the sending unit but that did not work. Still reads 98%.

Last season I put in a fuel flow meter, which I love. It is usually +/- 1 gallon from actual use. Highly recommended.

Comment

WOW- Doesn't that bother you Duncan? I mean if these were our day to day vehicles wouldent you be demanding the dealership to fix the fuel gauge? I know I would, now that mine has stopped working ( the boat is 11 monts old!) I am ready to give Tige a piece of my mind.. These are not cheap investments, I expect my boat to be able to tell me aprox how much fuel I have left.. Is that asking to much? ( not directed at you but more Tige)

I am on my 3rd Tige in 3 years, I never thought I would say this but I really becoming frustrated with the lack of service we are all getting from Tige.
                                Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X