SpeedSet dropping out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ks View Post
    I'm sorry to hear your troubles, Tige knows about this on going problem. Take pictures and stay active on this thread. The problem is one thing how they handle fixing it will determine what brand of boat I buy next.... And so far I have bought a new tige every year for the past 3 years! ( a VE and two RZ2s)

They need to know the 09 owners aren't going to settle for this!
    I told the importer today that I went to the forum with this problem. He tells me he has emailed Rick Correll vp/general manager of Tige and would keep me posted. Any info I get, I will pass onto the thread. Safety in numbers sometimes, but still a shame it has to come to this.

I am with you, the Tige out performs the other boats I have owned and tried, but getting things sorted quickly is worth more to me so I can spend my free time with my family and friends.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear your troubles, Tige knows about this on going problem. Take pictures and stay active on this thread. The problem is one thing how they handle fixing it will determine what brand of boat I buy next.... And so far I have bought a new tige every year for the past 3 years! ( a VE and two RZ2s)

They need to know the 09 owners aren't going to settle for this!
      KS,

It is not just the 09 owners. I have had the speed set drop out when I was surfing and I asked the driver to adjust the speed up a couple of clicks and the boat took off. I have also had it drop out when pulling a rider up and it was quite a ride when your holding a rope and not expecting the boat to keep gaining speed.

This is a safety issue!

Comment

The 2.0.8 flash is going on our 09 RZ2 now. I will post up after next weekend re any difference it makes.

I note that in this thread and in other places, people have noted this drop out is not just a Speed Set phenomena and is observed in other systems, such as Perfect Pass. The cruise control drop out might be a general reflection of the difficulties in controlling a modern engine and not a Tige-specific problem.

Screen lockups and blanks are a different story. These issues seem firmly rooted in local software.

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
          KS,

It is not just the 09 owners. I have had the speed set drop out when I was surfing and I asked the driver to adjust the speed up a couple of clicks and the boat took off. I have also had it drop out when pulling a rider up and it was quite a ride when your holding a rope and not expecting the boat to keep gaining speed.

This is a safety issue!
          I hear ya.... My 2007 VE was perfect I never had single drop out. Then with my 2008 RZ2 I had the drop out maybe 1 time out of 30 pulls... I spoke to my dealer then and let him know my thoughts.... And concerns... That was part of my decision to go to PCM power in the 2009 RZ2 expecting the problem to be solved.... LoL
          Tige owner since 2006

Comment

This just happened to me tonight. I was surfing, wife was driving and when she tried to pick me up the speed set screen froze and wouldn't turn off. Turned off engine, let computer reboot and it worked fine for the rest of the evening set. I picked my boat up from the dealer a week ago today and it has the latest firmware version. Sounds like a confirmed problem, hopefully the find a fix soon, any simlar problems such as this with the tige touch screen?
            2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
            2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Duncan, did the flash fix your problem? I don't want to tow my boat 3hrs to Stateamind if the flash doesn't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post
                Duncan, did the flash fix your problem? I don't want to tow my boat 3hrs to Stateamind if the flash doesn't fix it.

The flash update was 2.0.H (note 2.0.8 as indicated above).

I was at Lake Kincaid, IL, for the weekend with a new flash on the dash and a new PCM engine flash (to counter the engine alarms when surfing).

The very first wakeboard pull on Saturday with the new dash flash was a wild overshoot, and that was a throttle down pull (i.e., not the troublesome soft throttle pulls that usually trigger). After that, I could not get the Speed Set to catch for three or four pulls no matter what I tried (soft pull, hard pull, everything in between). Then all of a sudden it started working and the Speed Set would catch.

Unfortunately, this lasted only about an hour until my speedometer (both digital and analog) went out. I dove under with goggles and the wheel spun freely. The speedo stayed dead until about an hour before we left on Sunday, when it came back on--first, the digital speedo came back on, followed by the analog speedo about 5-10 minutes later.

I have no idea if the speedo failure is linked to the new flash or is some other electrical/mechanical issue. The boat is at the dealer now and I will provide an update as to what they say.

Comment

Keep us posted...and thanks for being the guinea pig for us...

Comment

Is 2.0.H new? I think that is what I have had in my boat for some time ( will check)

I have never seen a PCM engine alarm?? Can you describe the issue.

Tige is sending a new computer for my boat and Justin ( head engineer @ Tige) is personally flashing it... Not sure if it will have just a fresh flash or a beta flash.. but either way I will report back to my dealer and you guys as soon as the new stuff is in the boat.

QUOTE=Duncan;430685]The flash update was 2.0.H (note 2.0.8 as indicated above).

I was at Lake Kincaid, IL, for the weekend with a new flash on the dash and a new PCM engine flash (to counter the engine alarms when surfing).

The very first wakeboard pull on Saturday with the new dash flash was a wild overshoot, and that was a throttle down pull (i.e., not the troublesome soft throttle pulls that usually trigger). After that, I could not get the Speed Set to catch for three or four pulls no matter what I tried (soft pull, hard pull, everything in between). Then all of a sudden it started working and the Speed Set would catch.

Unfortunately, this lasted only about an hour until my speedometer (both digital and analog) went out. I dove under with goggles and the wheel spun freely. The speedo stayed dead until about an hour before we left on Sunday, when it came back on--first, the digital speedo came back on, followed by the analog speedo about 5-10 minutes later.

I have no idea if the speedo failure is linked to the new flash or is some other electrical/mechanical issue. The boat is at the dealer now and I will provide an update as to what they say.[/QUOTE]
                    Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Next time I'm out I'll take a picture of it...assuming it happens. The screen changes to a "Warning Service Engine" message.

Comment

How do you check your software version?

Comment

I'm not sure...I assume the dealer does it???

Comment

Just checked my boat and 2.0H is what I have, this is NOT a new flash.. It might be the latest but it is not new, every 09 should have this loaded as it came out Aug of 09, Or at least that is when my dealer installed it on my boat.

How to check:

Turn key on but do not start boat. Hit the middle SS button then toggle through the "up" and "down" buttons until you see 'Set up" hit the middle button and then scroll down to "About system" hit the middle button once more and the flash ID with show up on the screen with a "OK"
                            Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Just checked my boat and 2.0H is what I have, this is NOT a new flash.. It might be the latest but it is not new, every 09 should have this loaded as it came out Aug of 09, Or at least that is when my dealer installed it on my boat.

How to check:

Turn key on but do not start boat. Hit the middle SS button then toggle through the "up" and "down" buttons until you see 'Set up" hit the middle button and then scroll down to "About system" hit the middle button once more and the flash ID with show up on the screen with a "OK"
                              Thanks...I'll check mine out next time on the boat. My dealer installed the latest flash over the winter...so I assume that's what I have...

Comment

Has anyone got any closer to having this resolved?

I am still waiting on information back from my dealer. He says medallion have a unit in testing at the moment and couldnt find a fault when they bench tested and now need to install it into a boat to see for themselves.

Any other info anyone has would be good to hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X