No announcement yet.

Alberta Tigé Events - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be leaving Calgary around 5 or so. Looking forward to it! Hope the weather cooperates.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_Power View Post
      I'll be leaving Calgary around 5 or so. Looking forward to it! Hope the weather cooperates.
      Mike, haven't seen you yet, hope everything is okay.

Comment

Hey everyone, it was a little wet this morning but we are still having fun. Guys surfed til dark last night. It's looking like the rain will taper off this afternoon. 6 Tiges in the water so far! Tomorrow should be a sunny day for those of you scared off from the weather today.

Comment

My family is fighting me. It's not great in Lethbridge so they don't want to go to the lake. So we most likely won't be there. ������

Comment

Well, despite the weather not cooperating on Saturday, we still had a pretty good weekend. It was great to get together for the BBQ on Saturday (the pot-luck meal is going to be a MUST going forward). Some of us got out Friday and Saturday evening for a surf and Sunday was absolutely beautiful. We ended up with 7 boats (plus the demo from SECA) on the water on Sunday. All in all, a success! HUGE thank you to Dan who was the centre piece of the BBQ with the smoked meat. It was great to meet you and hope to see much more of you!

I shot a few photos and have posted them here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/431810...h/42301603104/

Thank you again JohnnieMo for getting us organized, and to Jetter for the great t-shirts!

Comment

Is there a way for us to add our photos to your flikr page?

I still want to see that drone video

Comment

Here are some of my photos from the 3rd annual Tige Soak.

IMG_7915.jpg
                Harvard's beautiful new RZR.

IMG_7913.jpg
                Killer's killin' 36 foot bus.

IMG_7918.jpg
                What else do you do when it's raining? Hide in the closet and play Nintendo and scarf stolen candy.

IMG_7924.jpg
                Nice t-shirts!

IMG_7927.jpg
                Redneck tent for our awesome smoked meat supper.

IMG_7938.jpg
                Half of our crew.

IMG_7945.jpg
                Surfing at night (the only time it wasn't raining)

Comment

IMG_7959.jpg

IMG_7956.jpg

IMG_7963.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg

Now I don't know about you guys, but I think it is time to start talking about surf nights.

Comment

The drone footage will be coming soon - need to do a bit of work on it and my oldest had his high school graduation tonight.

As for the surf nights - I started a new event forum specifically for them - let me know when works and we can get it going!

Comment

How were the board and boat demos?

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                        How were the board and boat demos?
                        Good question. I don’t know. The dealer didn’t show up until Sunday and I didn’t talk to the guy or see what boards he had. I’m not sure if anyone else did.

All I know was that he brought a new R20.

Comment

And here is the drone footage (sorry for the delay). In all my messing around with it, I messed up the focus on the camera (so it is a bit out of focus).

https://youtu.be/bRoWHsHMerE

Comment

Thanks for posting. It looks like the exposure was set too far open as well. The auto settings must have gotten turned off. I also like how your return home almost took you into the tree . Oh well, practice makes perfect.

I was using a DJI P4Pro and a M-200 on Friday. They all (including your mavic) have an auto track mode which is pretty awesome. If you set it up it will track a target regardless which angle you are from it. Makes killer shots. You just draw a box around the target and then free fly or setup and auto orbit.

Comment

Yeah - rookie issue. I did a firmware update just before the weekend and they changed some of the control features. In my button mashing to get it in the air, I changed the camera focal point to macro (which screwed the focus and blew out the contrast on the shots). We will get it out again for a surf night and get some follow-me footage and interesting angles.

Comment

Working...
                              X