No announcement yet.

2017 Southern Alberta Surf Nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a crazy idea. I'll invite my wife to come Monday and that should stifle the debate. (assuming we allow girls!)

Side note, I was out last night and almost landed a 360 with the two fin setup on the Trident. I need to work on keeping the wave after the spin. Other side note - I tried the woody with a dual and triple fin setup. It was even better than before. Much more lively. Third side note - my underwater LEDs turn blue!!!!!!

Comment

Lol, what an epic thread.

I'm good to go Monday, or Tuesday, or Wednesday-Friday.

I do have a 1235, and a 1235 as a spare. I'll bring it for ya John and you can see how it works for your boat.

If you want to go later in the week John we can take my boat out, my bro in law could come with us as well so we can get3 or 4 guys.

Comment

Oh, and I have also been feeling not so great the next day. I don't think its the fumes, I'm just out of shape. Those back flops from 8 feet up don't help the situation either. I wonder how Jetters jaw is feeling?

Comment

Gents I have had a major change of plans. No longer going to Montana. It looks like Wed will be nicest day. Does that work for you guys?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
          2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
          360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

I'll let you know tomorrow. I need to fetch the family from Sheerness some day next week.

I'm at Sheerness now. Water is mostly 75 but near the power plant outlet it is in the 90s. Its unreal.

Comment

So I'm a likely for Weds but solid any other night.

Comment

Sheerness. Even hit 94 for a bit. The crazy part is the hottest water is at the bottom of the channel. You dive down and it's like a hot tub.

Comment

Did you guys make it out this week? I can host next week if there is any interest?

Comment

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
                    Did you guys make it out this week? I can host next week if there is any interest?
                    We did! But it wasn't the same without you. The temp was 34 degrees and water was glass. Jetter took pics to prove it!

I had a bad spill (in to the boat.... long story) and banged up my knees. I followed that up last night by falling on the board... knee first. It's been a bad week.

My week is pretty crazy next, so I am a maybe at this point. I'm pretty sure I can't do Mon-Wed. However don't wait on me. If the weather is nice, then go!

Comment

Hey Jeff, I'm out for the rest of the year. Great meeting you guys this year and hope to get out a few more times next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The weather looks pretty hot for the week next week. Let me know what nights might work for people and we can put something together.

Comment

I'm back from my holidays and am interested in joining you guys sometime!

Comment

Hey Frosty - great, it would be great to get you out. Right now, later in the week is looking better for me (Wednesday or Thursday) if that works for people? Hopefully we can keep from damaging Johnnie this week!

BTW - just got back from a week at the Shuswaps and it was like Tige heaven. With a dealership on the lake, there were TONS of beautiful old and new Tige boats to look at. Talked to a few owners (had one guy ask about my decal removal and Chromax emblems). All in all, a pretty good week a the lake!

Comment

I may be out this week unless we do Tuesday. I have stuff going on Wed and Thursday then Friday off to camp and boat at Ridge for weekend. KillerBren and I both went out today to Ridge and it was great. Water still plenty high and surprisingly clean. No algae. About 4 oclock the wind died completely and we had glass with 33 degrees. There were 4 other Tiges all in the same end of the lake as us. A 13 Z1, and RZ2 and an RZR. They were driving 3 a breast trying the party wave thing. Bren talked to them and they said they may have 5 Tiges come to reunion next year. Also Bren is out for this week and next as he is working then going on a hunting trip.

So I lost my surf gate for my port side today too. Son didn't tighten the handle bolt for one side of swim deck. Lost that bolt and swim deck popped off hook on that side loosening the tension on my gate and gone. He and I have a new little project to work on tomorrow morning. At least I didn't lose the whole deck and FAE!
                              Last edited by Jetter; 08-28-2017, 03:44 AM.
                              2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                              360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
                                Hey Frosty - great, it would be great to get you out. Right now, later in the week is looking better for me (Wednesday or Thursday) if that works for people? Hopefully we can keep from damaging Johnnie this week!

BTW - just got back from a week at the Shuswaps and it was like Tige heaven. With a dealership on the lake, there were TONS of beautiful old and new Tige boats to look at. Talked to a few owners (had one guy ask about my decal removal and Chromax emblems). All in all, a pretty good week a the lake!
                                That's great you found other Tige's out there. I never see any! However I am usually on the poor side of the lake near Salmon Arm.

I am pretty unlikely for this week. Maybe this weekend for a "surf day" would work. I got Melissa home from Sheerness yesterday, however the camper blew a second tire. Now I need to drive back out to Hanna to get it tonight. It's going to be a busy week for me. If there is a night that would work, it would be Thursday. But I'd say I'm 30% at this stage. I do have to get Brennan his 1235 back though.

Comment

Working...
                                X