No announcement yet.

2017 Southern Alberta Surf Nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frosty - what night works for you? If Jetter can only do Tuesday and JohnnieMo is iffy, and Killlerbren is out for the week, that doesn't leave enough to make it work.

Jetter - that is fantastic news about additional owners for next year. I have been wanting to try that party wave for a while, but it just never works out to get the boats together. Might be really fun to try to set that up for the reunion next year!!

Comment

Looks like I'm out this week also, first week back from a long holiday and too much on the go(sorry for jumping the gun). I should be good for next week. There's a possibility I maybe heading to LB with the family this weekend too, not sure yet.

Comment

Ok - looks like this week is a wash.

Hopefully everyone gets out this weekend for some surf time. School starts next week so I am not quite sure what my week is going to look like (kids will be starting volleyball tryouts....). If there is interest, we might be able to put something together. Who all would be able to make something next week?

Comment

I'm gonna throw this out there now:

Final wind-up weekend / surf day at Sheerness: Sept 23, Sept 30 or Oct 7?

I'm pretty sure the water will still be awesome out there well in to October. It seems a shame not to take advantage of it. I know it's a bit of a drive from Lethbridge, so we can do boats from Calgary.

Comment

I'd be in for the 23rd or 30th weekend but the next is Thanksgiving long weekend and I'm out of town. Also, to avoid conflicting with kids activities like volleyball and ringette for me, Sunday the 24th or 31th would be way better for me.
            2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
            360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

How about October 1? (there is no September 31) I'm flying to Prague on the 24th.

Sheerness is open for camping until October 15 FWIW.

Comment

Oct 1 works for me. If Frosty or you could brink boat that would help us Lethbridge guys out. It's about 2.5 hours for us.

Comment

How does everybody else feel about the October 1 date? (We need to find a clever name like the Wake9 Polar Bear plunge)

Comment

I MIGHT be able to make the Oct. 1st date work. I have a volleyball tournament Friday/Saturday so not sure if I will be able to walk (and not sure what else is going to get added to the calendar that weekend), but I love the idea.

BTW - just met another local owner last night and talked to him about the group and our surf-nights. He seemed interested in getting together next season.

As for a name - I got nothing, but I will think on it.

Comment

Hey guys - I am still tracking October 1 to visit Sheerness. The weather plays the biggest role in all of this. If it is sunny and in the high teens, I say we go for it. However to date I haven't had a very firm expression of interest. Any more takers?

Comment

Yep I'd be in if weather is half decent. Winterizing my boat on Sunday. Alwaya a sad day.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jetter View Post
                          Yep I'd be in if weather is half decent. Winterizing my boat on Sunday. Alwaya a sad day.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                          Alright. So far it is you, me and Frosty is leaning towards.

On an unrelated note do you need to get your engine up to operating temp once the antifreeze is inside? I seem to recall something about opening up the thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                            Alright. So far it is you, me and Frosty is leaning towards.

On an unrelated note do you need to get your engine up to operating temp once the antifreeze is inside? I seem to recall something about opening up the thermostat.
                            My boat got winterized yesterday [emoji22]. I am hoping to make the trip work - so far it is looking promising. Who's boat are we using?

Comment

My boat for sure. Possibly Frosty too. He's considering.

Comment

If this is still a go - I am in.

Comment

Working...
                                X