No announcement yet.

2017 Southern Alberta Surf Nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am gone to Shuswap from the 20th to 27th. However I am game once I get back. Summer is quickly getting away from us here.

Comment

Anyone around this week? I can make pretty much any night work.

Comment

Sorry Jeff, I'm not back till August 9th. Hope everyone's been getting some hours in. The Weather has been unreal for the past few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure if any of you guys are at Christina Lake, thinking of moving to a tige from a nautique 210 would love to check out a newer tige, if anyone is up for letting me crawl around there boat and get there thoughts.

Comment

I am back home and around for the bulk of August. I'm planning on going out somewhere this Friday if anyone is interested. It will be Ghost, Little Bow or MacGregor I think. Going forward I should be able to make surf nights.

Comment

Great to have you back JohnnieMo! Can't wait to try out that cedar board of yours. This week is pretty packed for me but next week would work. We have to be picky about water - there are quite a few algae alerts out due to the heat.

Comment

I could do August 9 or 10. Any takers?

As for algae, I'll defer to you on that. The lakes I generally visit don't have that issue.

Side note - we are planning a camping trip to Sheerness (Prairie Oasis Campground) on the 19/20 weekend if anyone wants to come out. It is the lake heated by the coal plant. Last I heard it was 89 degrees F.

Comment

I can make the 9th or 10th work. I just checked the Alberta Health Services website (http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/news/bga.aspx) and it looks like just Pine Coulee is affected so far, so maybe Little Bow would work (it is just about in the middle for Lethbridge & Calgary folks). If you are hosting Johnnie, you can pick the day.

Comment

If we are going to go all the way to Little Bow, let's ensure we have good attendance. I'll let others weigh in on the day before we decide.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                      If we are going to go all the way to Little Bow, let's ensure we have good attendance. I'll let others weigh in on the day before we decide.
                      The 9th or 10th works for me Jeff and I and maybe Bren can travel together from Lethbridge.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                      2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                      360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

I'm leaning to the 9th. What time can you guys be there? It's 1.5 hours for me so I'd plan to leave as early as I can from home and stay past dark. Night surfing is technically illegal but.....

Comment

I can be ready to leave town around 3:30 which puts us at Little Bow right around 4:30 (and am good until whenever the boat comes out of the water) [emoji106]

Comment

Weather is looking awesome for the 9th. I've got my boat really dialled in too. I hope plenty of guys can make it. Invite friends if you want too.

Right now I don't have anyone else from Calgary coming so chime in if you can make it.

Comment

I'm in. Had a great trip. I have video to show you Johnny of getting a little guy up surfing. Got three tiny kids up using the tube method. Worked like a charm. Hopefully Bren in in too.
                              2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                              360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Is Brennan coming?

Comment

Working...
                                X