2011 Tige Owners Reunion at Lake Mead VI -Sept. 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbonine View Post
    My wife and I are in. I will most likely be without the Bu, so I will be asking for boat rides.

"Will throw fashion airs for pulls"
    I am going to try to get down early on Friday to find a beach and see some of Turbo's fashion airs. Anyone else is welcome as well. Camping out has always been awesome.

Originally posted by embo View Post
    I see my name on the list of possibles "?" to come to the reunion. I would absoluty love to go!! BUT, I need to know in October when the reunion is so that I can bid for vacation during that time. I get two chances in the month of October to get certain weeks off for the next year. That's how the great life of a pilot works.

So, this year it is probably not going to happen unless the company releases some vacation time and I can get it. But if someone knows when next year's reunion will be, I will submit my request for that specific time off and try my darn'dest to get'r done.

This years reunion - embo clan = 0
    Next years reunion - embo clan = prob 4

Every time we look at the pictures from TO on Lake Mead we want to be there. It's a 17 hour drive for us. But we would love to make it at least once. And it would be great to meet some of the peeps on this forum as well.

Have a Great time this year TOs!!
    I think we have settled in on the last weekend of September now for a couple years. It is not a guarantee, but weather is very cooperative that time of year.
    So I would assume the 22nd or 29th of September next year. I would prefer the 29th...but I think it would be up to Bad05 and if we get Tige involved, have them decide.
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
      So where is the beach you guys are on? Can you point it out on google maps? I have been to echo bay and just about everywhere on lake mead, all the way into the grand canyon, but it has been many moons.
      Last 3 years have all been right in here:

I am not sure it is working right...Maybe someone can help.

Anyway...about 5 miles north of Echo Marina. On the east side there are some relatively good camping areas with small bay for 20+ boats. September usually creates a great calm over the desert southwest...It is sort of strange to see such vast areas of glassy water.
      Last edited by talltigeguy; 08-14-2011, 04:21 AM.

Comment

I know where that is, we used to hang out in the temple bar area. I think you meant just to post this link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=e...,0.026801&z=16
        http://wake9.com/

Comment

Does anyone have the GPS coordinates? that would make it a snap to find using an iPhone..

Cheers
          Boating Lake Mead since 2000

Comment

The usual party spot is on the East side of the upper basin (North of Echo Bay) at approximately the 18 mile marker buoy. As you travel North and reach the 18 mile buoy - look to your RIGHT for a cove and the party.

Looking at my GPS and following the breadcrumb/tracking history, my best guess is:
            N 36° 23.077'
            W 114° 21.593'

The location isn't exact and changes, slightly, every year depending on conditions, but these markings should get you close.
            Last edited by TeamAllen; 08-14-2011, 03:25 PM.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
              I think we have settled in on the last weekend of September now for a couple years. It is not a guarantee, but weather is very cooperative that time of year.
              So I would assume the 22nd or 29th of September next year. I would prefer the 29th...but I think it would be up to Bad05 and if we get Tige involved, have them decide.
              Ok, that really helps a lot. I will keep this in mind for next year. I would love to come and visit all here on the forum. And get to see Lake Mead from the water. Thanks you talligeguy.

Comment

This year I am getting on the lake Thursday. I need more R&R .
                Let it be!!!

Comment

It's great to see the 2012 planning already starting! With the communication I've been having with Jean W. from Tige and the assumption that next year should offer good sponsorship from both the local Tige Dealer and other vendors, it will be another great event for sure. Now back to this year.....current head count is:

Bad05 (John) +3
                  Billua (Bill) +2
                  chpthril +2
                  Dan and Christy +2 (4.5?)
                  xpjim1 +6
                  TeamAllen +3
                  talltigeguy +6
                  LovinPowell +4
                  Dingleberry +4
                  Turbonine +2
                  SPBFAN +?
                  Ryannjena +?
                  G-MONEY +?
                  sincity +?
                  evilOne +?
                  Moki +?
                  Jeffe +?
                  lohe +?
                  solaidrider667 +?
                  jake's02-22i +?
                  wyodoc1 +?
                  Utemachine +?
                  Local Tige Dealership +??
                  embo +0

I believe in the past we might have setup in the Kline Hole or Glory Hole area and last year headed futher N. to find a good sandy beach, but mile marker 18 is a great starting point. Like Tall stated, it's about 5 miles N. and always on the E. side. We will be making a trip out on either the 10th or 17th, possibly an overnighter and should be able to set the location per GPS coordinates then. If anyone is interested in makeing that trip, let me know! I'll be sending out some PMs this week to those who have yet to respond asking about attendance to try and provide our sponsors with accurate numbers. If anyone has connections on companies or vendors that would like to donate some prizes or swag for some PR, please let me know. The more free stuff the better!!

Comment

Update:

After speaking to a few companies and vendors over the last few days, we are currently sitting with some great prizes. Tige, Wet Sounds, Boat Bling, Mike's Liquid Audio and Haney's Auto-Marine Care have all shared some love, details will follow, or could be a suprise at the reunion! I'm still beating the bushes and trying to get more sponsors and prizes for everyone, maybe I'll even win something this year! If anyone has connections with companies or vendors that they could reach out to, it would be greatly appreciated by all. Only thing is we will need all logos for sponsors by end of next week to try and get shirts designed and printed by the 22nd. Speaking of shirts, if we get them made, please PM me the quantity and size you would like, assume $10 a shirt until I have more details. They will be white, pocketless tees in adult sizes S-XXL. In past years we have tried doing a variety of types and children sizes and it ends up being a HUGE P-I-T-A for the organizer.

On a different note, we will also have a mini meet and greet at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Las Vegas Blvd and Warm Springs the Thursday before the reunion, Sept. 22nd starting about 630 pm. If you are in town and can make it, we will hopefully see you then!

Here is the current head count, sound off if you aren't on the list or still show a "?" next to your name. 5 weeks and counting!

Bad05 (John) +3
                    Billua (Bill) +2
                    chpthril +2
                    Dan and Christy +2 (4.5?)
                    xpjim1 +6
                    TeamAllen +3
                    talltigeguy +6
                    LovinPowell +4
                    Dingleberry +4
                    Turbonine +2
                    Ryannjena +?
                    G-MONEY +?
                    sincity +?
                    evilOne +?
                    Moki +?
                    Jeffe +?
                    lohe +?
                    solaidrider667 +?
                    jake's02-22i +?
                    wyodoc1 +?
                    Utemachine +?
                    Local Tige Dealership +??
                    embo +0
                    SPBFAN +0

Comment

GLory hole is where the floating toilet is at, right?

Comment

Good question, but hopefully we make it out there on the 10th to recon the coves and find a good one. I can't even remember what the lake looked like in 2007, that's the last time we were at 1110'.

Comment

Thanks for all your efforts. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                            GLory hole is where the floating toilet is at, right?
                            The glory hole is the floating toilet! When I get home this weekend I will post a pic of Dustin dock starting off the glory hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan and Christy View Post
                              The glory hole is the floating toilet! When I get home this weekend I will post a pic of Dustin dock starting off the glory hole.
                              Google earth takes you right to glory hole if you type in 'glory hole lake mead'. It has been a problematic place in recent years because of a slowly sloping shoreline. It also had lots of weeds just off shore. So it was either 3 feet deep 50 feet from shore, or it dropped to severe weedpatches right away. This year, glory hole might be money. The sand was much better there instead of more like small rocks around the corner where we have been.

Comment

I think there was a houseboat and two wakeboarding boats already camping on that beach last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X