Tige ATX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
    Will the ATX be at the Dallas Boat Show that starts tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it will be in Dallas for a behind the curtain showing as BlackoutATX mentioned earlier. I talked with the dealer that has it as well, just cant take any pics of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger761 View Post
      We're actually looking at a Max and a Makai. So the ATX it hitting at the perfect time. Driving down to Dallas Saturday to check it out vs the other 2. Be very interesting to see what they did creating a new brand and features.
      Apparently Moomba is releasing a new boat too. Rumor is it will be a 22' baby Makai.

Comment

Originally posted by 242Boater View Post
        Apparently Moomba is releasing a new boat too. Rumor is it will be a 22' baby Makai.
        It was suppose to be there as well, talking with the dealer down there. But Moomba is holding off until the official release which should be soon, he didn't sound to pleased that they would let him show it. I hear it should be Makai looking as well, guess we will soon see, no official release date yet or I haven't heard it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger761 View Post
          It was suppose to be there as well, talking with the dealer down there. But Moomba is holding off until the official release which should be soon, he didn't sound to pleased that they would let him show it. I hear it should be Makai looking as well, guess we will soon see, no official release date yet or I haven't heard it anyways.

One of the guys on the Moomba forum said they got an email it would be released 7/18 @ 6pm in DFW. He did say it was from his dealer so maybe it's the same dealer you're talking about and will not be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimer23 View Post
            Same reason I didn't buy one. My dealer tried to steer me that direction but I couldn't stand the way they look. Shallow? perhaps
            They look a lot better on the water than they do on a trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by 242Boater View Post
              One of the guys on the Moomba forum said they got an email it would be released 7/18 @ 6pm in DFW. He did say it was from his dealer so maybe it's the same dealer you're talking about and will not be there.
              There’s only 1 Moomba dealer in Dallas area.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                For me the surf wave out of the box was just ok during my test drive/ride. I'm pretty sure the dealer hadn't figured it out yet as it was brand new at the time. I came prepared for a good test with extra ballast bags and a pump. Of course there was no power port for the pump that would reach the under seat lockers for the bags. So that was disappointing. Then talking do the dealer rep for Moomba they would not add anything extra, such as those needed power ports. My wife was totally put off by that. Power ports are easy enough to install, but she refused to build a boat then have to start working on it right away once we got it.

I guess I've always though of a companies flagship as their biggest most impressive boat. For Moomba I would say it was always the Mojo or Mojo Pro, but now it's probably the Makai. Now I would call the Makai a stripped down SE. Don't they share the same hull? That would make it basically a stripped down flagship. The max doesn't share a hull with anything else as far as I know.
                Not a shared hull.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

man. good time to be in dallas for the show. wish I was going to be there. always liked moombas pricepoints but imo when I have been shopping tige has thrown a better wave. my 22ve was 63k in 2012 and nothing in the moomba line, or for that matter any other manufacturer but mb, had a comparable wave for the monies.
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

No I didn't misunderstand the terminology. I didn't say the Max was a stripped down flagship I said it was BASICALLY a stripped down flag ship. Its a big, deep, 23ft barebones boat thats surf performance gets compared to a G23, centurion Ri series, Rzx3 etc.
                    A flag ship, "basically a flagship" arent you inferring the same thing? No reason to dance over semantics. Regardless its incorrect., Its not even "basically" a stripped down flagship. The running surface on the Moomba line is based off of the mojo. All the same running surface in the Moomba lineup. That isn't a flag ship hull, or even "basically" a flag ship hull, nor will it ever be. Big and tall sure. But I don't think that those two classify it as being "basically a flagship".

If the hull design and shape was almost identical to an SE or SL but it was bare bones inside I would agree.

People compare the Max to the G, Ri and Rzx3? Amazing in its price point? Absolutely. Comparative to those models in terms of performance? Full on Pipe dream. They don't even compare to their higher end flagship supra counterpart.
                    Last edited by Germaine Marine; 07-17-2019, 11:04 PM.
                    Germaine Marine
                    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

yep. it'll be in Dallas....

not a fan of pickle fork so im out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would never rule something out without seeing it and understanding the value.

From what the folks in the know are saying even understanding some of them are selling them this new brand sounds pretty interesting.

I have an rzx and I really like the Tige brand. It was more expensive than my rz series boat but offered a nice increase in wave performance and in boat safety. I never had an issue with my slammed rz but I had a few moments where it rocked hard on boat wakes or worse took a bit of water over the bow. Never have I even blinked with the deeper boat.

Big difference in price points.

Give me a wave and that comfort in a more affordable package and I’d have to at least consider it...

Waiting to see it before I rule it out!

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                          A flag ship, "basically a flagship" arent you inferring the same thing? No reason to dance over semantics. Regardless its incorrect., Its not even "basically" a stripped down flagship. The running surface on the Moomba line is based off of the mojo. All the same running surface in the Moomba lineup. That isn't a flag ship hull, or even "basically" a flag ship hull, nor will it ever be. Big and tall sure. But I don't think that those two classify it as being "basically a flagship".

If the hull design and shape was almost identical to an SE or SL but it was bare bones inside I would agree.

People compare the Max to the G, Ri and Rzx3? Amazing in its price point? Absolutely. Comparative to those models in terms of performance? Full on Pipe dream. They don't even compare to their higher end flagship supra counterpart.
                          Yeah actually, wake 9 compares the Max to the flagship Supra, the Ri257, G23 and others at their polar bear event. But whatever dude, agree to disagree. I got better things to do than to argue about a boat I dont even like in the first place. Lol

Comment

Yeah actually, wake 9 compares the Max to the flagship Supra, the Ri257, G23 and others at their polar bear event. But whatever dude, agree to disagree. I got better things to do than to argue about a boat I dont even like in the first place. Lol
                            Using Polar Bear as reference material may be your mistake. Cool event, but very hard to rely on the data.

Comment

I think it is a fair comparison to pit the max against the g/ri/rzx series and events like the polar bear give some real world feedback on the WAVE and the WAVE only.
                              last motor trend had a comparo of a ferrari and hellcat. similar specs across the board and performance was not too far off but one does it in ferrari style and one dodge style and 2 completely different pricepoints that are not likely to get cross-shopped.
                              the max comparison above is similar. all the boats produce a solid wave that I believe any of us would be happy to ride(as isn't it about being on the water) but not likely that the max will be cross-shopped against the other 3. I appreciate the comparison when it comes to the waves but I do know that all 3 will be heads and tails above the max in overall interior fitment/quality of materials/options.

that said if the atx is anything like the rest of the tige line, comparisons of the max and atx should be an apples comparison and I have a hunch who will reign
                              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post

that said if the atx is anything like the rest of the tige line, comparisons of the max and atx should be an apples comparison and I have a hunch who will reign
                                There’s the inherent forum bias we were looking for! [emoji57]

I happen to dig the max. Very utilitarian and a good performer.

Comment

Working...
                                X