No announcement yet.

Tige ATX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked up the registrant for the atxboats.com domain and it is registered to the address: 1801 Highway 36, Abilene TX 79602. Seems like an address i have seen somewhere...

Comment

Abilene TX
      Hmmmm
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Maybe Tige's "second brand", like Axis or NTX or Moomba?

Oops, I see I'm not the first to wonder that....

Comment

Comment

Another interesting find...Tige's website no longer has a R22 listed...

Comment

Watching the internet do detective is hilariously great. I've got my popcorn ready!

Comment

OK, I've figured it out.

"ATX" is a form factor for PC motherboards. Everyone hates Murphy, both owners and manufacturers alike. So maybe ATXBoats is Tige's new line of boats that drops Murphy in favor of rolling their own helm systems using commodity PC hardware to keep costs down.

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
                  OK, I've figured it out.

"ATX" is a form factor for PC motherboards. Everyone hates Murphy, both owners and manufacturers alike. So maybe ATXBoats is Tige's new line of boats that drops Murphy in favor of rolling their own helm systems using commodity PC hardware to keep costs down.

Nice. Could possibly run OS/2 on it as well ;-)
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

Probably going to hate me for this one but my daughter did take a pic! Don’t want to spoil the reveal so I will hold off on sharing. Maybe I can get a session behind it

Comment

Maybe I can get a session behind it
                      I think they call this blackmail
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Probably going to hate me for this one but my daughter did take a pic! Don’t want to spoil the reveal so I will hold off on sharing. Maybe I can get a session behind it
                        I think they call this blackmail
                        Like international intrigue, nation-states competing for stolen technology. Who ends up with the photo... let the bidding begin!
                        Last edited by IDBoating; 07-12-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                          Nice. Could possibly run OS/2 on it as well ;-)
                          Go Linux, it's open source to keep it cheap and supportable! OS/2 is IBM, watch out for predatory licensing fees....

Oooh, I have another idea. Run Linux, publish the source (or at least an API), and thus create a cottage industry of aftermarket firmware add-ons where Tige sells the platform and you can hire one of several firmware companies to customize your boat just how you like it. Want some cool new helm feature? Gotta integrate that HyperChill beer cooler into the CAN network? Anything is possible with the new Advanced Tige eXtension platform!

Next step is the Tige Play Store, where aspiring marine firmware jockeys can market their enhancements (apps). Download your favorites to your new Tige and assemble your own, one of a kind boating experience from all the great ideas uploaded by Tige owners worldwide.
                          Last edited by IDBoating; 07-12-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimer23 View Post
                            Another interesting find...Tige's website no longer has a R22 listed...
                            I saw this today too. I bet this ATX launches with a 22 and 24 foot pickle fork bow.

Comment

be nice to see a budget line like axis/moomba. lose the fancy electronics and the big ticket price with a boat that puts out a stellar wave. they will sell a ton of them.
                              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Tige ATX??

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                                I saw this today too. I bet this ATX launches with a 22 and 24 foot pickle fork bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Bamer; 07-15-2019, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X