No announcement yet.

Tige ATX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moomba for the win huh? What Tige would you say this one most closely resembles?

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
      Moomba for the win huh? What Tige would you say this one most closely resembles?
      For us Moomba still wins on that type of boat line. I would have been shocked if a full new boat could jump in first try and changed my mind.

To me it looks like they took an R22 bumped the freeboard some as it’s a pretty deep hull. Took out the built in ice chest, changing up the bow. Then they added transom seats. It does have some “Go” influences with some nice size bags in the rear and bow. So I’m sure the wave is going to be pretty nice for a budget boat without too much additional weight. I didn’t catch the full weight specs, the show model with some options and show price was in the $80s. While it didn’t win us over still a nice boat

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger761 View Post
        So pretty good looking budget boat, there’s a few things I like and some things I don’t just like any boat out there. We’re going to go with a Makai though. I didn’t take any pics.
        You buying from the Slalom Shop in Lewisville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
          You buying from the Slalom Shop in Lewisville?

No, the Moomba dealers are real area specific and don't like stepping on each other toes. We'll be using our local dealer Crosstimbers which has been great to work with so far. They just didn't have any in stock for us to check out one more time before we ordered it. This show had a Max and a Makia side by side so it was real easy to check them both out. Well worth the road trip before placing that kind of order.

Comment

No, the Moomba dealers are real area specific and don't like stepping on each other toes. We'll be using our local dealer Crosstimbers which has been great to work with so far. They just didn't have any in stock for us to check out one more time before we ordered it. This show had a Max and a Makia side by side so it was real easy to check them both out. Well worth the road trip before placing that kind of order.
            Got it. I didn’t know if there was a closer dealer or not. I spent some time with the guys at Slalom Shop when I was shopping last year. Nice guys....

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
              Got it. I didn’t know if there was a closer dealer or not. I spent some time with the guys at Slalom Shop when I was shopping last year. Nice guys....

Yep they were great to talk to about the two models. And they told me about all of the updates to the Makai as I previously hadn't had a chance to talk to my dealer about it. Some nice updates coming for 2020 that make it worth waiting on. I was super impressed though on how the sales guys honor each others areas. Heck car salesman cut each other like crazy even in the same store.

Comment

Yep they were great to talk to about the two models. And they told me about all of the updates to the Makai as I previously hadn't had a chance to talk to my dealer about it. Some nice updates coming for 2020 that make it worth waiting on. I was super impressed though on how the sales guys honor each others areas. Heck car salesman cut each other like crazy even in the same store.
                As I understand it, skiers choice slaps dealers on the wrist when they sell out of area! I assume that’s the same for all manufacturers.

Comment

Updates to Makai? I know the price is updated, what else?

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                    Updates to Makai? I know the price is updated, what else?

Sent you a PM. I don't want to let out the updates before my dealer does and make him mad when were about to order one.

Comment

For us Moomba still wins on that type of boat line. I would have been shocked if a full new boat could jump in first try and changed my mind.

To me it looks like they took an R22 bumped the freeboard some as it’s a pretty deep hull. Took out the built in ice chest, changing up the bow. Then they added transom seats. It does have some “Go” influences with some nice size bags in the rear and bow. So I’m sure the wave is going to be pretty nice for a budget boat without too much additional weight. I didn’t catch the full weight specs, the show model with some options and show price was in the $80s. While it didn’t win us over still a nice boat
                      You are comparing a 24.5 foot boat vs a 22. Seems a tad unfair if you ask me. I would prob pick the Makai also at 24.5, well maybe.......

Having had significant time in both, at 22 feet I don't see a comp that's worthy of what its going to dish out in terms of out of the box performance and hard parts. Like, not close. And that's including what I saw coming from Skiers in 2020.
                      Germaine Marine
                      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                        You are comparing a 24.5 foot boat vs a 22. Seems a tad unfair if you ask me. I would prob pick the Makai also at 24.5, well maybe.......

Having had significant time in both, at 22 feet I don't see a comp that's worthy of what its going to dish out in terms of out of the box performance and hard parts. Like, not close. And that's including what I saw coming from Skiers in 2020.
                        Not exactly unfair, the dealer and I had a good conversation about the 24ft ATX that is being released as well. Based off what he said, for us the Makai still wins. Keep in mind we were looking at a Max 22.5’ and a Makai 24.5’ It’s all 100% personal opinion no matter the brand or the size or the design. You have a ZX5 so of course your opinion would be a touch biased as well, very nice boat by the way I did have to look at the ZXs just outside of my budget. So not trying to change anyone’s mine or steer someone one way or another just saying what I saw at the show and the direction we’re headed. Coming from a 97 2150 we’re in for a huge change no matter what we pick and all better out preform the wake and wave it produced. My brother just won’t like the newer slalom wake, I myself rarely slalom.

Comment

One thing that is weird is we walked thru a Centurion that was 25 ft and while its only half a foot longer than the Makai, it felt huge. Felt like it should be 28ft. Always a good time looking at all the boats at the shows.

Comment

So was this a random show, or has boat show season started already? We don't have ours till February.

Comment

Tige ATX??

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                              So was this a random show, or has boat show season started already? We don't have ours till February.
                              Dallas has 2 shows a year. One in February (I think) and one in summer. The summer one is basically the dealers getting rid of year end models.... and showing new boats like the makai debut was at the summer show last year.

Comment

It was a lot smaller show compared to normal boat shows, but had all the main brands there. I thought it was actually kind of nice being smaller show as it was not nearly as crowded (or at least Sunday). Made it very easy to take time in each boat without being rushed by other people.

Comment

Working...
                                X