No announcement yet.

Tige Touch Screen - On/Off Button Install Phase 1 and 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe we have to keep guessing. Will someone from Tige please respond?

Comment

No need to guess.. Wire it up with all the parts and be done.. The 2014 madilion box has the same part number as 2010 2011 and 2012 and 2013 and 2014... Cause every day you don't have it your missing out!
      www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
      http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Does anyone know if the Tige Touch software needs to be updated prior to installing the button? I have not updated since it was built in May 2012. If so where do you get the software update and instructions.

It would be great to see the specific install instructions if someone could be so kind to share.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by tnvolgrad View Post
          Does anyone know if the Tige Touch software needs to be updated prior to installing the button? I have not updated since it was built in May 2012. If so where do you get the software update and instructions.

It would be great to see the specific install instructions if someone could be so kind to share.
          The best instructions for this button are found in the first 2 post of this thread. I don't know how/where the original poster got them from, but the kit from our dealer (from Tige) includes NO directions. I didn't install mine yet, but am confident all will be fine with the detailed instructions from the 1st 2 posts.
          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Well seems simple enough - now to find the right button. I maybe dense, but will this button work http://www.amazon.com/Plasmaglow-110...=pd_sim_auto_3? The one Wiked recommended has a 17-30 day transit, plus I want white versus blue.

Also, the 20 pin connector wire - what connector type is required? Someone mentioned Radio Shack carrying them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Read all the pages you will see all the info you need is in here

Comment

Simple $15 button install is a must have: Purchase any maintained button with a normally open contact, pictured is an Allen Bradley 800FP-FA2. This method is very simple and just parallels the keyswitch's accessories. On the back of the keyswitch are 4 wiring posts. All we need is the post with one red wire (+12 V) and the post with two red wires (Accessories). Attach another 14awg wire to each of the two posts listed (using a ring terminal is easiest). The wire attached to +12 V goes to one side of your new buttons normally open contact and the Accessories wire goes to the other side. This button will now just bypass your keyswitch and keep your TT on while the keyswitch is in the off position. This fixes many things on my 2013 RZR: TT now keeps ballast setting, lights stay on, ballast pumps stay on, and speedset stays. Just to mention a few. I did NOT use the #20 pin on the Viper. This is very simple, and can not damage anything, since the button is doing the same thing that the keyswitch does.

TT Button.jpg

Comment

As you can see above, I relocated the mic connector and put the button in it's place. The above method also allows for backup if the button fails, because then the keyswitch will just work as it did before you added the button.

Comment

I love seeing where everyone is putting the new button. Wicked moved the horn button and Tims, you moved the AUX Input. Now I don't know which location idea to steal!! My button kit is going in tonight. Cannot wait to hit the lake tomorrow. If I do something different I will post pics. This fall we are having a custom pod build to house our WS420EQ under the horn/12V/Aux location, it will be wrapped with the white material (ordered extra through our dealer), I may just find a home for the button in that when they make it. Thanks again for sharing the creativity guys!
                    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I agree with Wicked, the horn button is not very pleasing to the eye. I had a 22mm button lying around, and it wouldn't fit in the horn location. So, I just moved the Mic connection. Wherever you place the button, just do it, because you will love it.

Comment

I drilled the hole larger =) horn button is uuuuuuglly as sin

Comment

Installing mine tonight to a mounting bracket I made out of sheet metal. I plan to mount it under the horn/power plug/IPOD input dash area. I can alway drill a permanent hole in dash at a later time if all system work just fine.

Note: I am surprised NOBODY has relocated the bass control dial under the helm so it can be easilly adjusted. Most people have no idea it is even located under the dash area. I relocated the dial under the IPOD input.
                          Picture will follow.
                          Nick
                          Dayton, Ohio

Comment

I have a remote level control (volume knob like the Wet Sounds bass knob) installed inside the pocket (on the left hand side when you reach in) below the Tige touch.

I'll probably install the horn button inside the pocket also since it is out of the way and install this push button where the horn button was.

Comment

Is there a bass level control somewhere on 2013 systems? I know nothing about stereos but I do wish I could feel the bass more. I have the top option for the stereo package except that I have only one set of tower speakers.
                              2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

look under your dash for a knob lol

Comment

Working...
                                X