Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Touch Screen - On/Off Button Install Phase 1 and 2

All,

Below is a procedure I received regarding the installation of a Tige Touch on/off Button.

The procedure is not highly detailed and more information regarding the actual "Botton" is needed, but this is a good start.

PHASE 1

1. Start by marking the dash next to the ignition.
    image001.jpgimage002.jpg

2. Drill a 1/4" pilot hole.
    image003.jpg

3. Cut a 3/4" hole using a hole saw. (note: cut through the vinyl in reverse then cut through the plastic in forward.)
    image004.jpg

4. Move the bass control and USB port. Then cut a hole next to the ignition.
    image005.jpg

4. Put the button through the dash and tighten the nut on the back.

image013.jpg

5. Remove the two red wires from the ignition and cut the eye off.
    image014.jpg

6. Connect the red wires to the brown wire on the button.
    image017.jpg

7. Connect the red wire on the button to the red stud above the medallion fuse box.
    image018.jpg

8. connect the black wire on the button to the bus bar.
    image019.jpg

Phase 2 will follow next.

Phase 2 Instructions

9. Remove the 20 pin connector from the viper.
    image022.jpg

10. Remove the white plug from the connector. (note: use a safety pin to pry it out.)
    image025.jpg

11. Feed the wire that came with the button through the #20 position (note: the positions are marked in the 4 corners on the back of the plug.)
    image026.jpg

12. After pulling the wire all the way through put the white plug back in.
    image027.jpg

13. Put the plug back in the viper and put a 1/4" spade on the wire then connect the wire to one of the four connectors on the fuse block.
    image028.jpgimage033.jpg

Again, More detail on the "Button" is needed, but this is a good start.

Cheers,
    Ken

Comment

According to my dealer, my "Button" is on the way. I'll post details as they become available.

Ken

Comment

This is a great, thanks for posting. Where is that fuse block located? What is the purpose of the white wire feeding into the medallion plug?
        2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Ken,
          Thanks for posting, this is wonderful. Is the "button" a kit containing all of the necessary wires and connectors according to the instructions? If so, let us know if this kit has a part number that can be ordered. Hopefully Chpthril will also be putting a kit together as well. Tige gets enough $$ from us, if Chpthril puts something together I would support the "little guy"
          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Is that "bass control" part of the standard audio system? Never seen that before on boats with Wetsounds amps.

Comment

I don't have the "Button" kit just yet. It's on the way. I'll report back when I see it in person.

The fuse block in the picture is up high under the dash above the steering controls.

Not sure what the white wire does. It must have to do with turning on the rest of the system so the various function will register on the screen. It's just a guess, but I will figure it out when I see the kit.

I'm told the cost is about $73 for the kit.

I found the base control by accident and it works real well.

Hope this helps,
              Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                Is that "bass control" part of the standard audio system? Never seen that before on boats with Wetsounds amps.
                Its been coming standard with every boat that gets the "Premium" system of 3 pair of in-boats, sub and Syn-6 amp. IMO, its in a bad spot and most dont know its there, including the dealers
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hay guys,

i am looking at a switch that comes in about different 5 colors of LED ring. Im waiting on some technical info about them as well as working out a bulk/wholesale price.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Our Tige dealer didn't point that out, we found out about it from our WetSounds dealer when they installed our WS420. Now Tige should put in a control to adjust the tower/boat speakers volume independant of eachother.
                    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      Hay guys,

i am looking at a switch that comes in about different 5 colors of LED ring. Im waiting on some technical info about them as well as working out a bulk/wholesale price.
                      Thanks Mike! I'm in for a white one if it's available.

Comment

Originally posted by houstonshark View Post
                        Thanks Mike! I'm in for a white one if it's available.
                        red, green, yellow, orange, blue and yes, white

Comment

Blue or white would probably be my choice.
                          I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Probably be in for a blue as well once you find something out Mike.

Comment

I'd take a red

Comment

Working...
                              X