No announcement yet.

Tige Touch Screen - On/Off Button Install Phase 1 and 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is working great on my 2012 and I don't see why it would not work, the two wires, that would normally get power from the ignition when the key is turned, is now getting power when a push button switch is pressed. I have no idea how software would change things.

Comment

Im gonna toss out a little speculation here and say that a latching push button will work on ANY boat. I cannot see for the life of me figure out how the stereo or medallion module could possibly know the difference between 12V that comes from the current key switch and 12V that comes through a bush button switch.

As noted earlier, there are two routes that can be taken. 1, would be to just power up the head-unit's turn-on circuit. We've been doing this on the past 3 Malibu model years. 2, would be to take the route Tige did, and power up both wires that are hooked to the ACC terminal of the key switch.

Now, if there are some internal differences between the 2012 and 2013 medallion units, then adding in that extra wire to the 20 pin connector on the older units could let the smoke out.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        , then adding in that extra wire to the 20 pin connector on the older units could let the smoke out.
        anyone know the true purpose of that extra wire?
        2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Im gonna toss out a little speculation here and say that a latching push button will work on ANY boat. I cannot see for the life of me figure out how the stereo or medallion module could possibly know the difference between 12V that comes from the current key switch and 12V that comes through a bush button switch.

As noted earlier, there are two routes that can be taken. 1, would be to just power up the head-unit's turn-on circuit. We've been doing this on the past 3 Malibu model years. 2, would be to take the route Tige did, and power up both wires that are hooked to the ACC terminal of the key switch.

Now, if there are some internal differences between the 2012 and 2013 medallion units, then adding in that extra wire to the 20 pin connector on the older units could let the smoke out.
          I connected the 20 pin to power and no smoke, but I sure can't figure out why that would be needed.

Comment

Madamon, I also questioned Lee and Harvey why this would not work and did not get a solid explanation. Maybe I am stupid but I thought we were just re-routing the power to the tige Touch? I got he feeling I was being a pain in their side by questioning them when I wanted to be of service to myself and fellow forum owners. If it works on madamon 2012 boat, I would like to try on mine and just not drill a hole in the dash until I know it works!
            Last edited by NHarp1; 08-23-2013, 10:17 PM. Reason: Grammar
            Nick
            Dayton, Ohio

Comment

SO hook it all up with out cutting the hole lol..

And ya I have noticed when we want to pimp our old boats they are ZERO help... Crazy

Here is what is even crazier.. How many tige employees read stuff like this and say nothing... lol
              www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
              http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Originally posted by mdamon View Post
                I connected the 20 pin to power and no smoke, but I sure can't figure out why that would be needed.
                Can you try out the button with that wire disconnected? I assume that's the wire that gets the 560 ohm .5W resistor right?

Comment

Originally posted by houstonshark View Post
                  Can you try out the button with that wire disconnected? I assume that's the wire that gets the 560 ohm .5W resistor right?
                  Yes, I have tried it without the 20 pin connected to power and I had the same result, works great.

Comment

Originally posted by mdamon View Post
                    Yes, I have tried it without the 20 pin connected to power and I had the same result, works great.
                    Which begs the question, what does that white wire do?

Comment

Timer install to stop Tige Touch from rebooting

Hey Guys ,

This is how I fixed the problem with the Tige touch from rebooting every time I turned the engine off while filling ballast. it's the same principal as the button. The timer relay holds accessories power on long enough so I can switch the ignition key switch from ON to OFF to ACCessories to shutdown engine without dropping power to the Tige touch.
                      http://www.redarc.com.au/products/pr...ction-timer_a/

Comment

I broke down and ordered the button kit from our dealer, it arrived today (dealer charged $99.95 for the kit). Funny thing is that my white wire was not white, but red. They must make this out of any random scrap they have laying around. I reviewed against the original instructions and everything was included, except the electrical connectors to crimp onto the wires, but I have plenty around my shop.

For those of you that have the button installed, does the low voltage error still come up on the screen when the motor is running. If not, maybe the white/red/scrap wire that feeds through the 20 pin location, since it would have power to this location is an override for the software on this warning. Just a thought.
                        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                          For those of you that have the button installed, does the low voltage error still come up on the screen when the motor is running. If not, maybe the white/red/scrap wire that feeds through the 20 pin location, since it would have power to this location is an override for the software on this warning. Just a thought.
                          The low voltage error does not come on when the engine is running, BUT it still comes on when the key is off (and button is on).

Comment

Now that Tige found a solution to the stereo/restart complaint, maybe they can come up with a solution to only have the low voltage appear if there is truly a low voltage situation when the engine is running. Maybe a software load for boats with dual batteries and an isolator where the warning has no true meaning when the engine is not running. Just saying!
                            "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Medallion just needs to change the firmware to ignore the house battery level when there is no engine rpm input.
                              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                                Now that Tige found a solution to the stereo/restart complaint, maybe they can come up with a solution to only have the low voltage appear if there is truly a low voltage situation when the engine is running. Maybe a software load for boats with dual batteries and an isolator where the warning has no true meaning when the engine is not running. Just saying!
                                you should post pics and stuff of the kit and instructions.
                                www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                                http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Working...
                                X