No announcement yet.

Tige Touch Screen - On/Off Button Install Phase 1 and 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what the USB port under the dash is for. Is it for software updates to TT or is it another USB input for the stereo?
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

It is for software updates for the TT

Comment

Tige Touch Screen - On/Off Button Install Phase 1 and 2

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
        look under your dash for a knob lol
        I did....but I didn't see you there.....
        2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

smart *** ? How the hell do you expect anyone on here to know whats under your dash or what it was built with? If you got a knob under the dash then yes its a bass control knob!
          www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
          http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

mn, on your amp (we have the same factory set up and it is the bottom amp), there is a button for Ch 5/6, make sure that this is in the bridged position. In addition to that, to get something more out of the Sub, you can turn up the gain on the Ch 5/6 output. For some reason when we added the WS420, we had to increase the gain some to get more output through to the Sub. With increased gain (but not too much) you will get more adjustment out of that adjustment control.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
              It is for software updates for the TT
              Thanks. I was guessing that since it was hidden, but it is nice to know. Given that it is hidden does not mean it may not benifit us as owners, proven by the bass control knob. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
                smart *** ? How the hell do you expect anyone on here to know whats under your dash or what it was built with? If you got a knob under the dash then yes its a bass control knob!
                Haha. Couldn't resist....I guess that's why I asked about a 2013 and mentioned that I have the factory stereo with all but the second set of tower speakers. I may have incorrectly thought that the factory stereo options were the same for all 2013's, but maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                  mn, on your amp (we have the same factory set up and it is the bottom amp), there is a button for Ch 5/6, make sure that this is in the bridged position. In addition to that, to get something more out of the Sub, you can turn up the gain on the Ch 5/6 output. For some reason when we added the WS420, we had to increase the gain some to get more output through to the Sub. With increased gain (but not too much) you will get more adjustment out of that adjustment control.
                  Thanks Dan for the quick response. So that knob is labelled "remote level". That's the one for the base control? Sorry for the rookie questions, I don't know much about stereos.

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
                    Thanks Dan for the quick response. So that knob is labelled "remote level". That's the one for the base control? Sorry for the rookie questions, I don't know much about stereos.
                    To be honest, I don't know if it is labeled, I didn't know it was there until the installer that put in the WS420 told me about it. To see what it looks like, you can go back to the 1st post on this thread and it is featured along with the USB port (previously mentioned) found in the photo that is the 1st of the Step #4s (that might not make alot of sense, but there are 2 Step #4s on the instruction sheet).

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
                      Is there a bass level control somewhere on 2013 systems? I know nothing about stereos but I do wish I could feel the bass more. I have the top option for the stereo package except that I have only one set of tower speakers.
                      On all the Tige boats ive been on with the OEM installed Syn-6 and XS-10fa sub, Tige has mounted that knob behind the helm, under the steering wheel. Lay on your back and look directly up at the under side of the steering box and it should be there bolted to the back of the helm.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI am happy to report the push button works perfectly on my 2012 RZR. Yes, I connected the 20 pin connector and really do not care if it does anything as long as everything works. I paid a healthy $95 plus shipping for the Tige button. This button will save so much time and make boating more enjoyable.
                        Last edited by NHarp1; 09-06-2013, 11:26 PM.
                        Nick
                        Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Nice picks Nick. I just installed the Tige factory switch on our RZR. We didn't take detailed pix but ours did not come with a white wire, nor instructions. We followed the opening of this thread sans white wire. Everything works as expected.

Stoked to control TT outside of the boat running or not. I be we logged hours on our motor this season just so ballast, Bluetooth and everything doesn't skip a beat.

WP_20130907_001.jpg
                          2013 RZR w/ConvexVX
                          http://www.surfsupws.com http://facebook.com/surfsupwatersports

Comment

Great thread! just got done doing my 2011 RZ2 for 0$ with a toggle switch and some wire out of the tool box. My boat had a blank cover to the right of the factory cigarette lighter port that popped out and happened to be the exact size hole needed for my switch! (i think i'll order a push button for style points however) Like Zach said, i guarantee we've logged extra hours just so the ballast and tunes don't shut off!

Comment

Nice work Kasey. Looks good. It really is that easy, take the two red wires off the ignition and wire them up to a switch. Positive/Negative hookup and voila! Though our switch did have a 550ohm .5watt resistor on the brown wire for connecting to the two red wires to switch on the TT. Not sure how important that is but that is a benefit of ordering the factory switch.
                              2013 RZR w/ConvexVX
                              http://www.surfsupws.com http://facebook.com/surfsupwatersports

Comment

worked fantastic! rode all morning and the TT/music/ballast/cruise didn't shut off once! mandatory upgrade!

Comment

Working...
                                X