Tige Touch Screen - On/Off Button Install Phase 1 and 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
    I believe the resistor is in the button switch wiring under the shrink wrap (in the factory switch).
    Exactly! If you go on Ebay and look up LED switches, you'll notice that many of them need to have a 5k resistor wired inline when installing. If your not savvy with soldering or don't want the added hassle of having to get a resistor just look for a switch that doesn't require one. Many of the switches are set to run off a 12volt system and don't need a resistor.

On a side note, I noticed that a lot of people were installing the 22mm switches, I think that's the size of the ones in the Tige kits?? You can buy a 16mm switch(I did) which is a bit smaller and could be a little more stealthy looking, especially if you buy a black switch instead of a silver one.

Comment

Hi Folks,

Just got my Amazon button, but the wires are Red (12 V+), White ("Output"), and Black (Ground -). No brown wire , but I don't want to just "assume" the white is the same as the brown. Not an electrical expert. Any comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnie View Post
        Hi Folks,

Just got my Amazon button, but the wires are Red (12 V+), White ("Output"), and Black (Ground -). No brown wire , but I don't want to just "assume" the white is the same as the brown. Not an electrical expert. Any comments?
        Jonnie,

In theory, the on/off portion of the switch doesnt actually have polarity, as in a designated B+ in and switched B+ out, but since it has LED that illuminates when the switch is on, you will need to determine which wire will be B+ so the LED is not on when the switch is off and which is switched out so the LED is on when the switch is on.

So it looks like your 3 wires are labeled. This is whats important, not so much wire color.
        Black: this is the ground for the LED
        Red 12V + will be connected to the battery + BUSS under the helm.
        White is the switched B+ out and will connect to the wires that come off the key switch ACC terminal.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hey, even the 2014 ASR has the push button!

image.jpg
          Nick
          Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by barrt1 View Post
            I am not real keen to have extra switches on my dash. I fitted a timer relay to hold power on the Tige touch while I switch from the On position to Accessories and back to stop the Tige touch from rebooting. I have had it for 9 months and it works great.
            That switch costs $158!! lol.. i love your idea barrt1 however; isn't there a way to tie the Accessorie power to the delay my lights are on? At night with my lights on, I simply pull the keys and exit the boat; the lights stay on for a few minuites then auto shut off. Where is this relay timer? It would be nice if TT was wireed into that.
            2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
            Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

That is your tige touch staying on lol.. The module takes time before it goes to sleep
              www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
              http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Wicked, I bought the same Amico switch from Amazon that you did. Can you possible tell me which wires you connected to the back of the switch and to what part of the electrical system on the boat? There are 6 pins on the back of the switch. Any help is much appreciated!!!

Comment

I just finished speaking with the marine technology engineer with Medallion regarding the true purpose of the wire to Pin 20. He informed me that the only purpose it serves is to allow the Tige Touch to accurately read and display house battery voltage, regardless of ignition state. It would be interesting for someone to test and note any differences with and without the wire connected.
                  Last edited by Tulsah; 02-24-2014, 09:07 PM.
                  2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

it serves is to allow the Tige Touch to accurately read and display house battery voltage
                    I would pass on that and install a $10 digital volt gauge to monitor my house bank. Even in a new boat with a good battery, the TT continues to display low voltage when the key is in the ACC position. I think this is an oversight on the firmware as its looking for alternator voltage. With the engine off, 12.7 is considered a low voltage condition by the TT. 11.5V should be the threshold IMO.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      I would pass on that and install a $10 digital volt gauge to monitor my house bank. Even in a new boat with a good battery, the TT continues to display low voltage when the key is in the ACC position. I think this is an oversight on the firmware as its looking for alternator voltage. With the engine off, 12.7 is considered a low voltage condition by the TT. 11.5V should be the threshold IMO.
                      I agree completely in terms of overall usefulness of their implementation. My main point in investigating and posting was simply to put an end to the speculation and determine exactly what the intended function of the wire is - ie is it needed, will it hurt my system to add it/not add it, etc...
                      2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsah View Post
                        I agree completely in terms of overall usefulness of their implementation. My main point in investigating and posting was simply to put an end to the speculation and determine exactly what the intended function of the wire is - ie is it needed, will it hurt my system to add it/not add it, etc...
                        and now that that mystery is solved, I personally and professionally not want that hooked up unless I knew that the low voltage threshold was more relevant. Reading the actual house ban voltage on a gauge is far more useful then a warning thats reading a good static level.

Im glad you where able to get that info, thanks for posting.

Comment

Thanks for the input Tulsah. I think i will go with out the wire.

Comment

Just got my button. Thanks for the heads up Tulsah. Save me wiring in the extra wire.

Comment

i havent been to the site in a while. this is my first time hearing about the button. where do i get the kit if i dont want to order through my dealer?

Comment

i havent been to the site in a while. this is my first time hearing about the button. where do i get the kit if i dont want to order through my dealer?

Comment

Working...
                                X