No announcement yet.

Affordable 2013 Ronix Parks Carbon Thrusters $400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you leave the board in direct sunlight, you can get some discoloration as well. I'm just guessing that the sock I made for my board isn't blocking out the UV rays but it does seem to keep the board cooler to the touch.

Comment

Then throwing a towel over the board while it's in the bimini pockets should have the same effect. Tuck it around the nose before insertion and the towel won't fly away.

Comment

Amazingly, I found a local shop that had that gorilla board bag, in stock, that I linked at Shred Stixx. I wanted to see if the board fit and how well it is constructed.
        Homerun! It fits like it was custom made for that board. It is very well built IMO and has a pocket for all the fins and is lined with the reflector material. It was $54 with tax.
        I asked about setting up a group buy. If there is enough interest 5+ I'll see what she can do?
        I'll post the pictures I took on my phone through TapaTalk.
        http://www.ebodyboarding.com/acess/B...-skimboard-bag
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Here are the pictures. The board is in the case, with the fins on, in the first picture.

Comment

I am in for 1 maybe 2 depending on price. Do you think a 4'10" board would fit?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
            Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Case dimensions show 58" long x 23" wide so you are right there. I just measured with the 4'7" board shoved to the nose there is exactly 3 inches to the zipper. I doubt you would be able to zip it completely closed, if the board is exactly 4'10". You might have to buy one for the 4'7" and try it and if it can work you order a second one and be out the $8? shipping.

Comment

Interesting that the reflective material is on the INside. I would think it would be best on the OUTside.

Yesterday I put a nice terrycloth towel over two boards before I slid them into the bimini pockets. Worked great. Incremental cost = $0. Think I'll do this now just as insurance.

Comment

They are good bags. I am an FCS/Gorilla dealer. If you all are interested in a few bags I can get you bulk price. Yes, I have not found any 4'8" or larger board that quite fit the bag. Also wider tailed and snub nosed board do not fit in well over 4'6". It is designed for skim boards. It is well made a very well cushioned. I do not like that it does not have a rail saver. A rail saver is extra material that blocks the zipper from contacting the rail. The Prolite skim bags had a rail saver and a couple other feature that were great. However, Prolite discounted the bog this year.

Nick

Comment

The other thing I would note about temperature control for you boards. Bags do help, even if dark colored. The insulation keeps the hot bag surface from contacting the board directly. However, if you lay a board bag in the sun, in 98-100 degree temperatures that bag becomes like an oven. This is not a problem until the inside temperature starts to exceed 130-140 degrees.

The best way to keep your board cool and out of the direct sun, if you do not have any shade or storage is a wet board sock. Put the board sock on, and dip it in the lake. Yes the board/sock will be wet, but it will not ever get too hot.

Nick

Comment

Thanks for the info Nick. Would this Prolite bag work? The LG 150cm (59") version should work?
                      http://www.prolite.com/product.asp?P...g#.VANaTihW0uI
                      Maybe that's the one you said is discontinued?
                      Last edited by TeamAllen; 08-31-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos View Post
                        The best way to keep your board cool and out of the direct sun, if you do not have any shade or storage is a wet board sock. Put the board sock on, and dip it in the lake. Yes the board/sock will be wet, but it will not ever get too hot.
                        Great idea! In my case, I'll wet down the towel before I slip it into the bimini pocket.

Comment

I've now had a good chunk of the summer to play around with fin set-up, although I do have the 2014 model and not 100% if its the exact same as the 2013. Board size is 5'1 and I'm 5'9, 185lbs. When I bought it I thought it might be too long but now I'm really glad I did as I think its the perfect length for myself and the majority of people I let use it.
                          I agree the 3 fin (smaller fins) setup was great but then I tried a new set-up with 2 smaller fins on the back setting of the middle row, I'm now in love. Its the perfect combination of carving and mobility with good stability but does allow me to get around on the odd 360. Any other set-up makes it almost impossible to get around, although I'm not an expert on 360's.
                          Not sure why you'd want longer fins the board is locked on with the short fins in almost any position.
                          We have tons of board here at the lake and the 2 that everyone keeps coming back to are the Carbon Thruster and the Danielo Diamond. Boards that now just sit unused, Danielo Pro, Razz, Oogle among other Shred Stixx and Inland Surf. Its mazing when you think you love your board then try 1 of the 2 above and then you go back and realize how bad it is. The Razz was the perfect example, the start of the year everyone loved it and it was used 95% of the time by everyone, then the 2 new boards showed up and the Razz hasn't been used in 2 months as it feels slow, heavy and slugg'ish. The other board I thought I'd like but after a couple of surfs really was disappointed with was the Byerly Buzz, really really slow…we were all on our front foot 100% of the time to even keep up with the wave and any time you tried cutting your were out of the pocket instantly. Not sure if this is important when comparing boards (but I think it is) I have a 2014 RZ2 with the big MLA bags in the rear so you get abetter idea on the wave all these boards are being used behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Robmc9 View Post
                            We have tons of board here at the lake and the 2 that everyone keeps coming back to are the Carbon Thruster and the Danielo Diamond.
                            Yep! We don't have as many boards as it sounds like you do, but when the various lake dwellers combine up their boards they keep coming back to the Carbon Thruster. We've started putting rank beginners on it and their learning curves have shortened like crazy. It's taking a toll on the board - I'll probably have to replace it sooner due to the wear and tear - but it's worth it because of how fast people get up and get stable. We only take out two boards now, the CT and our new-this-year 5-1 Illuminati for the larger folks (or when I want a REALLY FAST RIDE). The others just sit, unused, in the boathouse.

Comment

Working...
                            X