No announcement yet.

Affordable 2013 Ronix Parks Carbon Thrusters $400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup sting' no halloween RZ2 for me! haha. I was really looking forward to having an orange and black boat + a truck to match

About the board..its funny some of the crew..the smaller girls..like it. I believe the longer board (or one just a few inches) would be awesome. I still believe bigger fins would be the ticket. I put some bigger fins on mine but now I'm selling it. I don't want nick a PERFECT board so i'ts gets to stay in it's cushy board bag.

I've decided to buy another Drew Danielo Diamond. We've got the 4'3" and the girls LOVE it. I can't get them to surf any other board!

That little 'chip' is just to damn small for the moose. I've surfed it several times and I can really see how easy it would be to do some tricks. It's sooo quick to turn!! And light...ridiculously light. And durable. My 4'3" flew out of the boat on the highway doing 60. Shot up in the air 20 feet..did a few flips landed on its bottom then skidded to a stop on the shoulder. The damage...amazingly...was minimal. It was a scary moment.. All that happened was alot of bottom scratches but no dings!! Watertight. Crazy...just like my buddy driving the truck (60 in a 35)

So it's time to plant the $$ down for a 4'10". I was gonna' go for the 4'8" but my Phase 5 "X" is 4'10" and it's a straight up winner. It's floats me fine and is plenty fast. 1st 360 I tried it spun like a top. EVERYBODY likes that board.
    Last edited by MooseX; 07-28-2014, 05:44 PM.
    my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
      I've decided to buy another Drew Danielo Diamond.
      I have the 54" one. Your welcome to try it if I run into you out there next week (at tahoe Aug 2-9th).
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

sounds good...but I just pulled the trigger on a 4'10" Diamond from BoardCo. in UTAH

I should be out. I'll keep an eye out for you. We're usually around Tahoe City
        my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

moose,

I'm interested in your carbon thruster. I'm a bit smaller in size so I'm hoping the board will work for me. I tried sending you a pm. Let me know.

Thanks
          Steve

smashke@gmail.com

Comment

there's a local girl who is interested but if she bows out you'll be the first I call

She's checking it out tomorrow

Comment

Thanks bud, I appreciate it.

Comment

Any chance it's still available?

Comment

Mine showed up in the mail today and i'm pretty excited to try it out this coming weekend. The only boards i've ever ridden are my old Phase 5 (no idea even what model), and a cheap Liquid Force custom that i got from a buddy. Pretty sure he got both boards back in 06 when he bought his Moomba LSV.

What would be a good starting point for the fins on this board?

Also, for you guys that are saying the board is too small for you, how big are you guys?

Comment

Just got back from Lake Powell. The board was a lot of fun. The board delaminated on the bottom. We still rode it. I guess I will call Ronix in the next few days? Not sure what will happen with that?
                    My son played around with the fin configurations. In the end we stuck with the 3 fin thruster configuration. Two larger fins on the outside with a smaller fin in the middle. All 3 fins in the most rearward fin boxes. It was the board of choice on our trip. My wife even gave it a shot. It'll take awhile till I can get some pics up. I have a lot of catching up I need to do now.
                    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

We played with fin configurations last week too. Ended up with three fins, all short, in the two outermost positions and the center rear. Had been running two short fins in the middle front spots, so this was a decent change. We started with four shorts in all but center, but everyone felt it was too locked in and couldn't be thrown around enough. Three was a good balance.

Comment

As for the delam, call the retailer first. They might ship you a direct replacement.

Comment

Thanks WA for your update as well as the suggestion. Do you remember which slots you used for the side fins? Forward or back?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                              Thanks WA for your update as well as the suggestion. Do you remember which slots you used for the side fins? Forward or back?
                              Well, now... that's interesting. Looking at your photo I see that the outermost fins have two position options. My black board has only one position for those fins, hence my earlier comment "in the two outermost positions". We only have one choice there, and it appears to be where your fins are (i.e. we don't have the forward position).

As for the delamination: Wow, that's awful. Far worse than I imagined from your comment. I'd send that photo to the retail dealer first and see what they say. Please report back... you learn more about a dealer/manufacturer when something goes wrong than when everything goes right!

Comment

Strange you don't have the same fin box setup?

Looks like others at Malibu Crew had the same de-lamination problem with this board. The guy went back to the dealer, as you recommended.
                                http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...arbon-thuster/
                                Last edited by TeamAllen; 08-11-2014, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X